TV Show Thread (Dark Crystal Prequel; The Witcher on Netflix; ABC, Fox's New Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE GOOD PLACE Renewed for a Second Season at NBC

the-good-place.jpg

NBC is booking a return trip to The Good Place. The network announced Monday that it has renewed the comedy for a second season.

The Good Place will return for a 13-episode second season. The renewal comes less than two weeks after the Kristen Bell-Ted Danson comedy wrapped its first season with a massive cliffhanger.

“Mike Schur has always had one of the most fertile and imaginative minds in comedy, but what he brought us with the first season of The Good Place was just extraordinary,” NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke said. “We absolutely can’t wait to see where these characters go, literally, in season two. A big thank-you to Mike, the writers and cast for delivering a series in which we all take such enormous pride.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/good-place-renewed-season-2-970203

^ That's good to hear about The Good Place. I like the show and did not see the season finale's big reveal coming. I want to know more what happens to the characters but hopefully they'll regain their memories at some point.

^ That's good to hear about The Good Place. I like the show and did not see the season finale's big reveal coming. I want to know more what happens to the characters but hopefully they'll regain their memories at some point.

Also glad it was renewed.

The only cast member I don't really like is Danson, bad fit for him, especially considering how amazing he was in Fargo.

Also glad it was renewed.

The only cast member I don't really like is Danson, bad fit for him, especially considering how amazing he was in Fargo.
Don't have a problem with Danson in The Good Place. I like him in the show.

In some ways, I feel bad that his good guy persona was just a facade. I'll miss that character.

I agree.

There's something off with Elodie's face. There are times she looks beautiful and there are times she looks so old. But I love her accent and I especially love the way she says "Matthew."
4011148-0006795174-tumbl.jpg

Her acting and body language for the most part make up for it, but sometimes her face just looks... off.

She certainly looks better in video than in still photos.

Don't have a problem with Danson in The Good Place. I like him in the show.

In some ways, I feel bad that his good guy persona was just a facade. I'll miss that character.

Want to hear something really funny?

I hadn't actually watched the final episode before looking at your spoiler.

:p

Just watched it now, it was GREAT.

Janet is probably my favorite character.

Want to hear something really funny?

I hadn't actually watched the final episode before looking at your spoiler.

:p
Lol. Serves you right.

Just watched it now, it was GREAT.
So does that mean you like Ted Danson's character now after the season finale?

Janet is probably my favorite character.
She's okay also. But Jianyu is starting to get on my nerves. I'm sure he'll get stupider and stupider (if that is even possible) in the future.[/QUOTE]

I've been following Powerless since they announced it, so yes, I will definitely be watching it.

Haven't heard about Superior Donuts. Willing to try it out.

the preview looked a little ehhhhh but Powerless is getting pretty good reviews. I wouldn't watch it if it wasn't for Abed from Community. It has to be better than the Joel McHale show. That was awful.

The latest Supergirl was easily the best episode since the red kryptonite one. They somehow managed to run multiple plotlines simultaneously. It's almost like the writers are actually competent.

The acting was also on point, and literally everyone was pulling their weight.

Lol. Serves you right.

So does that mean you like Ted Danson's character now after the season finale?

She's okay also. But Jianyu is starting to get on my nerves. I'm sure he'll get stupider and stupider (if that is even possible) in the future.

He definitely got better.

I loved Jianyu's moment of clarity when he spoke about consequentialism. I also love how happy he was every time he "won" and how easy it was for him to do whatever he wanted in order to win. And honestly... He was the ONLY character saying anything even remotely close to what a regular person would say regarding turning yourself in and going to the bad place. Four people bad enough to be sent to hell, and three of them offer to go to hell to save another?

The latest Supergirl was easily the best episode since the red kryptonite one. They somehow managed to run multiple plotlines simultaneously. It's almost like the writers are actually competent.

The acting was also on point, and literally everyone was pulling their weight.

I generally agree but I do have to lodge a complaint. They finally give Jessie Graff a speaking part and they don't put her in an outfit that shows off her abs?

For shame! :mad: What a waste! :(

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY Promo Announces Start of Production

I generally agree but I do have to lodge a complaint. They finally give Jessie Graff a speaking part and they don't put her in an outfit that shows off her abs?

For shame! :mad: What a waste! :(
I had no idea who you were talking about till I Googled her. I agree. Her body is insane.

btw, the next episode looks like it's going to be pretty good.

I need me some Lena Luthor, though. Besides the fact that I just like her character, she's also very nice to look at. Her look also just does it for me. Pale skin and dark hair makes Ippy weak in the knees. The only way she could be hotter is if she had thick rimmed glasses.

First Look at Rihanna as Marion Crane in BATES MOTEL Final Season Trailer

Final season of Bates Motel premieres Monday, February 20 on A&E.

LUCIFER

The Groundhog Day torture in Hell was interesting. If anybody below is reading this, my personal hell would be making love to Yvonne Strahovski over and over again. Ugh. Yucks.

Anyway, Chloe not telling anyone about her condition at the beginning was dumb. Glad they're still stretching Lucifer and Chloe's romance. Most of the time, it's the chase that's more satisfying.

SUPERGIRL

Okay episode. Livewire might become the Captain Cold of the series (an antihero). Mon-El should have kissed Kara at the end. This Daxamite might slowly be turning Kree. Don't agree with Kara condemning Jimmy about being a crime fighter. Kinda hypocritical considering her sister is also just a mere human.

Highlight for me was seeing Jessie Graff. I'm a fan of hers after seeing her in American Ninja Warrior last season. She's also a regular stuntwoman in Supergirl. The disappointing about her appearance was they didn't really give her a more memorable character other than just being a Livewire knockoff.

GOTHAM

As hard as it is to believe, I'm enjoying the show (but not by much) after they sort of tweaked the show in season 3. They split the season into two major arcs which tightens the story and gives a satisfying resolution at the midseason and season finale. Plus I've gradually gotten over how stupid the idea of a young Bruce Wayne and his adventures are and just begrudgingly accepted it.

I hate the idea that they've introduced resurrections in the show. Cheapens everything when almost everyone can just come back from the dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back