UFC 293, September 9, Adesanya vs. Strickland, Australia

DabanggData

President
@Blue
Reaction score
UFC 293

Israel Mobolaji Temitayo Odunayo Oluwafemi Owolabi Adesanya vs Sean Thomas Strickland
F3CvytGWIAAs8eu.jpg

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/101315-ufc-293
https://www.tapology.com/forum/threads/73953

https://fightodds.io/odds/4749/ufc-293

UFC 293

Last edited:
When Izzy vs DDP is confirmed, I still think we need JDM and a could co-main.

I didn't even know Blood Diamond was still on the roster.

I was going to fly over for this but will be a pretty weak card so won't bother. Tuivasa is apparently against Voilkov?

Not many other Aussies are available atm. No idea what they'll pad this out with

Back to the front page. I've got:

2u Adesanya (-650)
1u Justin Tafa (-220)
1u Jamie Mullarky (-180) vs. 38 year old John Makdessi
2u Kevin Jousset (-110) City Kickboxing, #1 ranked MW in Aus, #5 ranked WW in Aus. Two division champion (Hex MMA).

Four City Kickboxing fighters.

I like Strickland enough I guess...but anyone else feel like the UFC wants Izzy to have his Silva/Forest "Matrix" moment here?

I can't see anything Strickland can do here.

His 'awkward' striking style consists of walking forward with his hands high, not the best footwork, no real power shots, no combinations that end with any real intent. He'll play right into Izzy's hands to get jabbed and leg kicked for as long as Izzy wants it to last...

-500 in all likelihood will prove to be value

Garbage PPV, just as the UFC and major sports leagues ramp up efforts to fight illegal streaming. If you want to fight that, put out a better product ffs. There's a reason good cards sell more than shit ones, just do more good ones

Back to the front page. I've got:

2u Adesanya (-650)
1u Justin Tafa (-220)
1u Jamie Mullarky (-180) vs. 38 year old John Makdessi
2u Kevin Jousset (-110) City Kickboxing, #1 ranked MW in Aus, #5 ranked WW in Aus. Two division champion (Hex MMA).

Four City Kickboxing fighters.
Jousset Smolliet at evens seems great, unless Crosbie is a totally different fighter than he was in Bellator.

Jousset Smolliet at evens seems great, unless Crosbie is a totally different fighter than he was in Bellator.
Beating Cowboy Oliviera is better than beating Kitt Campbell tbf. I haven't seen either fight but that's the best win either have. Not that it means all that much I guess

Beating Cowboy Oliviera is better than beating Kitt Campbell tbf. I haven't seen either fight but that's the best win either have. Not that it means all that much I guess
Looks good on paper, but that loss made Oliveira 4-9 in his last 13 fights.

Last edited:
Looks good on paper, but that loss made Oliveira 4-9 in his last 13 fights.

Yeah fair call too. Pass for me having not seen either fight but our regional scene in aus is questionable tbh. The plus is hes at CKB

I put down a parley that I feel very confident about.
Charlie Radtke Win over Mike Mathetha (Blood Diamond) + Israel Adesanya Win over Sean Strickland @-140.

Obviously not the best odds for this, but I do feel that it's very likely to hit.

Izzy win over Strickland. I don't think i have to motivate this part much. Not a hot take that Izzy should beat Strickland. It's MMA and things happen, but it doesn't feel like Strickland has a clear path to victory. I don't see him breaking Izzy with pressure, Izzy is too fast for this so he should be able to potshot his way to a victory.

When I saw Blood Diamond on the card I instantly knew I wanted to fade him, so it was just a matter of looking at his opponent. I think Blood Diamond is one of the worst fighters in the WW division... if not the worst. He is suppose to be this great striker, but his striking has not looked that good imo. His ground game is bad and his takedown defence is horrible... but worst of all is his fight IQ. This guy is seriously the stupidest fighter in the UFC. Watch the Orion Cosce fight again. He had so many opportunities to win the fight but he would constantly clinch up and get taken down when he had Cosce hurt. Even in between rounds he couldn't make the adjustments and not clinch after hurting Cosce.

Charlie Radtke, I didn't really know who this guy was before this fight got announced so I just watched everything I could find. Striking is not the best to be honest, he does get hit quite a lot and he is pretty basic in his approach. It's not horrible but could be better. He does have power though. However, he is slick on the ground. He is a legit grappler, the skill gap between Blood Diamond and Radtke on the ground will be absolutely massive.

I also listen to an interview he did a while back and he is talking about he wanting to fight Ian Garry in the future... who doesn't like a guy that wants to kick Ian Garrys ass :)
He also talked about he training with Miguel Baeza and Sidney Outlaw who are really good fighters to train with. Overall I think he looks like a solid guy. I also plan to hit the ITD prop, because i absolutely think he subs Blood Diamond.

Parlaying Jousset/Haqparast/Radtke just off wikicapping right now. I think Crosbie and Blood Diamond are amongst the worst fighters on the roster currently, and Nasrat has a layup against Landon. Only play I'll make without actually watching tape, had to get it in before the lines come down even more.

Volkov at -200 seems like
Great value to me …. He should score a finish over Tuivasa

Parlaying Jousset/Haqparast/Radtke just off wikicapping right now. I think Crosbie and Blood Diamond are amongst the worst fighters on the roster currently, and Nasrat has a layup against Landon. Only play I'll make without actually watching tape, had to get it in before the lines come down even more.
Lol Jousett is absolutely terrible. Did you see that fight this year where he went to a split decision vs a 40-yr old journeyman? I don't see how you can be confident in Jouset, he looks absolutely terrible on the feet and he hardly throws any volume. I don't know about Crossbie but he seems a lot smoother on the feet, and he has been on the Juice. He looked absolutely huge vs Oliveira. I am thinking of playing Crosbie here. I am not exactly sure what Jousets skills are tbh.

Lol Jousett is absolutely terrible. Did you see that fight this year where he went to a split decision vs a 40-yr old journeyman? I don't see how you can be confident in Jouset, he looks absolutely terrible on the feet and he hardly throws any volume. I don't know about Crossbie but he seems a lot smoother on the feet, and he has been on the Juice. He looked absolutely huge vs Oliveira. I am thinking of playing Crosbie here. I am not exactly sure what Jousets skills are tbh.
I mean, you say that but Crosbie is the guy who got mauled by Leary and tapped by a washed Georgi in 1 round. I think Kiefer will just fight dumb, get in on the clinch eventually and find himself taken down by Kevin's judo.

This card sucks. Why didnt they schedule JDM to this card? Its even a ppv ffs.
Cant find anything to feel good about either betting wise. I guess Volkov because Tai kinda sucks without momentum but will hometown play a factor?
Words Juice and uniteresting are my thoughts when looking at this card.

This card sucks. Why didnt they schedule JDM to this card? Its even a ppv ffs.
Cant find anything to feel good about either betting wise. I guess Volkov because Tai kinda sucks without momentum but will hometown play a factor?
Words Juice and uniteresting are my thoughts when looking at this card.
They couldn't find an opponent for JDM since Aussie taxes are heavy on foreign fighters' wallets or something like that.

They really did try to throw him on there tho, there was a few articles detailing it a few weeks back.

I mean, you say that but Crosbie is the guy who got mauled by Leary and tapped by a washed Georgi in 1 round. I think Kiefer will just fight dumb, get in on the clinch eventually and find himself taken down by Kevin's judo.
Yeah I agree they both suck, but really look at all of Joussets fights, he gets dropped or goes to a split decision in almost all of his fights, and against poor opposition This is just a bum fight but no amount of confidence in Jousset is warranted. The only thing he has going for him is the city kickboxing hype.

Yeah I agree they both suck, but really look at all of Joussets fights, he gets dropped or goes to a split decision in almost all of his fights, and against poor opposition This is just a bum fight but no amount of confidence in Jousset is warranted. The only thing he has going for him is the city kickboxing hype.
If it were anywhere else than Australia I'd agree, but in a fight between two shitty guys, one of whom probably holds enough grappling edge to gain some control time, I'll take the guy the judges might be biased towards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back