UFC 270 PBP/Discussion

When Gane hit the single leg i thought that was a really smart move, but then he dropped back for a straight leg lock. Wtf

after seing ngannu win a f'n decision with shredded knee vs gane at +1200 odds i will never discount any possibility in mma again. Gotta be more open minded.

You know, when you're winning the best thing you can do is keep winning. Gane just needed to keep winning and stay on top, but he got creative in the moment.

You know, when you're winning the best thing you can do is keep winning. Gane just needed to keep winning and stay on top, but he got creative in the moment.
Can't recall what his corners said, but maybe he thought he needed to finish? Before he got the takedown he threw like the first proper power shot as well. Bizarre stuff anyway.

gained 10u this card, my biggest regrets were my split second bad hedge live in the perreira fight and having literally everything covered in main event except ngannu decision.

after seing ngannu win a f'n decision with shredded knee vs gane at +1200 odds i will never discount any possibility in mma again. Gotta be more open minded.

I agree. I can't block my mind off to these seemingly wild possibilities.

More focus on analyzing the next card's matchups for me.

I agree. I can't block my mind off to these seemingly wild possibilities.

More focus on analyzing the next card's matchups for me.
Francis' trainer said that Francis has felt in love with wrestling, but I honestly thought even if he tries to wresle he's gonna gas himself out because he's not used to wrestle in fights. And I thought that Gane's constant movement will help him stay away from both punches and TD attempts.

It was a big gamble on Francis' part to try and win it that way IMO.

He seems really sharp and maybe one of the last bros who should be called out.

I agree but c'mon...gotta have a laugh at "eat 3 whole dicks".

I need to watch again, but I'm pretty positive that Ngannou was hitting a sweep and that's when Gane went for the leg. He was getting swept either way.

I need to watch again, but I'm pretty positive that Ngannou was hitting a sweep and that's when Gane went for the leg. He was getting swept either way.
Yeah, saw the replay today. Well played by Francis I guess. Still not the smartest move by Gane to engage in grappling when you got dominated there in the previous 2 rounds.

Maybe. Gane adjusted once when Francis started the same sweep and Gane was able to hold top position. Francis definitely had his hips turned and for sure had a chance to sweep there. Gane had to make a choice. Personally I think he chose wrong just given where it was in the fight, how close it was, etc. In the moment though, he has a split second to decide and he's hit leglocks before to finish so I kinda get it.

Maybe. Gane adjusted once when Francis started the same sweep and Gane was able to hold top position. Francis definitely had his hips turned and for sure had a chance to sweep there. Gane had to make a choice. Personally I think he chose wrong just given where it was in the fight, how close it was, etc. In the moment though, he has a split second to decide and he's hit leglocks before to finish so I kinda get it.

A lot of people are acting like he just randomly dropped back for a leg lock though. I guess that's the point that I'm trying to make. Ngannou was on his way to sweeping. Obviously that can be countered, but I personally think Gane was on his way to being swept and decided to go for the leg. I think he figured he'd either get it or end up on top. He got outgrappled in my mind, plain and simple.

Back