News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk rescheduled for May 18 in Saudi Arabia

Who wins?

• Total voters
Fury is in camp and looking lean:

82673243-13217853-image-m-31_1710923739134.jpg

Still a good way off this fight, and I'm buzzing. I think and hope this a fight for the ages. I also feel Fury, if he's in shape, does much better than many here think.
Fury does appear to be in good shape. I haven't seen him this fit looking in many years. He's not favored in the poll here but he is with the bookies. Just not by much.

[This version of the second video is slightly longer.]

How's Fury looking, boxing experts? Fury is 35 but Usyk is 37 and obviously relies on his speed more. Will a slimmer, faster Fury with better endurance give Usyk problems?

[This version of the second video is slightly longer.]

How's Fury looking, boxing experts? Fury is 35 but Usyk is 37 and obviously relies on his speed more. Will a slimmer, faster Fury with better endurance give Usyk problems?

As I mentioned in my last post he looks fit and sharp. That said having a live opponent in there that isn't going to just be a stationary target, and who will give you angles, is another matter entirely. Lots of fighters have looked impressive on the pads only to appear pedestrian in the ring in their next fight. Pad & bag work is just that, training.

We've also seen guys that physically look like they're in phenomenal shape but then they gas out in there. This all looks promising for Fury but you can't read too much into it.

As I mentioned in my last post he looks fit and sharp. That said having a live opponent in there that isn't going to just be a stationary target, and who will give you angles, is another matter entirely. Lots of fighters have looked impressive on the pads only to appear pedestrian in the ring in their next fight. Pad & bag work is just that, training.

We've also seen guys that physically look like they're in phenomenal shape but then they gas out in there. This all looks promising for Fury but you can't read too much into it.
Still looks like fat guy on stilts to me.

If those videos are supposed to impress me than Fury is in trouble. I doubt he is in purpose throwing shitty arm punches leaving himself exposed after the right hand and looking like a novice on purpose to not show us the 'real work'. Because even an out of shape rusty old Usyk beats the guy I just saw on the pads. Only some bizarre injury occuring during the fight might stop Usyk from winning. If he is physically okay I can see Usyk pushing for a stoppage in the later rounds.

I am hopeful for a tactical chess match that devolves into a strategic war. Fury better show up in top form because Usyk always does.

Elbows, low blows, headbutts, rabbit punches, so many options. In all seriousness I could see points being taken from him for trying to fight very dirty. He's already had points taken several times in his career.
He does those things to win. I think he’ll go for the NC intentionally so as to say “ well you didn’t beat me” and buy himself some more time.

Elbows, low blows, headbutts, rabbit punches, so many options. In all seriousness I could see points being taken from him for trying to fight very dirty. He's already had points taken several times in his career.

But you have to consider that we seem to have entered a new epoch - I call it the 'who gives a fuck about anything-Jake Paul-PowerSlap-zero win boxers fighting Fury and AJ extravaganza' era - maybe I need to work on the name.

Fury's blatant elbow on Big Frank barely got noticed.

And I know U Fight Cheap is a different sport but it swims in the same filthy regulatory waters as boxing, and did you see the shit that happened on the weekend? A guy eye gouging his opponent literally all fight and then combo eye gouging him for the win? And then celebrating like a hero while the broadcast licked his nuts?

I'm not sure there's any sense of decency left at all. I can see Fury being allowed to get away with it all.

But you have to consider that we seem to have entered a new epoch - I call it the 'who gives a fuck about anything-Jake Paul-PowerSlap-zero win boxers fighting Fury and AJ extravaganza' era - maybe I need to work on the name.

Fury's blatant elbow on Big Frank barely got noticed.

And I know U Fight Cheap is a different sport but it swims in the same filthy regulatory waters as boxing, and did you see the shit that happened on the weekend? A guy eye gouging his opponent literally all fight and then combo eye gouging him for the win? And then celebrating like a hero while the broadcast licked his nuts?

I'm not sure there's any sense of decency left at all. I can see Fury being allowed to get away with it all.
Fury's elbow on Big Frank was indeed largely ignored. Even by many fight fans on both sides. However, I don't think he'll be able to be that blatant in an undisputed title fight against Usyk. We haven't had an undisputed heavyweight champ in over 20 years. It's an important fight, not just for legacy and the health of the division, but for the entire sport (boxing is and has always been a top-down sport).

I could see points being taken from him if he doesn't properly conceal his fouls. He's had points docked against multiple opponents in the past, Klitschko and Wilder just to name two. The fight is also being held in Saudi and Usyk is signed with them. Fury isn't. We'll have to see how it plays out. One thing I do know is that he will resort to dirty tactics. He'll have to in order to win this fight.

Back