UFC 214 - still haven't watched Maia/Woodley

BALLERSTATUSMCG

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was out of town last weekend so I resorted to reading updates on the JJ/DC fight in the forum and watched lawler/cerrone as well as JJ/DC the next day

but I still haven't watched the woodley/maia lol... I don't think I ever will?

Whats that mean? Is the division dead with woodley as champ?

Woodley is a safe fighter , he does what he has to in order to win at the angst of most of the fans and Dana White , not the most entertaining thing to watch but I can't fault him for winning .

Do yourself a favor TS, and DON'T.

It's 25 minutes of your life you can never get back.

It's a very boring fight. Feel free to watch the first round with the knowledge that Maia doesn't ever get the take down and Woodley doesn't really do too much at any point then fast forward to the part where the crowd's waving their cell phones around, then cut to the post-fight interview where Tyron justifies why he fought beyond cautious to one of the more sustained boo-ings I've ever heard a fighter receive. Do this and save yourself around 20 minutes of the precious gift of human life that you can never get back.

No point in watching it. Just watch some highlights.

As much hate as Woodley is catching, surely the majority of the blame for being a one dimensional fight is that maia went for takedown after takedown and wasn't getting anywhere with it but still kept taking this approach.

I actually respect Woodley more and more each fight. This is mma, if one guy is great at bjj, don't let him use it. Simple.

Forget waterboarding, this fight could legit be used to obtain information from captured terrorists. Just show the whole thing to them on a loop and they'll be singing like birds. It might not even take more than one viewing. I'm completely serious.

Back