PBP UFC 228: Woodley vs. Till - Main Card PBP Discussion Thread - 10pm ET/7pm PT/3am UK

Only thing that let it down was John Dodson's boring shit.

It was a letdown without question, I expected Rivera to have more life to him. Not like he wasn't just a bit of news.

I don't hate Dodson but he sure has been weak recently.

I was hoping Darren would do but brilliant performance by Tyron he really found an extra gear. It will take some performance to take the belt off him.

Maybe I'm misremembering but Till looked noticeably less shredded to me than he did against Cowboy. He says the weight cut went great but he didn't look to be in peak shape imo.

Woodley's just too good. Too well rounded, too explosive, too intelligent, too well prepared. Only thing standing in his way at WW is how he ages.

Brilliant performance by Tyron he really found an extra gear.

3ggZ.gif

I was backing Till the while build up and then as soon as I saw them in the cage together I could just tell that Woodly was going to dominate.

Covington is probably his hardest fight left at WW. His striking didn't look bad against RDA, he puts on a great pace, obviously he can wrestle. I would take Woodly to beat him, probably KO, but it could make for a good fight.

53597-1473774.png

Ahhh...
I like to wake up at morning, take a coffee and check how much i dominated @paynebringer last night.

<SelenaWow><{anton}><13>

Just watched Andrade vs Kowalkiewicz: Did Karolina woke up already or she's still sleeping in octagon? That was violent.

<41> Lovely comment in hindsight. Pretty much this whole forum was crowing Till as the new ruler at 170.
This. It was the same before the Wonderboy fight. Bitches were starting threads about who Wonderboy's first title defense should be and after the fights Wonderboy wasn't that good anymore all of a sudden.

Colby may not be as good as Rory but he is relentless with his pressure. Look at the RDA fight. RDA has amazing striking. Now granted, Woodley has way better wrestling but the blueprint in beating him is in relentless pressure.

If Colby keeps absorbing shots and continues to pressure relentlessly, it's gonna be a long night with Woodley defending takedowns and burning his tank
Woodley also has much more power than Dos Anjos and knock any welterweight out with a single punch.

The main event reminded me of the ngannou/miocic build up... a lot of hype but when it came to the fight, he couldn't get it done.

53597-1473774.png

Ahhh...
I like to wake up at morning, take a coffee and check how much i dominated @paynebringer last night.

<SelenaWow><{anton}><13>

Just watched Andrade vs Kowalkiewicz: Did Karolina woke up already or she's still sleeping in octagon? That was violent.

200w.webp
That's some serious bullsh!t another 1 loss drop back to back events

53597-1473295.png

Nice card. Good subs and KOs. Dayum Karoline and Price got KTFO. Of course Rivera and Dodson had a terrible fight, you could've guess that from a mile away!

Andrade is a beast, I knew coming in she will smash Karolina. She might just finish Rose if she pressures her hard enough. But she would lose to Joanna again.

Tatiana also looked like a beast, I think she beats both Rose and Andrade.I love fighters like Andrade, just go out and fuck someone up.

LOL at Till doing absolutely nothing in that fight. He landed one punch in the whole fight. This is what happens when you give a BS title shot to someone who won a BS hometown decision and didn't have any place in title fight from the start. Good on Tyrun to finally finish a fight.

Last edited:
Back