Economy U.S. economy has already seen 75% of the impact from Fed’s hikes, IMF says

I think your solutions are fine and that they are also not in contradiction to what I have said but they also are not as far reaching or is diverse or creative as what I have said, or love based.... I don't see anything you've written here in contradiction to what I've written, just that it's a smaller picture.

I never meant to imply that letting people live in your backyard was an answer either... Nor do I think multiple family dwellings are the only answer. It was an example that money should not be what's driving us in this world and that success should not be measured by that and that we're so sick and perverted in our culture that money driving us makes our world very small in the solutions we can come up with and our thinking is very tiny and limited. I was making the point that I live in the neighborhood I live in because I don't make decisions based on getting more money. I make decisions based on helping human beings instead and it's better.

I've read articles where developers lobby against tiny homes and aircreet homes and all kinds of other solutions. They do this because there's less profit to be made in some of those solutions. So I'm not saying the organization you brought up isn't a part of it. But I know for a fact developers are underhanded dirty greedy sons of b****** and that all kinds of backroom deals are made that aren't better for the people starting with public lands being sold off cheap to developers so that everybody's wheels get greased.

Developers don't look at a population and say how can we serve this population the best that we can? Developers sit down and say we have this much land a available to us. How can we maximize the absolute most profit that we can out of this development plan? That's wrong.

And you didn't address my point about percentages of homes that corporations are buying. You just restated that it was a small percentage again. But that's not a reply to what I said. What I said was every single home that they buy is a problem and does hurt a family or a person..... I have a really hard time relating to your answer because it's really what I replied to stated again with no differences or distinctions. It is an absolute fact that every single home bought by corporations for that purpose and rented out is a home that someone was trying to get into and was passed over because the corporation has all that money power behind them and are preferred. I just can't relate to saying that doesn't matter because it's a small percentage. Add to that the list of foreign investors doing the same thing.... Why not name how many homes have been bought like that and then think about all those families that it has affected? A property bought by a corporation to rent out is a home that can't be bought by a human being to live in and build wealth in.

I don't have the numbers in front of me but breaking points did a couple segments about this over the last 2 years and the numbers were not small, it is significant and it is hurting real people in real time.

But anyway the main point I'm making is that we can talk all we want about how the economy is great and that's fine. It is looking better. I don't see any reason to deny that but no one should breathe ancollective sigh of relief when we have this other massive problem going on. That is quite serious and we should be talking about that.

I think the reason I got attacked above and labeled as a Republican is because I called Democrats out on wanting to really push the narrative that everything's all better now because of Joe Biden in order to win an upcoming election. This happens every election cycle. It's like a poison and a cancer. And I just can't be motivated by petty things like that. I think we should be talking about the problems that are really hurting people and working to solve them because those people really matter. But Democrats are stepping in line in order to cheer for their president and I get it. I like Joe Biden. I'm going to vote for him. That isn't the point. We can't let partisan things like that get in the way of really discussing issues that hurt real people.
The broader problem with all this is the rightist need to find someone to blame as opposed to understanding and thinking in terms of systems.

Reminds me of a scene from The Grapes of Wrath:

"I built it with my hands. Straightened old nails to put the sheathing on. Rafters are wired to the stringers with bailing wire. It's mine. I built it. You bump it down — I'll be in the window with a rifle. You even come to close and I'll pot you like a rabbit."

"It's not me. There's nothing I can do. I'll lose my job if I don't do it. And look — suppose you kill me? They'll just hang you, but long before your hung there will be another guy on the tractor, and he'll bump the house down. You're not killing the right guy."

"That's so," the tenant said. "Who gave you orders? I'll go after him. He's the one to kill."

"You're wrong. He got his orders from the bank. The bank told them: "Clear those people out or it's your job."

"Well, there's a president of the bank. There's a Board of Directors. I'll fill up the magazine of the rifle and go into the bank."

The driver said: "Fellow was telling me the bank gets orders from the East. The orders were: "Make the land show profit or we'll close you up."

"But where does it stop? Who can we shoot? I don't aim to starve to death before I kill the man that's starving me."

"I don't know. Maybe there's nobody to shoot. Maybe the thing isn't man at all. Maybe, like you said, the property's doing it. Anyway I told you my orders."

If there's anyone to blame, it's NIMBYs. But even that is pretty indirect (why does the system give them so much power, which ones, etc.).

Back