UFC 300 PPV Buys anyone know?

How much PPV buys did UFC 300 generate?

• Total voters
Who got 15k on that card?
Brundage was lowest paid and he got 64 grand, almost everyone was 6-7 digits before locker room bonuses.
No one complaining about pay except trolls

If Dana was shelling out 300k bonus' it has to be projected to be over a million

Senior Moderator calling people who don’t steal the stream “marks”.
Can’t make this stuff up. Only on sherdog.
It's not my fault. This is how the internet works now. User access has never been higher or easier.

UFC would be wise to evolve adopt something like a fight pass + streaming option for ~$30 that includes that month's "PPV". PPV was king back in the days of cable TV and no internet. This isn't the 90s or 00s anymore. Shift happened in the 10s and now it's locked in.

Sherdog pays for all my PPVs so I get everything in dat crisp 4k on my 98" QLED in my home theater so this doesn't really apply to me

I remember seeing something about once they moved to ESPN+ they don’t release the actual numbers, they release the “equivalent” numbers, whatever that means. Probably lower numbers than before.

I’m guessing it’s because they sell much less now that half their fan base doesn’t want to buy a $10/month subscription to buy a PPV lol

I'm guessing a million, but the amount of champs/ex-champs to get there is probably not good enough to brag about it. The event had no star quality to be fair besides being "300". Great event, but casuals probably wanted Conor and would've watched it 2x as much with no undercard.

It's not my fault. This is how the internet works now. User access has never been higher or easier.

UFC would be wise to evolve adopt something like a fight pass + streaming option for ~$30 that includes that month's "PPV". PPV was king back in the days of cable TV and no internet. This isn't the 90s or 00s anymore. Shift happened in the 10s and now it's locked in.

Sherdog pays for all my PPVs so I get everything in dat crisp 4k on my 98" QLED in my home theater so this doesn't really apply to me
WWE basically gives their PPVs away for free with a Peacock account, and they're doing better than they have in years. I figured others would follow; why would I pay for an ESPN+ account, just for the ability to buy a $60+ PPV?

Bad results hurt Dana's feelings.
We know the PPV numbers are in the toilet, just announce them. The model has changed for the UFC. They get paid being on ESPN and endorsements (which they keep mostly for the company). They get paid for having a lot of events so that is the reason for DWCS on Tuesdays and DWSCS (Dana White Saturday Night Contender Series) which Dana calls Apex events. "It is what it is".

Anyone saying a million is crazy, at best it did 500k-600k which is still above average. A million without Conor is unlikely, masvidal/usman 1 was the most recent card a non Conor PPV did 1 mil buys, that was when masvidal was hot and during covid

As fans we really need a big number here , if not we may never see a card this stacked again

WWE basically gives their PPVs away for free with a Peacock account, and they're doing better than they have in years. I figured others would follow; why would I pay for an ESPN+ account, just for the ability to buy a $60+ PPV?
Precisely. With the ESPN + partnership, why not get an upgraded package that incldudes that month's "PPV"? They'd make so much more money that way its infururiating they don't.

It has to be a pride thing versus boxing PPVs of the glory days. Boxing sticking with the PPV model has it on the ropes except for some casual friendly gimmick events.

At this point, when I buy PPVs it's because I do not want to miss something due to a stream freezing. If the price was cheaper I would probably buy more. I don't have a group of people to split it with and have a watch party so $80 can be damn steep sometimes unless it's a great card. And why on god's green earth is the native ESPN App on my TV dogshit and why can't I cast from the ESPN App on my phone to my chromecast. They need to fix their shit.

We know the PPV numbers are in the toilet, just announce them. The model has changed for the UFC. They get paid being on ESPN and endorsements (which they keep mostly for the company). They get paid for having a lot of events so that is the reason for DWCS on Tuesdays and DWSCS (Dana White Saturday Night Contender Series) which Dana calls Apex events. "It is what it is".

ESPN may not want to release numbers that are sub 500k because that would mean they lost money

I'd guess probably around 800K PPV's, which is a lot in this era.

Back