UFC 137 Performance of the night?

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
SO many good finishes I can't keep up with them all.

But I'mma have to go with

Elizeu "Capoeira" Dos Antos brings the violence every single time.

Who was the most impressive fighter tonight to you?

Hard to choose. I wish there were more bonuses given out. Maybe some smaller ones because doesn’t Brazilian Cowboy deserve some dollars?

Hard to choose. I wish there were more bonuses given out. Maybe some smaller ones because doesn’t Brazilian Cowboy deserve some dollars?

He ALWAYS earns that post-fight bonus.

Dude is pure entertainment.

I'd rather not give a bonus to a guy who fought UFC debutante who came in on short notice.

I'd be fine if they just forgo the "Fight of the Night" bonus and hand out 4 "Performances of the Night" for Zaleski, Lil Nog, Alex Oliveira, and Serginho.

<6>
That flying knee was savage af

Trinaldos perfectly timed knee to the body ,was a thing of beauty as well

That flying knee deserves a bonus.

WMMA is 99% trash. The fights tonight didn't hit the 1%.

Trinaldos knee could get a bonus and I wouldn't complain.

FOTN has a couple candidates but I would give it to Santos/Anders.

Performance of the night doesn’t exist yet, but I think Nick Diaz should get it.

A pretty shit card overall

A pretty shit card overall

giphy.gif

UFC 137 was shit bro.

You must have missed a good portion of this years cards to say that.

Compared to many of the feces mountains of 2018, this card was a keeper, overall.

Santos was pretty much on par,I was impressed (or relieved) with him because he looked like shit in his last fight vs Kevin Holland.He carried the weight well for a former 170'er (not that he ever belonged at ww).For sure an impressive win since he took so many shots and it was just a nutty fight.

Cowboy was impressive with how fast he took him out but I was saying in the discussion thread,his opponent doesn't even belong in the UFC,so it was impressive but expected,just not that fast.

Lil Nog didn't look great but everything considered it was very impressive,especially his killer instinct.Coulda been Alvey doing that in the 1st and he rocked Nog bad and then just stared at him like an idiot.

Seen a bunch of Ewell's fights so I knew he was about that good,it was more Barao just looking horrible,but impressive nonetheless.

Markos maybe gets my idiot of the night award.It's just baffling to me,she comes from a wrestling background has never heard of a single or a double?I was very impressed with Marina's cardio,grit and how tenacious she was.She needs to fill out a tiny bit more imo.Awesome debut for her.

Giagos was pretty impressive,but he's been looking good in ACB and RFA or whatever it is was before they combined it,so I expected him to look better than his last UFC run (not result wise).Do Bronx's wrestling was so on point vs guys like Will Brooks etc. but he looked a little all over the place tonight,not too impressed compared to what I expected.

Trinaldo's knee was ridiculous and set it up.Just sick.Dunham was hanging,obviously losing but it was competitive.As expected here with both minus that really impressive knee.

Spann and Henrique are now allowed to call time to get Ephedrine injections and Redbull's at any time.I seen Spann with pretty damn good cardio before...Back to 185 or something?That was pathetic.

Sakai was ok.Tbh I thought he would have improved a lot by now,but he's kinda the same fighter from 5.5 years ago.

Was that even Sergio Moraes?It was so weird...he was grappling and stuff though?Nah,he looked awesome,such a cool technical domination.

Silva girl looked ok...Nothing too impressive in that one.

Leites Lombard was pretty normal.I was impressed with Leites toughness and finishing strong despite the baseball on his knee,having one foot out the door already and being dead tired.It was a warriors performance.

Zaleski had more problems than I expected and it was weird his defense to the RNC.Awesome finish but a finish itself was totally expected against a very short notice LW that hasn't fought anyone at all.I watched his fights,even the decent record guys were shit.Hell,I was more impressed with that kid when i'm comparing what I expected.

No disrespect but I have never picked Chambers to win in 6 years of picking her fights and she was getting smoked till she caught Curran in the 3rd.She has no business in the UFC,never did.Back to Invicta 105.Souza round 1 seemed like a no brainer so it's hard to be impressed with Souza but the speed in which she took her out was pretty impressive.

I guess Andre Ewell or Thiago Santos.

Santos was pretty much on par,I was impressed (or relieved) with him because he looked like shit in his last fight vs Kevin Holland.He carried the weight well for a former 170'er (not that he ever belonged at ww).For sure an impressive win since he took so many shots and it was just a nutty fight.

Cowboy was impressive with how fast he took him out but I was saying in the discussion thread,his opponent doesn't even belong in the UFC,so it was impressive but expected,just not that fast.

Lil Nog didn't look great but everything considered it was very impressive,especially his killer instinct.Coulda been Alvey doing that in the 1st and he rocked Nog bad and then just stared at him like an idiot.

Seen a bunch of Ewell's fights so I knew he was about that good,it was more Barao just looking horrible,but impressive nonetheless.

Markos maybe gets my idiot of the night award.It's just baffling to me,she comes from a wrestling background has never heard of a single or a double?I was very impressed with Marina's cardio,grit and how tenacious she was.She needs to fill out a tiny bit more imo.Awesome debut for her.

Giagos was pretty impressive,but he's been looking good in ACB and RFA or whatever it is was before they combined it,so I expected him to look better than his last UFC run (not result wise).Do Bronx's wrestling was so on point vs guys like Will Brooks etc. but he looked a little all over the place tonight,not too impressed compared to what I expected.

Trinaldo's knee was ridiculous and set it up.Just sick.Dunham was hanging,obviously losing but it was competitive.As expected here with both minus that really impressive knee.

Spann and Henrique are now allowed to call time to get Ephedrine injections and Redbull's at any time.I seen Spann with pretty damn good cardio before...Back to 185 or something?That was pathetic.

Sakai was ok.Tbh I thought he would have improved a lot by now,but he's kinda the same fighter from 5.5 years ago.

Was that even Sergio Moraes?It was so weird...he was grappling and stuff though?Nah,he looked awesome,such a cool technical domination.

Silva girl looked ok...Nothing too impressive in that one.

Leites Lombard was pretty normal.I was impressed with Leites toughness and finishing strong despite the baseball on his knee,having one foot out the door already and being dead tired.It was a warriors performance.

Zaleski had more problems than I expected and it was weird his defense to the RNC.Awesome finish but a finish itself was totally expected against a very short notice LW that hasn't fought anyone at all.I watched his fights,even the decent record guys were shit.Hell,I was more impressed with that kid when i'm comparing what I expected.

No disrespect but I have never picked Chambers to win in 6 years of picking her fights and she was getting smoked till she caught Curran in the 3rd.She has no business in the UFC,never did.Back to Invicta 105.Souza round 1 seemed like a no brainer so it's hard to be impressed with Souza but the speed in which she took her out was pretty impressive.

I guess Andre Ewell or Thiago Santos.

Very nice, detailed breakdown brother.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to chime in here. I appreciate it.

Absolutely,but with how often he fights,gets fights and not really even being in a fight,he could fight again next week lol and he probably will fight again soon.Kinda like a bonus.

I'd be fine if they just forgo the "Fight of the Night" bonus and hand out 4 "Performances of the Night" for Zaleski, Lil Nog, Alex Oliveira, and Serginho.

But they do do that quite often.If a fight really deserves it then they get it,and that fight really deserved it imo.They went to war.I want to see extra 10 or 20K awards handed out.Problem solved.

that flying knee.. trinaldos knee.. bootleg cowboy .. all deserve some extra cheddar and not some movie passes from wme..

Back