Opinion Turns out International Teams hate US Women's Soccer as much as Americans do

What's wrong with the ladies having a little swagger? They have the best program in the world and have earned to right.

Quit being a hater.
Having swagger and allowing your brain to do a shit turn woke-rot that effects the whole team negatively.... TWO different things.

They HAD they best program. Look what happened in the last two world cups and the last two Olympics. I'm not happy about it either but at least I acknowledge it.

Also won all but two of the Olympics. The two they didn't win are the last two though.... Hopefully they right that ship.

Wasn't '99 the first women's World Cup? That is what I was referring to. I watched it with my first daughter who was a new born at the time and sitting on my lap, I never played soccer but enjoyed the victory over China. Little did I know I would go on to coach women's soccer for a dozen years.

Having swagger and allowing your brain to do a shit turn woke-rot that effects the whole team negatively.... TWO different things.

They HAD they best program. Look what happened in the last two world cups and the last two Olympics. I'm not happy about it either but at least I acknowledge it.

If not for the US, who has the best program now? They played okay but just needed a scorer, they had plenty of opportunities. You can't win EVERY World Cup.

If not for the US, who has the best program now? They played okay but just needed a scorer, they had plenty of opportunities. You can't win EVERY World Cup.
Not sure exactly who now.
Can't win them all but damn.... This was the first time in women's world cup history that we didn't even place on the podium. Obviously something is off. Been off for the past few years. We shit the bed on the last two Olympics also.

Fair enough. Just saying we shouldn't count them out just yet. We got some good players coming up.

Of course...

Sometimes Addition by Subtraction makes huge positive differences too... As many Pro teams have learned when cutting a former star who was also locker room cancer. We can name many examples in the NFL/NBA.

Teams will put up drama and toxic culture if the production is there.. but once it falls off... snip snip

Some irony in people complaining against being an arrogant asshole who thinks our current country sucks…..

whaaaaaat?? I've met quite a few that do. I myself am agnostic. Got no problem discussing it.
In what context, how is it brought up ?
I'm 54 , have lived in Vancouver, Miami , Alberta and my hometown so pretty diverse areas and it just doesn't happen , people bringing up their religious beliefs on the other hand ....

The hate for the women's national team because they hold political positions some people don't agree with is as good a sign as any about how insipidly dangerous our voting population has become.

Soccer players playing soccer for the nation losing support because of political positions that don't have anything to do with the on-field product. They played below expectations. But they're still representing our country. It's mind-boggling that people who refuse to support a national team are claiming that the people who are out there playing for the nation are the ones who don't support that nation and the people putting them down are the real supporters.

Does the irony of that not make you shake your head in wonder?

I support my nation by hating on the people who are representing my nation for something they said/did but that has nothing to do with what they are actively doing for my nation's benefit, lol.

My dislike of the USWNT started with the whole equal pay lawsuit thing and how they kept gaslighting the public. They were lying and still continue to lie about it in the media. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Breakdown of the case by a lawyer. The women were being paid more than the men, yet they kept lying saying they get paid unfairly.

In what context, how is it brought up ?
I'm 54 , have lived in Vancouver, Miami , Alberta and my hometown so pretty diverse areas and it just doesn't happen , people bringing up their religious beliefs on the other hand ....
Anything. It can be as simple as a guy saying “god bless you” after someone sneezes. “Oh I’m atheist bro”. Or as complicated as someone saying “oh yeah?! You answer to god on judgement day!” “No I won’t, I don’t believe in sky ferries.” Etc etc etc.

Oh and good luck offending an alt right atheist. They aren’t worried about what anyone says to them.

My dislike of the USWNT started with the whole equal pay lawsuit thing and how they kept gaslighting the public. They were lying and still continue to lie about it in the media. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

Breakdown of the case by a lawyer. The women were being paid more than the men, yet they kept lying saying they get paid unfairly.

that is problem with girls they will go along on pride and misinformation because if they would say we were wrong and stop the nonsense would be like defeat in their eyes. so man is needed to tell them enough of this and stop this nonsense

I'm familiar with the lawsuit. I think the pay thing was a matter of interpretation with the USWNT taking the interpretation the benefitted them the most. Their interpretation was based on what would have happened if the men performed as well as the women did. But that issue was flawed because the bonus money never came from US Soccer but from FIFA and the 2 sides had different pay structures. They were always going to lose the lawsuit for the reasons mentioned but their underlying premise wasn't completely wrong.

And we see some of that reality in what just happened. Both teams were bounced in the Round of 16 but the USMNT payout was $5 million and the USWNT payout was ~$1.5 million. Very different payouts but not because of discrimination. I agree that it was a selfish position for them to take.

As far as the topic itself goes, I can understand people not liking how that whole thing played out but I'd still consider it a stretch to suggest that they dislike America, are un-American or anything in that vein. It was typical economic selfishness.

I'm familiar with the lawsuit. I think the pay thing was a matter of interpretation with the USWNT taking the interpretation the benefitted them the most. Their interpretation was based on what would have happened if the men performed as well as the women did. But that issue was flawed because the bonus money never came from US Soccer but from FIFA and the 2 sides had different pay structures. They were always going to lose the lawsuit for the reasons mentioned but their underlying premise wasn't completely wrong.

And we see some of that reality in what just happened. Both teams were bounced in the Round of 16 but the USMNT payout was $5 million and the USWNT payout was ~$1.5 million. Very different payouts but not because of discrimination. I agree that it was a selfish position for them to take.

My dislike really started when I kept seeing Rapinoe acting all self righteous and indignant about this equal pay issue on TV programs, interviews, etc. Then all self righteous once they got the deal. I knew that she knew they were getting an unfair deal.

The math was all laid out in the trial. The women could have always opted to get the same exact deal as the men from the beginning, but chose not to. And in the deal they did choose, it paid more than the men when you include the cost of all the benefits they received over the men.

And now they're essentially getting subsidized from the men's share of the World Cup profits (which is a lot more revenue) on top of getting millions in benefits that the men don't get at all.

As far as the topic itself goes, I can understand people not liking how that whole thing played out but I'd still consider it a stretch to suggest that they dislike America, are un-American or anything in that vein. It was typical economic selfishness.

I don't think it was necessarily un-American either.

But people were just generally sick of Rapinoe and her arrogance. The equal pay thing, advocating for trans athletes to be able to play against women, etc.

Then the national anthem thing was the straw that broke the camel's back. It got people to actively root against the women's team.

I was always one of those people that thought Colin Kapernick did nothing wrong. He literally said multiple times, "this is for protesting black people getting shot by police and not to disrespect soldiers or the country."

However, this USWNT thing hit a little different. They are representing the US on an international stage and they do this. While people from much shittier places were proudly representing their respective countries. During one game, the players also turned their back on a 98 year old WW2 veteran playing the harmonica. It just came off as super entitled and arrogant.

Last edited:
A disconnect exists with specific women only sporting leagues. Them wanting equal pay is admirable. Problem is these leagues arent profitable and are being subsidized by their parent open leagues. Then when you get into viewership demographics it becomes clear women arent supporting these women only leagues.

One odd fact i learned about WNBA players during the Brittney Griner imprisonment. Is how most WNBA players make the majority of their money by playing in China during the off season.

My dislike really started when I kept seeing Rapinoe acting all self righteous and indignant about this equal pay issue on TV programs, interviews, etc. Then all self righteous once they got the deal. I knew that she knew they were getting an unfair deal.

The math was all laid out in the trial. The women could have always opted to get the same exact deal as the men from the beginning, but chose not to. And in the deal they did choose, it paid more than the men when you include the cost of all the benefits they received over the men.

And now they're essentially getting subsidized from the men's share of the World Cup profits (which is a lot more revenue) on top of getting millions in benefits that the men don't get at all.
No one has to like Rapinoe or the position they took on this. Their lawsuit was going to lose because the reality was against them. But that was only because the women had so significantly outperformed the men. They had outearned the men so they didn't have much of a cause to litigate. But, like I said, if you raised that same issue right now, the women's team would have made significantly less than the men for similar levels of production (Round of 16 exit). Not on an individual basis but as a group. We can all agree that it's not discrimination and we can all agree that US Soccer isn't to blame but we also have to agree that despite being the more successful team internationally, women's soccer gets paid less.

I don't think it was necessarily un-American either.

But people were just generally sick of Rapinoe and her arrogance. The equal pay thing, advocating for trans athletes to be able to play against women, etc.

Then the national anthem thing was the straw that broke the camel's back. It got people to actively root against the women's team.

I was always one of those people that thought Colin Kapernick did nothing wrong. He literally said multiple times, "this is for protesting black people getting shot by police and not to disrespect soldiers or the country."

However, this USWNT thing hit a little different. They are representing the US on an international stage and they do this. While people from much shittier places were proudly representing their respective countries. During one game, the players also turned their back on a 98 year old WW2 veteran playing the harmonica. It just came off as super entitled and arrogant.
I've always found it weird when people object to American athletes expressing an unpopular point of view by labelling the athletes un-American or implying that they shouldn't do it on an international stage. Protesting at sports is probably one of the most American things out there. It's why I'm so specific about drawing a line between disliking the position an athlete takes on a social or political issue and labelling that athlete as a poor representative of the nation.

No one has to like Rapinoe or the position they took on this. Their lawsuit was going to lose because the reality was against them. But that was only because the women had so significantly outperformed the men. They had outearned the men so they didn't have much of a cause to litigate. But, like I said, if you raised that same issue right now, the women's team would have made significantly less than the men for similar levels of production (Round of 16 exit). Not on an individual basis but as a group. We can all agree that it's not discrimination and we can all agree that US Soccer isn't to blame but we also have to agree that despite being the more successful team internationally, women's soccer gets paid less.

That's true they outperformed the men, but TBH that's completely irrelevant. It's all about how much revenue they generate and the Men's World Cup simply makes a lot more money.

Last edited:

Beerensteyn Happy After ‘Big Mouth’ U.S. Knocked Out Of Women’s World Cup
https://www.forbes.com/sites/manasi...cked-out-of-womens-world-cup/?sh=4a602c4d5bd0
Talking to reporters on Thursday ahead of the Netherlands’ quarter-final with Spain, Beerensteyn said she was delighted after the U.S. were sent home early.

“The first moment when I heard that they were out, I was just thinking, 'Yes! Bye!’” Beerensteyn said. “Because, I mean, from the start of this tournament they already had a really big mouth. They were talking already about the final and stuff.

“I was just thinking, 'you first have to show it on the pitch before you are talking'.”

“I am not being rude in that way,” Beerensteyn added. “I mean, I have still a lot of respect for them, but now they are out of the tournament. For them, it's a thing that they have to take with them in the future - don't start to talk about something that's far away. I hope that they will learn from that.”

You're not the only ones happy this dumpster fire lost... And it only takes one Toxic Teammate to poison a locker room... If you've played competitive sports, you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's completely obvious who it was...

Even more impressive was how she poisoned an entire fanbase.... Seriously, its impressive. I'm sure we'll see the White Knight Lefty trolls rush in to protect her and call everyone woman haters. But it wasn't that long ago the Women's Team was the darling of the US. Those days seem long gone...

Carli Lloyd Says She ‘Hated’ Playing Last Several Years for USWNT
https://www.si.com/soccer/2022/03/02/carli-lloyd-hope-solo-hated-playing-uswnt
Carli Lloyd wrapped up her career for the U.S. women’s soccer team in 2021 ranking second all-time in career caps and third in career goals. Yet, at least in her later years, she was not enjoying her time with the team.

peaking as a guest on former teammate Hope Solo’s podcast, Lloyd detailed how much she “hated” playing on the team, particularly due to what she described as a poor locker room culture.

“Within our squad, the culture has changed. It was really tough and challenging to play these last several years. To be quite honest, I hated it,” Lloyd said. “It wasn’t fun going in, and it was only for love of the game for me. I wanted to win, and I wanted to help the team, but the culture within the team was the worst I had ever seen it.”

Lloyd played for the national team from 2005 to ’21, playing a central role in two Olympic gold medal-winning squads as well as two World Cup championship teams. She played in her final game for the USWNT in an international friendly in October, and after the game gave a speech to the crowd in which she thanked her teammates, past and present, for all they’ve given her throughout her career.

In her interview with Solo, the former USWNT goalkeeper echoed many of Lloyd’s sentiments, saying that she too did not enjoy the “culture and politics” of playing for the national team. Neither delved into specifics during the nearly two-minute clip that Solo posted.

“Every time I left for camp, my husband hated to see me sad” Solo said. “I didn’t want to go to that culture of the camp. I didn’t want to go to the social aspect of camp ... I didn’t want to be around everybody and the culture of the team. It was really difficult.

“I don’t think people understand how difficult emotionally and mentally that is. It’s tough, I just wanted to be a professional athlete, I wanted to be cutthroat and I wanted to win,” Solo said. “But, you still have to play the political game

- NOTE - Actually you don't have to play the political game... It was all coming from one source

And it just because its hilarious... here's more celebrating their loss

It still irritates the heII out of me to know the MEN folded and GAVE them a share of the money they earn.

I'm sure you've seen this, but it's worth repeating:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCUJnMKNQtA

Back