UFC 100 Lesnar vs. Today's Stipe Miocic

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Who would win, how, and why would they be able to nullify the other guy's offense?

It's roughly even. Lesnar was a much better athlete but Miocic has more training and has excellent head movement to avoid punches - something that isn't Lesnar's strong point. If Miocic kept it standing, he'd win.

If it went to the ground, Lesnar's superior wrestling, massive size, and strength would give him the advantage of Miocic who is about 35 pounds lighter.

Stipe obliterates him.

It's mind boggling that there are people who still drink the Lesnar kool-aid after seeing what Cain did to him.

Lesnar would get KTFO and couldnt take Stipe down. Like Cain fight but faster.

Stipe obliterates him.

It's mind boggling that there are people who still drink the Lesnar kool-aid after seeing what Cain did to him.

Yes. Stipe would do somewhat exactly what Cain did to Brock, or at least that's how I remember it: Brock got Cain down, but Cain got up pretty quickly, and simply caught and obliterated Brock with punches, cuz Brock didn't react well to getting punched. Brock might be able to bull rush Stipe from the get go, but Stipe would get up (he's no slouch when it comes to wrestling), and he would catch Brock standing.

Lesnar basically relies on taking people down and using his strength. And even that didn't work with a MUCH smaller Cain.

Also... he is really overrated imo... defeating Randy and Mir is not that impressive imo. Hunt was just too slow to avoid the takedown. Besides that if the ref stopped the Carwin fight in the first round no one would've complained. And then there is the ped issue... i'm pretty sure Brock never fought clean.. ever.

And last but not least, Stipe is really underrated at the same time. He wil defeat Brock 9/10 times imo. Should be a HUGE favorite.

Yes. Stipe would do somewhat exactly what Cain did to Brock, or at least that's how I remember it: Brock got Cain down, but Cain got up pretty quickly, and simply caught and obliterated Brock with punches, cuz Brock didn't react well to getting punched. Brock might be able to bull rush Stipe from the get go, but Stipe would get up (he's no slouch when it comes to wrestling), and he would catch Brock standing.

Exactly. Brock is a pretty strong man and a pretty good wrestler, so him taking you down at some point shouldn't come off as a surprise. However...if he's fighting a wrestler who doesn't stay on his back and go for submissions, who knows how to get up and who is more competent than him on the feet - he is in trouble. Had he fought a younger Randy Couture - he would have suffered the same fate.

By the way, I disagree that beating Mir and Couture isn't that impressive. That might be the case when we're talking about some decorated MMA fighter, but Brock was a collegiate wrestler who had made an overnight transition into MMA and managed to beat some pretty good professional MMA fighters. People have no idea how difficult that is.

Last edited:
I'm a Brock fan but if somebody had to surpas the record of two consecutive title defenses which he ws tied for, I'm glad Stipe broke the record.

Brock might have a chance of a early takedown and GnP blitz but most likely Stipe wears him down and probably TKOs him.

If Stipe can avoid the TD/GnP or scramble back to his feet if he does get taken down then it's Stipe's fight to lose. Now Brock vs Ngannou, Laser turns him into a stain on the mat.

Lesnar would be facing a vastly superior striker whose harder to take down than anyone else he's ever faced sans Cain and can work offensively and maintain good position even if he is taken down. That spells at least as much of a burial as Cain vs Brock was. Again, in terms of depth of gene pools Lesnar is the trenches of the Pacific Ocean; the guy won the genetic megamillion powerball in terms of physical gifts. As an MMA fighter he fell into an excessive overreliance on this along with his admittedly elite grappling skills to get him where he did. Against someone whose striking is lightyears ahead and a highly effective MMA wrestler and submission fighter as well his lack of a full MMA game and aversion to getting hit regularly would wreck him.

At this point Stipe would be a painful matchup even for Cain at his peak. He'd have no fear of being taken to the ground or outworked in the clinch the way Dos Santos did. He's now getting to be at least as good of an MMA striker as Dos Santos and is becoming a master at using the TD threat to make his striking more dangerous; that's something that's apparent even when he's not actually shooting for TDs. He has a legitimate chance of eventually overtaking Fedor as the best HW fighter to ever compete if continues to develop at the rate he has.

Lol at the idea ufc 100 brock is different to the brock cain raped
Or that hed beat stipe.

Lol at the idea ufc 100 brock is different to the brock cain raped
Or that hed beat stipe.
There was only 1 person who could stop Brock's blast double - Ubereem.
There was only 1 person who could get up from under Brock - Cain.
Stipe is good but I don't think he could do either of those things.

There was only 1 person who could stop Brock's blast double - Ubereem.
There was only 1 person who could get up from under Brock - Cain.
Stipe is good but I don't think he could do either of hose things.
Id say he could do both with relative ease

Also rd1 carwin shrugged off brocks takedown attempt like it was his lil sister messing around
Being a man of equalish size with a wrestling background is why ....so hes like stipe except stipe can go for 5 rounds !

Edit just realised mir almost did as well in their rematch
Stops the takedown and they run into the fence....the mir has a brain fart and goes for a sorta flying knee and gives lesnar an opp to pound his glass jaw

Lol at the question and double lol if really anyone thinks Lesnar has a chance against Stipe

If I remember correctly, Lesnar doesn't like to get punched in the face, so I would say Miocic wins.

Brock easily. Brock with a fully functioning intestine is the HW GOAT.

People can say all they want about his chin but he took unt and carwin's best shots. If would have destroyed Ngannou on the weekend. At least he would have gone for the win unlike 'play it safe because I'm a pussy' Stipe.

Back