UFC 209 Main Card Announced

The card for the pay-per-view portion of the show is as follows, just revealed on TV tonight.

Tyron Woodley (C) vs. Stephen Thompson (Welterweight Title Fight Rematch Main Event)

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson (Interim Lightweight Title Fight Co-Main Event)

Rashad Evans vs. Daniel Kelly

Lando Vannata vs. David Teymur

Alistair Overeem vs. Mark Hunt

Mark Hunt and Overeem in the opener... Dispicable.

<{clintugh}>
They always start the PPV with the 3rd best fight on the card.

Full camp Lando should open the show. I bet Tony wants to be as far from FCL as possible too.

Full camp Lando should open the show. I bet Tony wants to be as far from FCL as possible too.
That's a great fight to open the show with. A nice, fast sounding fight with a top prospect and a good chance of something happening to get the fans going.

What a let down, a 209 card and no black t-shirts.
I disappoint

Hrmm decent card. I am still boycotting it because Woodley thinks im racist.

Is that the correct order? I know sometimes cards get released but they're not in their exact order. UFC 200's fight order was moved around a few times before Jones pulled out.

?

lando should have been the main event, but whatever

but rashad in third is a f ucking joke. he should have been the opener

What business does Rashad vs David Kelly have being above Reem and Hunto?
Evans is a Tuf winner, and former UFC champion. Randoms probably more apt to know him over Overeem or Hunt, who have put their best work in over seas. Just a hunch though. Both of them lost badly last time out as well, probably dosen't help their scheduling.

Ive noticed UFC is using wrestling/entertainment style booking lately. For casual viewers.
Exciting opener that used to be positioned later in the card in order to get viewers invested. Reem v Hunt

Showcase potential highlight finish fight. Hopefully quick and exciting. Wrestling would have a cruiserweight match here it's Lando.

No offence to Evans v Kelly but their last few fights wouldn't appeal to casuals so this is the 'toilet break' cool down fight.

Then the crowd/viewer is rested and ready for the main events

tumblr_lx36y54REf1qjkf6jo1_500.jpg

2045723576_Mark_Hunt.jpg
I said UFC bruh

I said UFC bruh
Those ain't paperweights.

TUF championship compared to Strikeforce, Dream or K1 championships isn't even a l comparison. Dude fought Brad Imes in the finale ffs... UFC belt is major, but he didn't even defend.

Back