Tyson Fury Donates Entire Purse

LOL, that is not necessary. You whole purse will only make a small dent. You better off investing that purse, and then using some of the profits to benefit needy or enact some changes to legislation that can do more to help needy.

Sucks this man got robbed too. I can see a draw but Wilder got the ears boxed off him for the first 6 rounds and that judge gave wilder ALL of those rounds. Damage argument is dumb too but Wilders left eye was merked by the end of the fight.

Tyson Fury you're a good man.

Him and Lennox Lewis are my all time favorite HW boxers.

how can you hate the guy? I forgot the racist brits seem to dislike him for some reason.

how can you hate the guy? I forgot the racist brits seem to dislike him for some reason.

The reasons some people dont like him:
(Other than the fact that he represents a minority group who people generally consider a nuisance)
In 2013, Fury told an interviewer before his first fight at Madison Square Garden that he would "hang" his own sister if she was promiscuous. That same year he was fined £3,000 for calling fellow boxers David Priceand Tony Bellew "gay lovers".[159]

Shortly before winning the world titles in November 2015, Fury publicly argued that performance-enhancing drugs (which he denied taking) should be permitted in boxing and other sports. He said: "Why don't they just make drugs totally legal in sports, then everybody would be taking drugs and then it would be fully fair then, wouldn't it? ... It's none of my concern really, but if the governing bodies want to do that then I think it would be a bit fairer because you've got all them people taking drugs and when you face a man who is not taking drugs it becomes unfair, doesn't it?"[160]

After the world championship fight, he stated that he had been cautioned against potential cheating tactics by the Klitschko camp, of which he provided no evidence, and he would not even drink water in the locker room post-fight because of fears that he would be drugged.[161] The British Boxing Board of Control met on 9 December and agreed to summon Fury to explain his recent comments.[162]

In May 2016 the Fury team released a training camp update video which included Fury voicing opposition to transgender people and also to bestiality and rape but suggested they might eventually be legalised, due to the increasing number of formerly taboo practises becoming accepted, and saying: "Everyone just do what you can, listen to the government follow everybody like sheep, be brainwashed by all the Zionist, Jewish people who own all the banks, all the papers all the TV stations. Be brainwashed by them all."[163][164] Jonathan Sacerdoti of the Campaign Against Antisemitism called for Fury to be barred from the sport after what he called his "offensive and racist" remarks. The group made a complaint to the British Boxing Board of Control.[164][165] Responding on Twitter to the controversy, Fury wrote that "all the Zionist media outlets are on my back, because I speak the truth!" and blamed Jews for killing Jesus.[166]

Fury subsequently apologised, saying: "I apologise to anyone who may have taken offence at any of my comments. I said some things, which may have hurt some people, which as a Christian man is not something I would ever want to do. Though it is not an excuse, sometimes the heightened media scrutiny has caused me to act out in public. I mean no harm or disrespect to anyone and I know more is expected of me as an ambassador of British boxing and I promise in future to hold myself up to the highest possible standard. Anyone who knows me personally knows that I am in no way a racist or bigot and I hope the public accept my apology."[167]

2015 BBC SPotY award nomination
After winning the world titles he was nominated for the Sports Personality of the Year shortlist, but attracted significant criticism in the media relating to statements he had made which his critics called "sexist and homophobic". His nomination ignited a lingering controversy which began even before the Klitschko fight, when Fury seemingly likened homosexuality to paedophilia when he said: "There are only three things that need to be accomplished before the Devil comes home. One of them is homosexuality being legal in countries, one of them is abortion and the other is paedophilia. So who would have thought in the 50s and early 60s that those first two would be legalised. … For me, people can say 'oh, you're against homosexuality, you're against abortions, you're against whatever' but my faith and my culture is all based on the Bible. The Bible was written a long time ago, wasn't it, from the beginning of time until now so if I follow that and that tells me it's wrong, then it's wrong for me."[168][169] Later, over 138,000 people signed an online petition on the American-website Change.org, with the originator saying that what they saw as his "homophobic and sexist views" on societal ethics made him an "unsuitable recipient" for the award.[170] Asked directly if he was homophobic, Fury said: "No. Definitely not. I wouldn't be a very good Christian if I hated anybody. If Jesus loves the world, I love the world."[171]

Fury also stated that Olympic and world champion heptathlete, Jessica Ennis-Hill, a fellow contender for the BBC award, "slaps up good" and that she "looks quite fit in a dress."[172] Fury responded to the controversy by denying he was homophobic and telling iFL TV that his critics could "suck my balls" – and labelled those who signed the petition as "50,000 wankers".[173]

Believe it or not, i distinctly remember watching his professional debut live on ITV, because it was on the undercard of a big fight between Carl Froch and Jean Pascal.

Its not every day you see such a big guy with a name like Tyson Fury.
I wasn't impressed at all...he has come a long, long, long way.

(Other than the fact that he represents a minority group who people generally consider a nuisance)
In 2013, Fury told an interviewer before his first fight at Madison Square Garden that he would "hang" his own sister if she was promiscuous. That same year he was fined £3,000 for calling fellow boxers David Priceand Tony Bellew "gay lovers".[159]

Shortly before winning the world titles in November 2015, Fury publicly argued that performance-enhancing drugs (which he denied taking) should be permitted in boxing and other sports. He said: "Why don't they just make drugs totally legal in sports, then everybody would be taking drugs and then it would be fully fair then, wouldn't it? ... It's none of my concern really, but if the governing bodies want to do that then I think it would be a bit fairer because you've got all them people taking drugs and when you face a man who is not taking drugs it becomes unfair, doesn't it?"[160]

After the world championship fight, he stated that he had been cautioned against potential cheating tactics by the Klitschko camp, of which he provided no evidence, and he would not even drink water in the locker room post-fight because of fears that he would be drugged.[161] The British Boxing Board of Control met on 9 December and agreed to summon Fury to explain his recent comments.[162]

In May 2016 the Fury team released a training camp update video which included Fury voicing opposition to transgender people and also to bestiality and rape but suggested they might eventually be legalised, due to the increasing number of formerly taboo practises becoming accepted, and saying: "Everyone just do what you can, listen to the government follow everybody like sheep, be brainwashed by all the Zionist, Jewish people who own all the banks, all the papers all the TV stations. Be brainwashed by them all."[163][164] Jonathan Sacerdoti of the Campaign Against Antisemitism called for Fury to be barred from the sport after what he called his "offensive and racist" remarks. The group made a complaint to the British Boxing Board of Control.[164][165] Responding on Twitter to the controversy, Fury wrote that "all the Zionist media outlets are on my back, because I speak the truth!" and blamed Jews for killing Jesus.[166]

Fury subsequently apologised, saying: "I apologise to anyone who may have taken offence at any of my comments. I said some things, which may have hurt some people, which as a Christian man is not something I would ever want to do. Though it is not an excuse, sometimes the heightened media scrutiny has caused me to act out in public. I mean no harm or disrespect to anyone and I know more is expected of me as an ambassador of British boxing and I promise in future to hold myself up to the highest possible standard. Anyone who knows me personally knows that I am in no way a racist or bigot and I hope the public accept my apology."[167]

After winning the world titles he was nominated for the Sports Personality of the Year shortlist, but attracted significant criticism in the media relating to statements he had made which his critics called "sexist and homophobic". His nomination ignited a lingering controversy which began even before the Klitschko fight, when Fury seemingly likened homosexuality to paedophilia when he said: "There are only three things that need to be accomplished before the Devil comes home. One of them is homosexuality being legal in countries, one of them is abortion and the other is paedophilia. So who would have thought in the 50s and early 60s that those first two would be legalised. … For me, people can say 'oh, you're against homosexuality, you're against abortions, you're against whatever' but my faith and my culture is all based on the Bible. The Bible was written a long time ago, wasn't it, from the beginning of time until now so if I follow that and that tells me it's wrong, then it's wrong for me."[168][169] Later, over 138,000 people signed an online petition on the American-website Change.org, with the originator saying that what they saw as his "homophobic and sexist views" on societal ethics made him an "unsuitable recipient" for the award.[170] Asked directly if he was homophobic, Fury said: "No. Definitely not. I wouldn't be a very good Christian if I hated anybody. If Jesus loves the world, I love the world."[171]

Fury also stated that Olympic and world champion heptathlete, Jessica Ennis-Hill, a fellow contender for the BBC award, "slaps up good" and that she "looks quite fit in a dress."[172] Fury responded to the controversy by denying he was homophobic and telling iFL TV that his critics could "suck my balls" – and labelled those who signed the petition as "50,000 wankers".[173]
lol sounds pretty funny to me reminds me of that other tyson guy.

lol half of that is hilarious and the steroids post doesn't mean he thinks steroids are right he just thinks it lessens the advantage of cheating via steroids.

lol half of that is hilarious and the steroids post doesn't mean he thinks steroids are right he just thinks it lessens the advantage of cheating via steroids.
Agree.
It was the homophobic, transphobic, pro-life, anti-semitic comments that offended the more sensitive members of the British public.

Also the BBC is a network controlled by homosexuals which is why there was an issue with his nomination.

This world is a strange place. People are actually finding faults with a man donating millions of dollars to charity. This world really is addicted to outrage

This world is a strange place. People are actually finding faults with a man donating millions of dollars to charity. This world really is addicted to outrage

A lot of people are just miserable, vindictive bastards who just wish their misery on all and everything around them.
Back in the days these fucks would just live lonely, shitty lives, but now they have phones and internet to spread their (self)hate.

A good man.

If it were Conor fans they would brag about him making that money since they that's all the have now that his career is headed off a cliff.

Fury is the true king of Irish fighters.

I wonder why they have never posed standing next to eachother yet<{Heymansnicker}>

Conor is much more famous, but Fury is the real Fighting Irish man. He's a fighting man for sure!

I have been a fan of Fury ever since he dethroned Klitschko.

I have been a fan since he first beat Chisora.

I didn't pick him to beat Wlad, but I said he would run him close and that people are underestimating Fury skills. I was laughed at, but after the second Chisora fight and the hammer fight, I knew Tyson had immense ability.

Fury is a super nice guy. I think what a lot of people don't realize is he still banked about 10.5 million on PPV points outside of his fight purse. Still giving away nearly half of his total earnings for the fight is crazy generous.

That's nothing compared to the PPV revenu. I bet he won't donate that.

It is actually close, he made 10.5 million from the PPV points but still giving away 8 million of 18.5 million is really generous.

It is actually close, he made 10.5 million from the PPV points but still giving away 8 million of 18.5 million is really generous.

Yeah it is, I thought he would make ALOT more off PPV. Tyson lives a real gypsy lifestyle though so I guess it makes sense.

deontay-mask.jpg

Agree.
It was the homophobic, transphobic, pro-life, anti-semitic comments that offended the more sensitive members of the British public.

Also the BBC is a network controlled by homosexuals which is why there was an issue with his nomination.

Thanks for that breakdown of the controversial stuff he has said. I wonder how much of it he would still say after his issues with depression and how he's dealt with it and changed as a person.

Yeah it is, I thought he would make ALOT more off PPV. Tyson lives a real gypsy lifestyle though so I guess it makes sense.

I'm sure in his next fights he's going to make a lot more. His popularity should skyrocket from his performance on Saturday.

Back