UFC 228 PPV buys

Its getting to the point where UFC are gonna have to start paying me to watch these cards

I have no idea why the UFC is wasting a real potential contender who could build a fan base in the UK in Till by rushing him into a title shot just to suit Woodley because they couldn't force Colby to take the fight before he was ready like they did to Maia. That's part of Woodley's whole strategy now apparently. Be inactive and then force your contenders to fight soon after they just had a match and don't feel they have time to properly prepare.

After Woodley’s last few stink bombs I’m never paying a dime towards any card he’s part of.

This could be the worst 9/10 fights ever.

At least on other cards you get beefcake Italian dude; Alvey and Villante.

Well, with all the drama surrounding this one and Woodley not a big draw and an average card I think this could be in bottom 3 of the year. I’m guessing 125-150k for this one. I’ll watch but will head down to local sports bar to watch instead of buying this one.
I'm not sure that "all the drama" necessarily hurts PPV buys. If anything, more drama normally means more PPV buys. What hurts the PPV buys is obviously losing the Montano/Shevchenko fight itself. But I don't think it was a huge draw to begin with. I don't think undercard quality has a huge effect on buyrate either. Till/Woodley has always been the draw of UFC 228, and that fight's intact. So the buyrate will be tied to the drawing potential of that fight. I think Till is a bigger draw than Woodley, going by the amount of threads and Youtube views he gets compared to Tyron. I think this will beat 200k, but I dunno by how much. UFC should be really happy if it can beat 300k, which I think is a possibility.

If the numbers turn out to be as low as y'all are saying then Darren till ain't that big of a star, wasn't he supposed to be a big draw or whatever?
{<redford}
Maybe in Britain where they don't have to buy ppv

Considering Tyron's last fight set the record for the least amount of punches thrown in a 5 round fight, I say no more than 185k.

I live in Dallas and I'm embarrassed that we're hosting this shitty event.

Back