Television TV Show Thread

Evil is a spooky fucking show with a great cast. A paramount show with the first few seasons on Netflix now, totally worth a watch if you like Demonic possession, psychos and crazy evil mofos. A truly diverse cast that doesn't feel forced or woke. Michael Emerson from Lost fame is a baddie again and he does it well. Mike Colter (Luke Cage) is a priest in training that investigates Demon shit for the church with the help of skeptic psychologist Kristen, and tech skeptic Ben. Some truly great writing and scares.

Evil is a spooky fucking show with a great cast. A paramount show with the first few seasons on Netflix now, totally worth a watch if you like Demonic possession, psychos and crazy evil mofos. A truly diverse cast that doesn't feel forced or woke. Michael Emerson from Lost fame is a baddie again and he does it well. Mike Colter (Luke Cage) is a priest in training that investigates Demon shit for the church with the help of skeptic psychologist Kristen, and tech skeptic Ben. Some truly great writing and scares.

Yep, Evil is a great show! The next season was delayed due to the writer's strike, but I have been checking up on it and I believe they finally started filming again. The show is a lot of fun.

I have been watching Archive 81 on Netflix, which is in a similar lane to Evil. I am only 3 episodes in, but it is pretty good so far.

For some reason I fell into watching Dead Boys detective Agency, and I gotta say I am torn on it I like it or not. The characters are interesting, the stories are kinda fun (the haunted house episode was fucking brutal), but something seems to just off enough about the show that I can't say I am all in. Gonna polish off the rest of the season, and then give a final verdict.

My review: Too gay for Sherdog.

Nicolas Cage to Star in Live-Action Spider-Man Series NOIR for Sony and Amazon

Nicolas-Cage-Spider-Man-Noir-Header.jpg

Nicolas Cage is putting on the Spidey suit for Amazon. Amazon, ahead of its first upfront presentation Tuesday, announced that it is moving forward with Noir, a live-action series based on the Marvel comic Spider-Man Noir.

Cage will star in the series, which was first put in development more than a year ago at the streamer. Noir revolves around an aging and down on his luck private investigator (Cage) in 1930s New York, who is forced to grapple with his past life as the city’s one and only superhero.

The series is produced by Sony Pictures Television and Amazon MGM Studios. Noir is part of the larger Marvel universe that Amazon is assembling, with the streamer already working on Silk: Spider Society with The Walking Dead alum Angela Kang.

Chris Miller and Phil Lord, the producers of Sony’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse animated movies, are overseeing Amazon’s Marvel franchise. The duo first brought the Spider-Man Noir character to screens with Spider-Verse and will exec produce Noir alongside showrunners Oren Uziel (22 Jump Street) and Steve Lightfoot (Netflix’s Marvel show, Punisher). Amy Pascal, who has a hand in all of Sony’s Spider-Man adaptations, will also be credited as an exec producer.

“Expanding the Marvel universe with Noir is a uniquely special opportunity and we are honored to bring this series to our global Prime Video customers,” said Vernon Sanders, head of television at Amazon MGM Studios. “The extremely talented Nicolas Cage is an ideal choice for our new superhero and the accomplished producing team with Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, Amy Pascal and the incredible team at Sony is dedicated to expanding this franchise in the most authentic way.”

Like Silk, Noir will first debut on MGM+ — the premium cable network formerly known as Epix that is now owned by Amazon — before both shows debut on the streamer.

“We are absolutely thrilled to have Nicolas Cage starring in this series! No one else could bring such pathos, pain and heart to this singular character. Along with our brilliant producers and partners at Amazon MGM Studios and Prime Video, we couldn’t ask for a better team to explore this reimagining of such an iconic character in Sony’s Universe of Marvel Characters,” said Katherine Pope, president of Sony Pictures Television Studios.

Yep, Evil is a great show! The next season was delayed due to the writer's strike, but I have been checking up on it and I believe they finally started filming again. The show is a lot of fun.

I have been watching Archive 81 on Netflix, which is in a similar lane to Evil. I am only 3 episodes in, but it is pretty good so far.
Archive 81 got cancelled after 1 season. I LOVED it but may have been too dark for mainstream success. I love this type of stuff...I was hoping American Horror Story was going to give us this type of stuff, but really only the first few seasons did.

First Teaser Trailer for DUNE: PROPHECY; Coming This Fall on Max

10,000 years before the birth of Paul Atreides, before the universe knew them as the Bene Gesserit... The new Max Original Series Dune: Prophecy is streaming this fall on Max.

Thought this was worth posting because pics of his stuntman have been going around, and said to be Liam Hensworth, and they looked horrible.

These actual pics of Liam as Geralt look... okay.

Not horrible, but... well not looking good either when Henry Cavill is the standard.

Thought this was worth posting because pics of his stuntman have been going around, and said to be Liam Hensworth, and they looked horrible.

These actual pics of Liam as Geralt look... okay.

Not horrible, but... well not looking good either when Henry Cavill is the standard.

Bro needs to fire his agent. They tied him to the mast of a sinking ship, and then Netflix torpedoed the chance for it to evolve before the guy even got a chance to show how bad this is going to be.
To have your show canceled before a single episode of you in it comes out is crazy. He looks fine in that picture, but following Cavill is a fate no man should want.

First Teaser Trailer for DUNE: PROPHECY; Coming This Fall on Max

10,000 years before the birth of Paul Atreides, before the universe knew them as the Bene Gesserit... The new Max Original Series Dune: Prophecy is streaming this fall on Max.

I think I will need to do some research on how to watch Max shows without a max sub. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm never going to rewatch that show, again! <{cruzshake}>
Are you being sarcastic in as much as you've already rewatched it, i.e. already seen it twice at least, or are you just being redundant for the laughs?

No offense intended; Captain Pedantic requests an answer while also giving you the benefit of the doubt since you could have just said you would never watch it again ;)

In other words, how many times have you seen it so far?

Back