Media UFC 300 main event announcement this week or Dana is getting oiled up

The way they are letting this drag on and drag on without telling us the main event, makes me think its something special and totally out of left field. I don't think it will be a mundane fight.
lol I'm the opposite

The longer the delay the more I worry it is beause they are trying (and failing) to get something out of left field and we'll inevitably suffer something lackluster once their better plans fall flat.

Hopefully my pessimism is wrong / you are right

The way they are letting this drag on and drag on without telling us the main event, makes me think its something special and totally out of left field. I don't think it will be a mundane fight.

It seems they honestly thought just a stacked card + the 300 tag would sell

But the backlash has been very vocal ie they don’t like the match up, 299 is better, needs a blockbuster main , ect

Like Ariel said the initial plan back in January was actually to do Leon vs belal here lol and the reception to it changed the plans

I think they’re scrambling at the last moment now because the card is being received the way they expected

It seems they honestly thought just a stacked card + the 300 tag would sell

But the backlash has been very vocal ie they don’t like the match up, 299 is better, needs a blockbuster main , ect

Like Ariel said the initial plan back in January was actually to do Leon vs belal here lol and the reception to it changed the plans

I think they’re scrambling at the last moment now because the card is being received the way they expected

There is just no way they wanted Leon vs Belal to headline UFC 300, I refuse to believe that LMAO

Two of the most boring personalities and boring fightstyles headlining this milestone card.

It was different when 200 fell apart so they had to scramble to get random shit together, but they had all the time for this one and Leon vs Belal as the headliner is the best they came up with? It just doesnt make sense

There is just no way they wanted Leon vs Belal to headline UFC 300, I refuse to believe that LMAO

Two of the most boring personalities and boring fightstyles headlining this milestone card.

It was different when 200 fell apart so they had to scramble to get random shit together, but they had all the time for this one and Leon vs Belal as the headliner is the best they came up with? It just doesnt make sense
Sadly I’m serious

I thought that tweet meant Leon/Belal would just be on the card

Then in one of Ariel’s podcasts a few weeks back he clarified that it was genuinely supposed to be the headliner lol but the backlash prevented it from happening.

Sadly I’m serious

I thought that tweet meant Leon/Belal would just be on the card

Then in one of Ariel’s podcasts a few weeks back he clarified that it was genuinely supposed to be the headliner lol but the backlash prevented it from happening.

I think plans have probably changed over the last few weeks and Leon vs Belal won't be on UFC 300 any longer, no way it's taking the main event spot and the card won't have 4 title fights (including the BMF fight) so I don't think there's room for it to be there any further.

Back