UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega - Official Weigh In - 9 a.m. ET/Ceremonial Weigh In - 6 p.m. ET

Joanna still looks pretty drained at 125. That 115 cut had to be insane. Really curious how she performs without the bigger weight cut.

I didn't watch the video, but just seeing a picture of her on the scale, she doesn't look drained at all. Was it something in her mannerisms or the way she moved that made you think she looked that way?

Moicano, the BACKUP fighter for the main event....missed weight. What a doofus.

I am cracking up. Moicano waits until the actual last minute and still comes in a pound heavy for his backup plan in the title fight. He's got an hour to drop down to 145, but wow, this is just...special.

I didn't watch the video, but just seeing a picture of her on the scale, she doesn't look drained at all. Was it something in her mannerisms or the way she moved that made you think she looked that way?
This. I thought she looked the best she ever has. Her face was still completely filled in.

I am cracking up. Moicano waits until the actual last minute and still comes in a pound heavy for his backup plan in the title fight. He's got an hour to drop down to 145, but wow, this is just...special.
Yes it's a special kind of failure to be the "we can rely on you right?" backup fighter and ....Max makes it, Brian makes it,....and the backup guy screws it up. Lol.

Now they're saying he can't weigh in again. The backup needs a backup lmaoooo

Glad Max made weight with on apparent issues.

Real question is how much Ortega will weigh tomorrow night?

Real question is how much Ortega will weigh tomorrow night?
I think you know the answer.

hqdefault.jpg

Yep, he is no longer cutting weight, so the backup is busted.
Let's hope Max doesn't do any more snowboarding later today.... and break his ankle or something. I was quite surprised he thought that was a good idea (one of the embedded episodes...)

I knew Holloway would make weight easily, he has never missed weight before. I said he would make it easily. This thing about Holloway being HUGE is absolute nonsense, Holloway is skinny in person, very skinny.

Well at least we get to see that fight, War Holloway, he is fun to watch

I knew Holloway would make weight easily, he has never missed weight before. I said he would make it easily. This thing about Holloway being HUGE is absolute nonsense, Holloway is skinny in person, very skinny.

Well at least we get to see that fight, War Holloway, he is fun to watch
Wat

Let's hope Max doesn't do any more snowboarding later today.... and break his ankle or something. I was quite surprised he thought that was a good idea (one of the embedded episodes...)
Haha my same thought. Guy didnt look like he was a great boarder either lol

You don’t know what you’re talking about. That’s it
Then tell me. Holloway has never ever missed weight. He was pulled from his last fight because he was acting strange with slurred speech, they dont know the reason for it, they have lots of theories but couldnt come to a conclusion. Holloway is skinny, he has always made weight over 25 times easily.

Then tell me. Holloway has never ever missed weight. He was pulled from his last fight because he was acting strange with slurred speech, they dont know the reason for it, they have lots of theories but couldnt come to a conclusion. Holloway is skinny, he has always made weight over 25 times easily.
Seen max in person multiple times and he is big when not cutting to 145. You are using technicalities regarding missing the Khabib fight. He was indeed not on weight and was not allowed to cut anymore. Whatever the reasons were, he didn’t make weight. That’s it

He cuts a lot and hasn’t missed weight when officially stepping on the scale, but he couldn’t make a fight because of the health reasons associated with cutting weight. Not that it really matters since it was a short window to make the weight. I don’t blame him at all

She just looked tired and her face seems drained to me. Not as bad as usual but I can tell she still had to cut. It wasn't like Conor stepping on the scale at 170 glowing like he had a full belly.

He has missed weight and has missed 3 fights this year. Where have you been?

On April 1, 2018, Holloway was announced as a late replacement for the injured Tony Ferguson in a fight for the vacant undisputed UFC Lightweight Championship at UFC 223 against Khabib Nurmagomedov to be held on April 7, 2018. If victorious, Holloway would be only the second fighter (behind Conor McGregor) in UFC history to hold titles in two different divisions simultaneously. Holloway, who had no fight scheduled and was not in a training camp, accepted the fight with only six days to prepare. On April 6, as he was due to weigh in, Holloway was pulled from the card by New York State Athletic Commission doctors due to the severity of his short notice weight cut.[66] The bout continued with Al Iaquinta as a last minute replacement for Holloway.[67]

Holloway was then scheduled to defend his UFC Featherweight Championship title on July 7, 2018 at UFC 226 against Brian Ortega.[68] However on July 4, Holloway was pulled from the fight due to "concussion like symptoms".

Back