Turned $5 free MGM bet to $450

Georges Hefner

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
upload_2023-8-6_1-29-50.jpeg upload_2023-8-6_1-30-11.jpeg
upload_2023-8-6_1-45-30.jpeg
I got financed 5 dollars and grossed more than 450 in the box office. Some random bet i placed last week
NOT NO PARLAY BS BUT ACTUAL STRATEGY

Last edited:
You got damn lucky the judges gave Pereira that robbery decision on your first parlay. He didn't win that fight. And that's not me being bitter, I lucked out on him too LOL.

Guess you need a bit of luck like that sometimes...
Being completely fair it seems like a shit ton of people sided with Alex on that one, so giving it to Jan would be the "robbery".

One of the clearer examples of judging criteria being drastically different now.

Being completely fair it seems like a shit ton of people sided with Alex on that one, so giving it to Jan would be the "robbery".

One of the clearer examples of judging criteria being drastically different now.

I really cannot see that AT ALL. The new criteria (rightly imo) awards damage above all else. But the fights are still scored round by round.

Round 1, neither fighter did any real damage at all. But Jan had the control, grappling, and aggression edge.

Round 2 was clearly Alex. Jan still had some control, but the only damage done was by Alex and the end of that round where he was teeing off easily negated any control Jan had up until then.

Round 3 was similar to round 1. No damage by either guy, but Jan again had the edge in control, aggression, grappling.

I don't see how that wasn't 29-28 Jan. Again, I was happy to cash the bet but it was the wrong decision imo.

I really cannot see that AT ALL. The new criteria (rightly imo) awards damage above all else. But the fights are still scored round by round.

Round 1, neither fighter did any real damage at all. But Jan had the control, grappling, and aggression edge.

Round 2 was clearly Alex. Jan still had some control, but the only damage done was by Alex and the end of that round where he was teeing off easily negated any control Jan had up until then.

Round 3 was similar to round 1. No damage by either guy, but Jan again had the edge in control, aggression, grappling.

I don't see how that wasn't 29-28 Jan. Again, I was happy to cash the bet but it was the wrong decision imo.
I hear you, but that's the unpopular opinion.

I hear you, but that's the unpopular opinion.

I guess because people perceive Jan trying to grapple as him avoiding engaging? Which maybe it is to a degree.

I'd like to hear someone give me an actual coherent argument as to how Alex won rd 1 or 3. I was ready to rip up my ticket (yep, had the actual paper ticket printed from the Fanduel kiosk haha) and when they announced Alex as the winner the whole table of guys I was watching with were like "What the hell??"

I guess because people perceive Jan trying to grapple as him avoiding engaging? Which maybe it is to a degree.

I'd like to hear someone give me an actual coherent argument as to how Alex won rd 1 or 3. I was ready to rip up my ticket (yep, had the actual paper ticket printed from the Fanduel kiosk haha) and when they announced Alex as the winner the whole table of guys I was watching with were like "What the hell??"
What I've heard is that Alex's strikes seemed more significant than Jan's in the third, also assume that Blach's body language played a factor in that. So the people who gave Alex the nod think that trumped Jan's work on the feet and the control time he got late.

I had Jan but he also blew it there by not trying to do more on top in the third, even spamming pitter patter shots would've been enough for him to secure it I think.

What I've heard is that Alex's strikes seemed more significant than Jan's in the third, also assume that Blach's body language played a factor in that. So the people who gave Alex the nod think that trumped Jan's work on the feet and the control time he got late.

I had Jan but he also blew it there by not trying to do more on top in the third, even spamming pitter patter shots would've been enough for him to secure it I think.

Man...I guess. I'll rewatch maybe at some point.

Back