UFC 269 PBP/Discussion

Mma math doesn’t work as you well know. Chandler and Dustin had him hurt badly. This is the luckiest run this side of Conor. Charlie is a stiff begging to get blasted.
It's not MMA math, it's showing where they currently are as fighters. Being able to overcome adversity and finish top guys isn't "luck".

It at least SEEMS like you are letting personal bias and feelings about a fighter make you lose some objectivity and losing more $ because of that isn't the way to go imo. Just my 2 cents.

It's not MMA math, it's showing where they currently are as fighters. Being able to overcome adversity and finish top guys isn't "luck".

It at least SEEMS like you are letting personal bias and feelings about a fighter make you lose some objectivity and losing more $ because of that isn't the way to go imo. Just my 2 cents.
lol appreciate you looking out for me Mikey. I’m laying a triple max nuke on whoever Dana feeds Olives to. Justin and Conor would both kill him.

No he certainly didn’t. Tony didn’t do anything but make it to the bell. Poirier at least busted him up and knocked him down a couple of times.
Tony didn't get subbed. Period. The fact he didn't get finished says a lot.

lol appreciate you looking out for me Mikey. I’m laying a triple max nuke on whoever Dana feeds Olives to. Justin and Conor would both kill him.
Bro, Conor wouldn't even kill that chinese guy Durden beat weeks ago.

me from the pre fight betting thread
The only realistic way is for Nunes to punch herself out à la Leonardo Santos. (and we need the right ref who's not gonna stop the fight!) But this would be a very rookie mistake, one that I really don't expect from her at this stage of her career. Gassing out from grappling for an extended period of time, yeah maybe there's a chance. But the thing is Peña is 1. bruteforcing her grappling that it often tires herself more than the opponent, 2. her submission awareness is kinda shit and Nunes can and probably will going to take advantage of that.
I dunno... this is one of those fights where the big favourite has to either suffer a freak injury, or do multiple things wrong to lose. Something big needs to happen for Peña to win.
Pena didn't even needed to spend that much chin in order to do it. Fucking Nunes got herself in lots of 50/50 exchanges that tired her ass out in no time.
Jesus fucking Christ! That performance was dumb as shit. Nunes was full of herself. Too cocky and just threw the fight away IMO. The only thing I can add is that Luke Thomas was right on that one. He didn't pick Pena, but he said that
From Morning Kombat ep 239 52:32min
Brian Campbell: Luke, people at home are gonna say "Why the hell are you talking us into her?"
Luke Thomas: I'm not talking you into her. I'm talking you out of... just assuming greatness will allways be great and will never have any change at that. Dude, it happens when you least expect it. It happens all the time in MMA.

BOL brother. I doubted Chuck for awhile too. Not anymore.

Great night betting wise and a historic event. Conor, gaethje, i think oliveira is the fav against them. big fav against stuck in the mud 2022 conor, gaethje stands more of a chance if olives stands and trades like a dummy early again but he should have no answer on the ground after that. Makhachev, on the other hand, should eat him alive. Stronger, positinal wrestler. Only one I'd cap as favorite over charlie. Anyways, every charlie fight is FDGTD for sure. Dude's got an old school, favelas mentality. Kill or be killed.

What is next for cogar? Maybe back to 135? Extra 10 lbs cut ain't doing much for him, might as well save those pounds and actually improve his game/tendencies. Kara france has improved quite a bit, he looked sharp. I dunno he beats Moreno but id watch. Pantoja, askar and perez in there too, division is good tbh.

Wmma gonna wmma. Guy with the 300k bet was asking for trouble but then again, if you play that much money you're prob set for life. Always bet what you can afford to lose. Imho, nunes lost partly because of her ego. Much like cyborg, she's used to being the hammer so much that when she got answered, she wanted to return fire instantly, even tho she was clearly hurt. That tap didn't look good, i think it wasn't even sinked in. She'll come back, funny enough she's prob the better grappler and it's a clear ptv for her.

Who's the next matchup for sean?

Slightly less dumb than Pena makes herself look in interviews
Man who would've thought. I found her interview hilarious as well. I laughed my ass off when she said I'll give nunes a rematch in the prefight press. She pulled it off, congrats to her. She's very charismatic and clearly a very confident woman.

Makhachev, on the other hand, should eat him alive. Stronger, positinal wrestler. Only one I'd cap as favorite over charlie. Anyways, every charlie fight is FDGTD for sure. Dude's got an old school, favelas mentality. Kill or be killed.
Hello, TKD! Wassup! I haven't picked against Oliveira for a looong time and will not do it until he fights somebody who can completely shut his grappling down. Agree with Makhachev as a fav.
What is next for Cody? Maybe back to 135? Extra 10 lbs cut ain't doing much for him, might as well save those pounds and actually improve his game/tendencies. Kara france has improved quite a bit, he looked sharp. I dunno he beats Moreno but id watch. Pantoja, askar and perez in there too, division is good tbh.
Gabrandt is almost a pure counter-puncher. He doesn't do much on offence besides some kicks that doesn't connect with anything and when he does commit - it's sloppy as hell. He NEEDS to have a speed advantage, fighting smaller people is losing the speed edge for no reward in return - he isn't one hell of a wrestler/grappler to take advantage of his size. He was fast handed counter-puncher in the pocket. Very narrow way of winning the fight in any weight class, but the lower you get in weightclass the tougher it becomes.
Wmma gonna wmma. Guy with the 300k bet was asking for trouble but then again, if you play that much money you're prob set for life. Always bet what you can afford to lose.I
This was the dumbest bet I've ever heard TBH. Betting 300K for what 30K profit? Is this real life? I've made plenty of bad bets in my life, but frankly I've never put bets on anyone who's so big of a favourite. I draw the line @ -300. I don't care who you are Khabib, Jones or Shevchenko, if I have to pay more than that I'm pass. There are NO LOCKS in this game.
Who's the next matchup for sean?
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Hello, TKD! Wassup! I haven't picked against Oliveira for a looong time and will not do it until he fights somebody who can completely shut his grappling down. Agree with Makhachev as a fav.
Gabrandt is almost a pure counter-puncher. He doesn't do much on offence besides some kicks that doesn't connect with anything and when he does commit - it's sloppy as hell. He NEEDS to have a speed advantage, fighting smaller people is losing the speed edge for no reward in return - he isn't one hell of a wrestler/grappler to take advantage of his size. He was fast handed counter-puncher in the pocket. Very narrow way of winning the fight in any weight class, but the lower you get in weightclass the tougher it becomes.
This was the dumbest bet I've ever heard TBH. Betting 300K for what 30K profit? Is this real life? I've made plenty of bad bets in my life, but frankly I've never put bets on anyone who's so big of a favourite. I draw the line @ -300. I don't care who you are Khabib, Jones or Shevchenko, if I have to pay more than that I'm pass. There are NO LOCKS in this game.
giphy.gif
What up kyle! I agree regarding cody, I'd return to bw if i was him but either way he's in dire need of a win. Would love to see Cruz vs sean. Sean's reach advantage, diverse striking and precision make me think dom would look to take the fight down which would make for an interesting fight. It seems like Cruz doesn't want anything to do with him tho, as he's unranked and he's only looking upwards. Maybe chito?

What up kyle! I agree regarding cody, I'd return to bw if i was him but either way he's in dire need of a win. Would love to see Cruz vs sean. Sean's reach advantage, diverse striking and precision make me think dom would look to take the fight down which would make for an interesting fight. It seems like Cruz doesn't want anything to do with him tho, as he's unranked and he's only looking upwards. Maybe chito?
Yes, but I hope UFC will make him take this fight because it makes too much sense. It will be a good name to beat for either of them. From the perspective of Cruz - not many people know Munoz, but a lot more know O'Malley. And from the perspective of Sean it's obvious. Also in favour of this fight is that both won their last fights and don't have scheduled fights, yet.
I have other names for Sean, besides Cruz, like J.Rivera but, he is a free agent and I think he will fight for that Bare Knuckle promotion, R.Simon and C.Stamann have scheduled fights.
Chito fight is good from fan perspective, but isn't a name and I still think Sean will lose it. Casey Kenney is free and it's a good test to see where Sean is. I don't think Sean can roll through him like he did with Paiva.

Back