Twitch Becomes Safe Space

So we should be okay with racial terms?

Black men and women are weak if the n-word is dropped on them by another race/person they don't know and they get upset?

"trump 2016" was "hate speech."

also, yes. if people can't handle words, it's their own problem. especially online. sticks and stones, and what not.

also, yes. if people can't handle words, it's their own problem. especially online. sticks and stones, and what not.

Seeing that more and more sites are taking the stance that Twitch has it looks very much as if those how can't act in a civilized manor are the ones that have the problems.

as long as youtube doesn't become a safe space ;)

Seeing that more and more sites are taking the stance that Twitch has it looks very much as if those how can't act in a civilized manor are the ones that have the problems.

agreed 100%

i suspect we're not thinking of the same people, though.

I imagine the people who bitch about stuff like this don't have the balls to say what they feel IRL so they get all pissy when they lose another place to be a keyboard warrior.

I guess autists have to find another place to be autists.

...maybe you should focus on reality instead of your imagination, then?

I never said anything about Trump, I'm talking about calling a person of a different race you don't know a racial term....that's okay to do in your book?

I never said anything about Trump, I'm talking about calling a person of a different race you don't know a racial term....that's okay to do in your book?
white privilege

you won't get abused online randomly

...maybe you should focus on reality instead of your imagination, then?
Nope. These guys who have nothing better to do with their lives then incessantly bitch about feminism and diversity online are little twerps projecting their own self loathing. No way dudes who pay women to play video games for them have any level of spine to say these things to actual people.

It sucks, because I like the other moves they've been making lately. Still, I'd like to see how this is enforced. I have a feeling that it won't really effect me and the people I follow personally. But you never know...

I don't think they're nude. I think it's just very, very healthy women playing games and getting cash from sad dudes. Most of them are probably terrible but I bet a few of them are actually good. The titties are just the icing on the cake. No nipple or anything or they'd get shut down quick. Twitch doesn't play around when it comes to questionable content.

Also, banning hate speech is perfectly fine because it's tired as fuck and people with any modicum of intelligence don't use that kind of language to begin with. It's probably targeted towards alt-right dweebs who get off on dropping Nazi words, the occasional n-bomb or calling women bitches, sluts, rape jokes, etc because they're late 20s men with the mentality of an edgelord 14 year old virgin.
The problem is the potential interpretation and application. If it just targets edgelords it wouldn't bother me. If it also goes after real gamers who get frustrated and say somewhat offensive stuff in the heat of the moment, that would bother me. I see speedrunners who have great communities including female fans, but if they get blocked by a female character, they might scream "move, bitch!" It's not real misogyny or targeting females, it's just a frustrated reaction in the heat of the moment.

Double-edged Sword.

On the one hand, there are some true degenerates who comment on some of these things and post utterly nasty shit, for very little reason.

For example, whilst I generally avoid twitch streams, I like watching Achievement Hunter on occasion as, like Top Gear, watching teams of people do something adds rapport to a video and some good humour (whilst it seems forced and attention-whorish solo), yet people would post some really harsh comments about Lindsay Jones, who to me seems pleasant enough, even if she isn’t that good of a gamer, but quite a few posters seem to utterly loathe her. She gets a lot of shit for what I consider to be very little. Then, you get people who go out of their way to be nasty, posting racist or sexist comments for no reason whatsoever.

On the other hand, with the hysteria and whiny-bitchness of a lot of online idiots, peer pressure and potential media scandals can effectively block a side out of expressing a view.

For example, I believe that transgenderism is a mental illness and should be treated as such, as opposed to being accepted to the idea of life-changing surgery and as far as I’m concerned, mutilation, being encouraged. How many people would classify this as hate speech? Would I be punished, banned or silenced for having a view that goes against the grind of the media and the extreme, vocal supporters? How is that healthy for society and conversation?

Either way, Twitch is a private company and can do what it likes. If people do not like that then they can support another company.

There's a funny video of a guy walking down the street taking recommendations from his viewers. Someone tells him to make fun of some guy, so he does. They get into a little bit of an argument and the bystander nails the streamer in the side of the face. The streamer stops walking and tells the guy "yeah keep walking." Guy immediately turns around and the streamer tucks tail, turns his back and starts walking really fast.

This streaming-generation really sucks. Bunch of unskilled attention whores. Whore is the perfect word for what a lot of them do. They're just selling themselves for other peoples entertainment; something literally anyone can do. Like selling their body for sex.
Some of the IRL streamers are garbage and attention whores. Some of them have interesting content, like travel channels, or cooking, or whatever.

i dont know man, you expressed some retarded statements on people who dont endorse hate speech
Do you just go around assuming everything like a retard?
Per example, just using the term "retarded" or "retard" could be regarded as "hate speech". I've seen little to no actual hate speech on Twitch, so it will be interesting to see what these new guidelines actually mean...

"Hate speech is speech which attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or gender"

yup sounds like you know the definition

what can i say, i actually dont live in my moms basement like you ops sorry im assuming again you must be swimming in pussy dawg
Notice how disability is in the definition you cited? You literally just committed hate speech yourself by saying he was "retarded". Your "pussy" reference could also be considered sexist.

Notice how disability is in the definition you cited? You literally just committed hate speech yourself by saying he was "retarded". Your "pussy" reference could also be considered sexist.
i definetly could see these rules abused but i dont share the hyperbolic statements said earlier that this is equal to extreme censorship and supporting policestates

So we should be okay with racial terms?

Black men and women are weak if the n-word is dropped on them by another race/person they don't know and they get upset?
Nah I dont care for racists or racist terms but at the end of the day its just words. I'm a fan of free speech even if its something ugly and not something I agree with. However, its still free speech and you shouldnt be mentally weak. Also, how do you know I'm not black lmfao?

Last edited:
i definetly could see these rules abused but i dont share the hyperbolic statements said earlier that this is equal to extreme censorship and supporting policestates
Fair enough.

Back