Ufc 229 was not Prime Khabib

TerraRayzing

Little eagle soars again
@Brown
Reaction score
I think there was something off about him at ufc 229. He didn't throw any ground n pound in the first round at all, did not properly tie up his arms and legs or advanced position. I think ufc 219 khabib would have finished Conor in the first round, there was something clearly off about Khabib that night.

giphy.gif

nah, I don't think so. if anything it wasn't prime conor

Khabib looked unstoppable, much like the rest of his fights.

Not really post-worthy, he beat him up, submitted him, won the fight. Overkill in terms of analysis of tiny variable differences. Everyone should move on to the next match up, this is urinal talk.

I think there was something off about him at ufc 229. He didn't throw any ground n pound in the first round at all, did not properly tie up his arms and legs or advanced position. I think ufc 219 khabib would have finished Conor in the first round, there was something clearly off about Khabib that night.

Did you actually watch the fight? Conor was doing a good job in round 1 of NOT letting Khabib get him under control on the ground - hence, no ground and pound.

Second, Khabib was emotional going into the fight. If you noticed, he gassed in round three after his output in round two. He suffered a big emotional adrenaline dump. In round 4, his energy levels recovered and he finished the fight.

Not really hard to see what happened. Conor's trash talking threw Khabib a bit off his game, but not enough to prevent Khabib from kicking the shit out of him like he's done to everyone else.

Actually, Conor wasn't really off. He just wasn't as aggressive because he was worried about the takedown. No real surprise there, either.

I thought Khabib's speed and striking in general was much better than previous outings.

Was expecting Conor to blitz him in a few rounds by having better striking and footwork.

Yeah it had something to do with how good Conor was doing against the TD. KN is used to total domination in every sec of every round. That wasn't the case here. Sure 2/3's of the fight was him dominating and he ultimately won by tapout but Conor did better then anyone else against him. It will be even better the next time. I think Conor was too full of himself like the first Diaz fight then he got grounded and actually did what he needed to do to win. Dude gets a big head.

It was proper Conor.
Conor is still in his prime. So is Khabib. Conor is 30, and only had about 25 fights. He hasn't taken much damage. Khabib just makes other fighters look out of 'prime".Anyways i don't like Conor, but he could still be top 5, i think. His motivation could be out of "prime', though.

It was proper Conor.
Conor is still in his prime. So is Khabib. Conor is 30, and only had about 25 fights. He hasn't taken much damage. Khabib just makes other fighters look out of 'prime".Anyways i don't like Conor, but he could still be top 5, i think. His motivation could be out of "prime', though.

I think he could still very well be in his prime. I just don't think it was the best version of conor or the conor of '14-'16 given the 2 years away from the octagon. khabib was too much too quick and a "tune-up" fight prolly would've been better served. I think his lifestyle out of the cage the past two years might've caught up with him.

Not that I think it being "prime" conor makes any difference. I think any version of khabib beats any version of conor

I think he could still very well be in his prime. I just don't think it was the best version of conor or the conor of '14-'16 given the 2 years away from the octagon. khabib was too much too quick and a "tune-up" fight prolly would've been better served. I think his lifestyle out of the cage the past two years might've caught up with him.

Not that I think it being "prime" conor makes any difference. I think any version of khabib beats any version of conor
It wasn't the best version of Conor, due to Khabib. Five years ago or even three, the fight would have probably been slightly different. He was supposedly training for the last year or so, but like I said his motivation wasn't there like it used to be. It very well could have been his lifestyle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back