TV Show Thread (Witchblade Reboot in the Works; Snatch Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is The Young Pope worth catching up on ?

What should I catch up on first tonight out of these choices:

Atlanta (season 1)
Sherlock (season 4)
Black Mirror (season 3)

Have seen previous seasons of Sherlock / Black Mirror. Haven't seen any of Atlanta but decided to give it a go. Been sitting on all these for a bit now, but think I'm gonna crack one open.

What say you ?
I've only seen Sherlock season 4 but don't feel too comfortable recommending it.

While waiting for the other knowledgeable posters to answer your question, I say watch Black Mirror since I have a soft spot for sci-fi.

I'm confused. I quoted your old Young Pope post.

You and I posted at the same moment, with you just ahead of me.

You quoted my old post which was almost identical to the new one (at least in spirit) and I saw it immediately.

It felt like you quoted me from the future.

What should I catch up on first tonight out of these choices:

Atlanta (season 1)
Sherlock (season 4)
Black Mirror (season 3)

Have seen previous seasons of Sherlock / Black Mirror. Haven't seen any of Atlanta but decided to give it a go. Been sitting on all these for a bit now, but think I'm gonna crack one open.

What say you ?

Black Mirror.

Then Atlanta.

Then Sherlock.

AND THEN LUTHER.

Why does nobody ever talk about this show?

Started with Black Mirror.

Okay, so ... that episode just 100% ripped off an episode of Community. I've never seen anything that blatant.

Just finished watching Arrival and wondered how you quoted me before I had posted.
The Amy Adams movie?

T'was incredible. I was thoroughly satisfied. It was also right up my alley, being both sci fi and having such a heavy linguistics influence.

Of course one of the major themes is kinda overplayed (benevolent aliens coming to Earth, handful of smart people trying to keep major military leaders from starting an interstellar war), but damn it if they didn't tell the story well. That eureka moment when you finally realize what's going on...

Last edited:
After 4 episodes, I think I'm done with EMERALD CITY. Show is just boring to me. I don't really care about the characters or find them interesting. Only good thing about it is watching the beautiful Adria (mine!) each week.

INCORPORATED continues to be entertaining. I'm amused by the idea of a mind-tampered Ben Larson sincerely trying to help the murder investigation in which he is the killer. Seems like he also got his wife impregnated.

Sounds hot. Don't forget Sneaky Pete is here. Second episode dropping on the 17th Jan.

Created by David Shore (House) and Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad) and executive produced by Cranston and Graham Yost (Justified, The Americans).

After leaving prison, Marius takes cover from his past by assuming the identity of his cellmate, Pete. He moves in with Pete's long-estranged, unsuspecting family and is roped into the family's bail bond business. He's a criminal taking down other criminals and, in the process, he'll discover the family life he's never had.

Just finished this.

Enjoyed it, but wouldn't really recommend it. Has some great moments but it was wildly inconsistent and Cranston was pretty mediocre.

Just finished this.

Enjoyed it, but wouldn't really recommend it. Has some great moments but it was wildly inconsistent and Cranston was pretty mediocre.

I just finished it too. The idea was decent but they had too many directors and the pacing was agitating, too much constant tension without enough quality breaks. That's where Breaking Bad developed well, they already set an amazing pace before bringing in new blood.

Ribisi's sad eyes whenever the family talk to him were outstanding, and Margo Martindale is one of the strongest actresses around.

It was 7-8/10 good but it wasn't great.

I just finished it too. The idea was decent but they had too many directors and the pacing was agitating, too much constant tension without enough quality breaks. That's where Breaking Bad developed well, they already set an amazing pace before bringing in new blood.

Ribisi's sad eyes whenever the family talk to him were outstanding, and Margo Martindale is one of the strongest actresses around.

It was 7-8/10 good but it wasn't great.

Yeah, I love Ribisi and he was great in this.

Martindale is fantastic but I didn't think this script did her justice.

Yeah, I love Ribisi and he was great in this.

Martindale is fantastic but I didn't think this script did her justice.
Ribisi won me over in Boiler Room.

___

Neither do I but she shone in a handful of scenes regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back