UFC 217 is not selling well at all!

Not good for the UFC at all if a stacked card like this can't even fill half the building

If this card bombs with Jones gone, Conor officially owns the UFC

The Gap between him and everyone else on the roster is too big. There is no reason for him to stay with the UFC. They bring nothing to the table....only way he stays is if they give him 50% of the company(2.5 billion)

R.I.P.

UFC
Go watch some fightpass and stop making statements, nobody here cares

Should end up being alright in terms of selling out or coming close to it.

The lack of obnoxious over priced resales for the event might suggest the buzz is going to be less than they expect and could result in a lower buyrate than anticipated. I would think this is probably looking at 600k. I'm not hearing much buzz about it yet.

Whats the capacity at MSG 18 -20 thousand? I reckon there must be 4-5 thousand tickets still unsold. Most events these days without conor do not sell out or take ages to sell out.
You can make zoom on site and basicly count one by one, how many is not sold. Didn't do it but my guess is they sold around 17 k

It'll still do a 2m+ gate and over 500k buys.

You can make zoom on site and basicly count one by one, how many is not sold. Didn't do it but my guess is they sold around 17 k

It's more like 80% is sold out.

Blue are still available.
Red have been sold (they are scalpers)

UFCMSG.jpg

My estimated count landed on 1650 tickets being unsold. No more then 2000.

Last edited:

Which isnt as bad as some are making out then. The way rogan was talking you would think half the arena was empty.

Well, just because Rogan says it doesn't mean it's true.

And there's still two more weeks to go before the fight.

And gate and PPV are not automatically correlated with one another. So even if the gate isn't what they had expected or hoped for, it doesn't automatically spell doom for the buy rate. It could still realistically pull in anywhere between 600,000-1M buys.

Whether being away for four years will affect people's enthusiasm for GSP's return is still to be determined. I know Brock was a bigger draw than George, but being away from the sport for nearly five years didn't stop him from pulling an impressive buy rate for UFC 200. I still expect UFC 217 to do really well.

I'm not going to comment on your autistic statement about Conor owning the UFC, but I will say this: the UFC needs to make adjustments to their current business model and their approach to matchmaking and promoting fights and fighters.
The company and the brand are bigger than ever in terms of the size of their fan base, but they need to switch to a more sustainable model and focus on boosting fan interest again.

They need to create appetite for their brand, quantity over quality is not good in the long term and we are starting to see the results; declining fan interest, lack of stars, apathy from fighters, etc.
I think one step to regaining interest from fans is to have fewer, more stacked cards and to increase fighter promotion by focusing on key fighters and their stories (i.e. producing more Countdown shows type of content) s rather than advertising fight night cards that no one wants to see with fighters that no one cares about.

I know they are tied to the current TV deal with FOX which makes them develop a huge amount of content, including fight cards, so the UFC had to increase their roster size to be able to produce this amount of fights. As this deal is about to expire, I hope with the new deal (hopefully with a different network or streaming platform) they focus on developing better fights with better fighters, even if it means cutting down to 20-30 events in the year.

you guys are idiots. The gate was 75 million lol largest gate in the history of entertainment.....who cares if you sell out a building when tickets are $1 a piece...you're clueless

The gate so far for the GSP fight is barley over a million....not close to 75 million.

nice try tho

It was 56 million, way below than they thought

Joe Rogan's podcast...another thread on it

Granted, i’m Sure he’s more in the know than us on sherdog, I really take everything Rogan spews out with a grain of salt. He’s an idiot.

If GSP knocks out BIsping, the UFC will be extremely happy.

I think that was more to do with ticket prices. The fight sold loads around the world tho. There were guys in my barber who never watch mma or boxing that were talking about buying it.

lol yah obviously.
its the same case here.
If the ticket price were cheap for this event they would sell out in minutes.

too lazy to check but whats your average seat going for?

If Gsp is good for his usual 800k plus whatever JJ and Cody add is it still a win if the place is half empty?

Conor sucked all the air out of UFC. They sold legitimacy for short term gains and HC fans said fuck this. I have not spent a dime on UFC since Conman stepped over Khabib even cancelled my years of FP after bisping's #13 contender fight.. Guys like Ovverpressure long before that.

Good. This 185 title match is a joke. Hope Bisping injures himself before the fight

Back