UFC 219 main-card

Joseph_McBride

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Of course Calvillo vs Esparza gets forced down our throats on ppv instead of Usman/Meek, Hooker/Diakese, Roundtree, or even Rick Glenn.

I had hoped they wouldnt do that since Wmma was headlining. I'm not against women headlining or wmma, but if your putting your product behind a $64 pay-wall I want the scariest, craziest action fighters. I pay to be entertained not to see Calvillo/Esparza because they are ranked high.

I guess I'll just stream it by myself and save my money, rather than being able to convince friends to throw down $5-10 and order it. Probably the exact thought process that has the ufc's "ppv basement buyrate" down to 100k from 250k just a cpl years ago.

Of course Calvillo vs Esparza gets forced down our throats on ppv instead of Usman/Meek, Hooker/Diakese, Roundtree, or even Rick Glenn.

I had hoped they wouldnt do that since Wmma was headlining. I'm not against women headlining or wmma, but if your putting your product behind a $64 pay-wall I want the scariest, craziest action fighters. I pay to be entertained not to see Calvillo/Esparza because they are ranked high.

I guess I'll just stream it by myself and save my money, rather than being able to convince friends to throw down $5-10 and order it. Probably the exact thought process that has the ufc's "ppv basement buyrate" down to 100k from 250k just a cpl years ago.
Filthy casual reporting in. I've heard of Esparza. I don't recognize the other names listed there. That's probably the reason - it seems that name recognition and fame determines most things on cards these days.

TS complains about paying for fights on a card the proceeds to admit he won't pay. Got it.

So, if no WMMA and the card is stacked then you pay full pop. If its weak you steal it? I don't believe you.

You're never going to get the 5 best fights on a card just on PPV in this era because the UFC needs the FS1 prelims to fetch decent ratings.

Main Card (Fox)

Welterweight Robbie Lawler vs. Rafael dos Anjos [a]
Featherweight Ricardo Lamas vs. Josh Emmett
Welterweight Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Mike Perry
Light Heavyweight Glover Teixeira vs. Misha Cirkunov
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Light Heavyweight Jan Błachowicz vs. Jared Cannonier
Middleweight Julian Marquez vs. Darren Stewart
Welterweight Chad Laprise vs. Galore Bofando
Flyweight Tim Elliott vs. Pietro Menga
Lightweight John Makdessi vs. Abel Trujillo
Middleweight Alessio Di Chirico vs. Oluwale Bamgbose
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
Welterweight Jordan Mein vs. Erick Silva
Welterweight Nordine Taleb vs. Danny Roberts

Are we really getting worked into a shoot over the 4th fight on the main card?

Main Card (Fox)

Much better than that 219 PPV for cucks. Cyborg vs Holm is going to suck anyone that thinks Holm will engage with her is delusional. And I could give a rats ass about Calvillo.

Usman/Meek should be on the main card. When it was Saki/Roundtree I would have gone with that but idk the guy Roundtree is fighting anymore so Usman/Meek should for sure be there.

Esparza is a terrible fighter if I'm thinking of the right chick and idk Calvillo

You're never going to get the 5 best fights on a card just on PPV in this era because the UFC needs the FS1 prelims to fetch decent ratings.
There's also the considerations of the Latinx market to pander to, as well as the fact that apparently the majority of viewers are female.

Main Card (Fox)

Mein Vs Silva is my 2nd favorite fight on that card...

why on fckng fight pass.... -_-'

Mein Vs Silva is my 2nd favorite fight on that card...

why on fckng fight pass.... -_-'
really hoping motivated Mein shows up for this one

dude is a real handful when his head's on straight

Yeah too much WMMA on this card. However, since it has Khabib on it and it would be NYE here in Australia I'll probably still watch it.

If Khabib pulls out of this card, so do I.

I thought Usman turned down the Meek fight

The card is kind of weak for end of the year. Wish they could have gave us a great co / main event. Depends on the prelims on if I order it. Sometimes the shit cards deliver.

TS complains about paying for fights on a card the proceeds to admit he won't pay. Got it.

So, if no WMMA and the card is stacked then you pay full pop. If its weak you steal it? I don't believe you.

How u gonna shit on TS's logic here? He's not saying it's worth $60 to him without the wmma, but because of that fight he's streaming. He's saying "if you have a core group of friends who will throw 10 or 20 bucks in, when there is some appeal to the 1 or 2 casuals.. then you'd have an easier time getting them to throw with some random HW fights in there."

You almost have to be someone who never buys the fights to not get that. My group has 2 hardcores and 2 casuals. And i'm in the same boat as TS. I'd have a better chance getting them to throw in for this.

Main Card (Fox)