TV Show Thread (Dark Crystal Prequel; The Witcher on Netflix; ABC, Fox's New Shows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god. Is anyone else watching The Last Kingdom? Season 2 episode 6 was darker than a Game of Thrones. Very similar to Sansa's storyline.
Spoiler for those who aren't watching or have seen it. It doesn't seem that bad by the story but the way they taped it was.

The way that the King's daughter's husband internally raged at her, shaking as he barely restrained it. He convinced her to lay on her belly for him to take her when she said she wouldn't by saying he would give her back to the King. Short scene of it taking place.
The way he shook and scared her in that and subsequent scenes was so intense. It was so much worse with the close ups and musical tension.

Then later, the battle scene at the camp when the fighters were occupied, with all the women.. The previously raped victim sees the troops coming and yells, "Death is coming." The soldiers swarm in and we get a handycam view of the women running for 2 minutes. It doesn't look like the King's Daughter will get away but that little spark of hope is there.

@Gavster

I'm watching and enjoying.

Haven't seen the episode so not quoting you (don't want to see your spoiler).

Will watch tomorrow.

Oh god. Is anyone else watching The Last Kingdom? Season 2 episode 6 was darker than a Game of Thrones. Very similar to Sansa's storyline.
Spoiler for those who aren't watching or have seen it. It doesn't seem that bad by the story but the way they taped it was.

The way that the King's daughter's husband internally raged at her, shaking as he barely restrained it. He convinced her to lay on her belly for him to take her when she said she wouldn't by saying he would give her back to the King. Short scene of it taking place.
The way he shook and scared her in that and subsequent scenes was so intense. It was so much worse with the close ups and musical tension.

Then later, the battle scene at the camp when the fighters were occupied, with all the women.. The previously raped victim sees the troops coming and yells, "Death is coming." The soldiers swarm in and we get a handycam view of the women running for 2 minutes. It doesn't look like the King's Daughter will get away but that little spark of hope is there.
Finally saw the latest episode of The Last Kingdom. Yep, those scenes with the ______ was brutal. And the ending was very chilling.

I love this show especially after enduring the last three seasons of Vikings. The Last Kingdom season 2 managed to resolve one of the major story arcs by episode 4. If this was in Vikings, it would have been dragged to the season finale.

So sad The Expanse and The Magicians just had their season finales. :(

The Expanse season 2 has been fantastic. The Magicians season 2 wasn't that great consistently but it was very entertaining throughout.

Finally saw the latest episode of The Last Kingdom. Yep, those scenes with the ______ was brutal. And the ending was very chilling.

I love this show especially after enduring the last three seasons of Vikings. The Last Kingdom season 2 managed to resolve one of the major story arcs by episode 4. If this was in Vikings, it would have been dragged to the season finale.
I can't believe it's only episode 6. It's smashing it out of the park. Really good show. It's obvious where the plot is headed now though.

I skipped Vikings, the main guy looked too much like a couple of psychopaths I've had altercations with in person.

So sad The Expanse and The Magicians just had their season finales. :(

The Expanse season 2 has been fantastic. The Magicians season 2 wasn't that great consistently but it was very entertaining throughout.

Magicians season two (haven't finished it yet) has had some incredible high points but some inexplicable valleys, episodes where I just couldn't keep my eyes open.

The Expanse finale was excellent. While it didn't quite have the same impact as the fifth episode, it did a fine job of capping off this season.

Seriously, season two has been superb. Fucking. Superb.

I knew Holden was going to survive, but damn if I wasn't feeling the tension.

I wasn't 100% sure The Cigarette Smoking Woman and her two bodyguards were going to survive, but I'm glad they did.

I think it's now clear that Sadavir is the Big Bad, with Mao being his Dragon.

Prax was starting to annoy me, but I was still able to empathize with him and see his motivations for what they are... a parent who was given a second chance at hope that their child is alive and well. I can forgive him for being irrational at points.

That science ship being immediately and carefully disassembled was fucking bananas.

I wasn't overly impressed by Stephen Strait (the guy playing Holden) in the first season. He just didn't sell me as a guy who could be a series lead. He did a complete 180 and turned this franchise around in season two, however. In fact, everyone did. Aside from Cigarette Smoking Woman's occasional overacting, pretty much every performance on the show has been phenomenal.

I love this show. With another season or two on par with this passed one, this will easily be my favorite sci fi series of all time. Battlestar who?

They have a proper british teen playing Jor El. It is not on CW so it may not be sappy and emotional like Arrow (which is fine for Arrow)

He is not playing Jor-El though. It's Jor-El's father, Seyg-El.

But I still remember SyFy has had some mishaps when trying to be serious like Caprica, and Stargate Universer. I like what they are doing with the Expanse though.

Caprica was alot better than people give it credit for. I'm convinced it would have worked out the kinks if it had gotten a second season.

Caprica was alot better than people give it credit for. I'm convinced it would have worked out the kinks if it had gotten a second season.

I was gutted when that was cancelled.

He is not playing Jor-El though. It's Jor-El's father, Seyg-El.

Then what is the premise of this show if the endgame is not Krypton imploding, and Kal-El being blasted into outer space?

about to watch the second episode of doctor who. i really enjoyed last weeks episode. how many here are doctor who fans and who has been your favorite doctor. my favorite matt Smith my favorite company have been Emily pound and rose Tyler

my favorite company have been Emily pound and rose Tyler

post-51451-jenna-coleman-clara-oswald-hot-tp52.png

Last edited:
Then what is the premise of this show if the endgame is not Krypton imploding, and Kal-El being blasted into outer space?

Krypton is an upcoming American cable television series developed by David S. Goyer and Damian Kindler for Syfy. The show is set in Superman's home planet, approximately 200 years before the time period of the Man of Steel film. Krypton is set to debut in 2017.

According to IGN, Krypton "will follow Superman's grandfather – whose House of El was ostracized and shamed – as he fights to redeem his family's honor and save his beloved world from chaos."

Krypton is an upcoming American cable television series developed by David S. Goyer and Damian Kindler for Syfy. The show is set in Superman's home planet, approximately 200 years before the time period of the Man of Steel film. Krypton is set to debut in 2017.

According to IGN, Krypton "will follow Superman's grandfather – whose House of El was ostracized and shamed – as he fights to redeem his family's honor and save his beloved world from chaos."

Well, Kryptonians are just like regular humans on their homeworld, so that is an absolutely mundane premise.

Hopefully the House of El is like some weathly influential family, so it can be like Game of Thrones with Kryptonian tech. And hopefully they bring in aliens like the New Gods, or Almaric, Mongul, Lantern Corps.

Is there a comic book or graphic novel they can follow?

The special effects have got to be groundbreaking for this to work.

Well, Kryptonians are just like regular humans on their homeworld, so that is an absolutely mundane premise.

Hopefully the House of El is like some weathly influential family, so it can be like Game of Thrones with Kryptonian tech. And hopefully they bring in aliens like the New Gods, or Almaric, Mongul, Lantern Corps.

Is there a comic book or graphic novel they can follow?

The special effects have got to be groundbreaking for this to work.

No idea.

To be honest, even when I read a lot of comics, I cared not at all for Superman's family.

my favorite also but for some reason there was a lot of hate for him i never understood the hate

Well, you know what they say about haters.

Matt Smith had the most "oh hell YEAH" moments.

The most popular Doctors are Tom Baker and David Tennant, and I love them, they're awesome.

I just really, really, really liked Smith.

Also, he's an excuse to post this scene. Written by Neil Gaiman, don't you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back