Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone watch White Gold on Netflix? I binged the whole season the past week, I thought it was great! Great combo of breaking the 4th wall and zany comedy centered around a hugely narcissistic asshole! Plus 2 of the 4 inbetweeners are in it and are just as fummy as they were on it

If Supergirl wasn't your cup of tea, you should at least check it out for the eye candy.

For example, this is who they just cast as Saturn Girl:

my-Jackson-oozes-SEX-appeal1-e1496564459856.jpg

amy-jackson-125-h.jpg

Singh-is-Bling-Movie-Amy-Jackson-Hot-Unseen-PicturesPhotos-Leaked-3.png

Amy-Jackson:-Maxim-India-2017--04-662x943.jpg

Amy-Jackson-Hot-Bikini-Pictures-4.jpg

amy-jackson-maxim-india-sexy-february-2017-pictrure.jpg

CW always delivers great eye candy. I personally have a soft spot for Katie McGrath.

She also happens to be Laurie Metcalf's real life daughter which is a nice touch.

I may give it a try but strikes me as being more of a Wonder Years esque dramedy. It's a tough sell cause a lot of the humor that Parsons brings is that Sheldon is obnoxious while I imagine they have to drum up the aw shucks likable factor of Armitage on the prequel series.

Your factoid about Zoe is better than mine. While watching we were commenting on how good the casting was for young Mary Cooper and how she looked like Laurie Metcalf at times and really nailed the voice and cadence of her talking patterns. This really explains why.

I got the Wonder Years vibe from it, and it was probably on purpose. It was definitely a bit hokey in parts, but BBT fans might actually be able to like this - just for seeing all the stories old Sheldon has commented on. Don't think it necessarily has staying power, but 1-2 seasons could be one of those shows that get canceled but deserved better. Mary Cooper was much more normal and likable, and in Sheldon's stories his father always came off as an ass.

The worst casting might have been young Sheldon.

Isn't female operative the Israeli chick from The Last Ship? Are you going against Last Ship family? Is that the type of Dragon you want to be?
Nope. The one from The Brave is Natacha Karam. And she never appeared in The Last Ship.

1088216.jpg

Your factoid about Zoe is better than mine. While watching we were commenting on how good the casting was for young Mary Cooper and how she looked like Laurie Metcalf at times and really nailed the voice and cadence of her talking patterns. This really explains why.

I got the Wonder Years vibe from it, and it was probably on purpose. It was definitely a bit hokey in parts, but BBT fans might actually be able to like this - just for seeing all the stories old Sheldon has commented on. Don't think it necessarily has staying power, but 1-2 seasons could be one of those shows that get canceled but deserved better. Mary Cooper was much more normal and likable, and in Sheldon's stories his father always came off as an ass.

The worst casting might have been young Sheldon.

Thanks for the info, man. I'm certainly not averse to giving it a watch. Now that Game of Thrones season 7 has ended, I can't think of any show that I'm really itching to watch other than Curb Your Enthusiasm's new season but there's certainly no lack of options.

Taylor Kitsch is David Koresh in the First Trailer for WACO

Waco is a brand new 6-part series from Paramount Network based on the true story that shocked the world of religious leader David Koresh’s Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas in 1993. Waco features a star studded cast that includes Michael Shannon, Melissa Benoist, Taylor Kitsch, John Leguizamo. Premieres this January.

Watching stranger things

I love it

1 1/2 episode in

THE SINNER finale

It was decent but as I've said from the beginning, this is better suited as a 2-hour movie than being stretched out for 8 episodes. But even if this was a movie, it would just be a decent one. The twist was kinda meh (I kinda figured it out from the first 2-3 episodes). Initially I was hoping she would be revealed as a sleeper assassin lol.

51F5WWqLNaL.jpg

Get Shorty is getting pretty incredible. Those who don't watch this should really pay attention
Get Shorty episode 8 was great. The ending really felt like a season finale. Best thing is we still have two more episodes before the season ends.

New Additions to the Cast Announced for INTO THE BADLANDS Season 3

arU4ftv.jpg

AMC announced new additions to the cast of its hit martial arts drama Into the Badlands, which returns for season three next year. Sherman Augustus, Babou Ceesay and Ella-Rae Smith join the Into the Badlands Season 3 cast as series regulars and Dean-Charles Chapman and Lewis Tan join as recurring guest stars.

They join series stars Daniel Wu (Sunny), Aramis Knight (M.K.), Emily Beecham (The Widow), Orla Brady (Lydia), Ally Ioannides (Tilda), Nick Frost (Bajie) and previously announced new series regular Lorraine Toussaint (Cressida).

Sherman Augustus returns to the Badlands after being introduced as Nathaniel Moon, the former regent who lost his hand to Sunny in Season 2. In Season 3, Moon joins forces with The Widow in her war against Baron Chau in the hopes of avenging his feud with Sunny. Augustus most recently appeared on Westworld, American Odyssey, Colony, Low Winter Sun and Legit.

Babou Ceesay plays Pilgrim, a zealous warlord who is on a quest to recover a mysterious artifact from Azra that could tip the balance of power in the Badlands. Ceesay most recently appeared in the Showtime series Guerilla, BAFTA-nominated Damilola, Our Loved Boy, BAFTA-winning TV mini-series National Treasure and Free Fire. He recently wrapped production on The Best of Enemies.

Ella-Rae Smith plays Nix, a teenager whom Pilgrim loves like his own child. He uses her dark abilities to enforce his will. Smith most recently appeared in Clique, Butterfly Kisses and the upcoming feature The Commuter.

Dean-Charles Chapman plays Castor, a teenager with dark abilities whom Pilgrim loves like his own child. He uses his dark abilities to enforce his will. Chapman most recently appeared as King Tommen in Game of Thrones and can be seen in the upcoming feature films Breathe and The Commuter.

Lewis Tan plays Gaius Chau, who was imprisoned by his older sister, Baron Chau, for liberating her cog slaves. Gaius becomes a reluctant player in his sister’s war against The Widow. Tan most recently appeared in the TV series Iron Fist, Rush Hour, and Hawaii Five-0 and can be seen in the upcoming film Den of Thieves.

Sherman Augustus, Babou Ceesay and Ella-Rae Smith Join AMC's Into the Badland Season 3

THE MIST Cancelled at Spike After One Season

Mg%C5%82a-serial-na-podstawie-opowiadania-S.-Kinga-1.jpg

It's one and done for Spike TV's The Mist. The Viacom-owned cable network has canceled the freshman drama based on the Stephen King novella.

Picked up straight to series in April 2016 as part of Spike's push to re-enter the original scripted space, the drama starring Morgan Spector and Frances Conroy launched in late June to solid sampling, drawing 1.2 million viewers to the premiere with live-plus-three-day Nielsen returns. However, the rest of The Mist's run could barely draw 800,000 viewers — even with DVR. Among adults 18-49, the show couldn't even crack cable's top 30 scripted series.

The decision to cancel The Mist comes as Spike is set to be rebranded as Paramount Network in January as part of a larger plan to reinvigorate corporate parent Viacom.

Spike/Paramount Network president Kevin Kay told The Hollywood Reporter in March that The Mist had the potential to move to Paramount Network with a second season if the first run performed well. Instead, Paramount Network will launch with a mix of high-end scripted including The Weinstein Co.-produced Taylor Sheridan drama Yellowstone and miniseries Waco, as well as TV Land-developed entries American Woman and Heathers.

'The Mist' Canceled at Spike After One Season (Exclusive)

Wasn't a fan of The Mist. Premise is better suited as a 2 hour movie. The show had lots of dragging moments and annoying main characters.

Tried out the first episode of THE GOOD DOCTOR. I liked it. It's from David Shore (House) and revolves around an autistic surgeon. In a way this is like opposite of House. In House, the main character is a genius but is an asshole who bullies everyone. In The Good Doctor, the main character is a genius who is very meek and is pushed around by almost everybody.

Dean-Charles Chapman plays Castor, a teenager with dark abilities whom Pilgrim loves like his own child. He uses his dark abilities to enforce his will. Chapman most recently appeared as King Tommen in Game of Thrones and can be seen in the upcoming feature films Breathe and The Commuter.

This will be a good test bed to see what happens when someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to fight choreography is given a pretty boy former GoT actor with no previous martial arts background to work with.

Finished watching stranger things

loved it 8/10
did prefer wayward pines s1 though

and it's made me go rewatch waywards pines s1 now

This one ought to be interesting.

‘Kung Fu’ Female-Led Series Reboot From Greg Berlanti & Wendy Mericle Set At Fox As Put Pilot

[- - -]

Written by
Arrow executive producer and longtime Berlanti collaborator Wendy Mericle, Kung Fu is a sequel to the original series, created by Ed Spielman, which was set in the 1880s and chronicles the adventures of Kwai Chang Caine (Carradine), a Shaolin monk who travels the American Old West armed only with his spiritual training — including a ton of aphorisms — and his skill in martial arts in search of his half-brother.

The new Kung Fu follows the adventures of Lucy Chang, a Buddhist monk and kung fu master who travels through 1950s America armed only with her spiritual training and her martial arts skills as she searches for the man who stole her child years before. When she teams with JT Cullen, a charming Korean War vet with his own secrets, the two form an unlikely alliance that allows Lucy to continue her search while also coming to the aid of people in need. (It is unclear whether Carradine’s character and Lucy Chang are related.)

[- - -]

I only vaguely remember watching some episodes of the original show on reruns when I was younger, but the fact that it's a sequel series and not a straight up reboot is very encouraging.

The person who write the article should get reprimanded for a deliberately misleading title. The article is clear that this show is a sequel to the original, not a reboot.

Tried out the first episode of THE GOOD DOCTOR. I liked it. It's from David Shore (House) and revolves around an autistic surgeon. In a way this is like opposite of House. In House, the main character is a genius but is an asshole who bullies everyone. In The Good Doctor, the main character is a genius who is very meek and is pushed around by almost everybody.

It's a trap!

He's a serial killer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back