Turkey: Moderate Islamic Country Myth Busted!!!

GORETAURO

WOLVERINES!!!
Banned
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been getting coverage here but basically that asshole Turk...no not Cenk...the preside of Turkey is threatening all westerners if he doesn't get his way.

Now people want to know why we didn't want Obama to give Iran nukes.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/14700...eatens-europe-if-you-continue-michael-qazvini

After insisting that German Chancellor Angela Merkel was “deploying Nazi measures” against Turkish officials who had hoped to campaign for domestic referendum on German soil, Islamist President Recep Tayyip Erdogan issued a disturbing message to Europeans Wednesday.

"If you continue to behave like this, tomorrow in no part of the world, no European, no Westerner will be able to take steps on the street safely and peacefully," Erdogan stated during a rally at the Turkish capital of Ankara. Turkey is "not a country to push, to prod, to play with its honour, to shove its ministers out of the door, drag its citizens on the floor."

Erdogan refused to elaborate on what he meant by his remarks, but they were enough to send chills down the spines of Europeans already fearful of radical Islamic terrorist attacks carried out by incoming Muslim migrants passing through Turkey.

"Erdogan did not expand on what he meant by his comments but appeared to imply that Europeans risked receiving the same treatment that, he says, is endured by Turks and Muslims in Europe," notes AFP.

As it stands, Merkel’s de facto agreement with Erdogan to stem the flow of refugees passing into Europe from Turkey in exchange for cash and concessions that may one day allow Turkey to formally enter the European Union is in serious jeopardy.

For months now, Turkey has been essentially extorting Merkel and other European officials, demanding that Germany and other powerhouse economies tip-toe around Erdogan’s capricious feelings so that Turkish border officials don’t open the floodgates and allow the millions of refugees camped out in Turkey to pour into an already-unstable Europe.

“If Greece and Germany continue their negative attitude toward Turkey, then Turkey has no other option but to relax its hold on migrants,” Erdogan adviser Ilnur Cevik said earlier this year. “Turkey has nothing to lose because Turkey has not gained anything.”

In an attempt to prevent another round of mass migrations, Merkel has trod lightly, doing virtually everything in her power to appease Erdogan’s fickle sensibilities, including calling for the criminal prosecution of a German poet who dared to insult the Turkish dictator with mere words.

But Erdogan’s recent remarks threatening Europe’s people with esoteric omens of danger may force Merkel’s hand. After submitting to Erdogan’s every whim, the German chancellor may have to finally confront the Turkish dictator.

giphy.gif

Sounds more like classical nationalism than radicalism if you ask me.

If Turkey isn't a "moderate Islamic country", you're not going to know it by listening in on a pissing contest.

Thwo threads on this already.

But yes, Erdogan is a dangerous nut who threatens everyone who doesn't kiss his ass.

Thwo threads on this already.

But yes, Erdogan is a dangerous nut who threatens everyone who doesn't kiss his ass.

been out of it this week. we need to oust his ass and put those other dudes in power...ugh

Most of the younger and English speaking Turks I know are atheists, but they are also ultra nationalist shit heads. Many of them were happy when ISIS was trying to wipe out the Kurd's in Northern Syria and they support their governments shitty policy of arming rebels in Syria. With Turks you have secularists and Islamist coming together to pursue the same stupid policy on the middle east.

been out of it this week. we need to oust his ass and put those other dudes in power...ugh

Agreed! We need more armed interventions in the middle east. It's been working brilliantly so far.

Agreed! We need more armed interventions in the middle east. It's been working brilliantly so far.
Agreed. It's always a great idea to disturb the hornets nets right outside your open window.

don't know about yall but i've been to Turkey

it's more moderate than like Afghanistan, sure, but it's by no means moderate by any stretch of the imagination

Kuwait, if anything, is the most moderate Islamic country IMO
- highest gender gap rating in the region
-oldest active Constituion and semi-democracy in the region
- kuwaiti women outnumber men in the workforce (obviously not counting the huge expatriot pop there)
- generally regarded as having the most independent Court system of Arab nations
-uses Civil, not Sharia, Law based off the French system
etc etc etc

I almost drowned in turkey... so screw that country and its salty ass sea

Most of the younger and English speaking Turks I know are atheists, but they are also ultra nationalist shit heads. Many of them were happy when ISIS was trying to wipe out the Kurd's in Northern Syria and they support their governments shitty policy of arming rebels in Syria. With Turks you have secularists and Islamist coming together to pursue the same stupid policy on the middle east.
I can attest to that as well. My Turkish friends in Sweden are generally secular and rather well assimilated but whenever Kurds are mentioned. They go from this jolly ol' good fellow to a minion of Erdogan in a matter of nano seconds. They begin to rant about how much influence Kurds have over Swedish media and how they try to destroy Turkey. These are Turks that have grown up in Sweden.

<{walkerwhut}> It's very strange to witness that swift transformation...

Ive been there twice beautiful country, moderate? In the tourist areas it was very "moderate" almost scandalous to be honest

I can attest to that as well. My Turkish friends in Sweden are generally secular and rather well assimilated but whenever Kurds are mentioned. They go from this jolly ol' good fellow to a minion of Erdogan in a matter of nano seconds. They begin to rant about how much influence Kurds have over Swedish media and how they try to destroy Turkey. These are Turks that have grown up in Sweden.

<{walkerwhut}> It's very strange to witness that swift transformation...

I say this with all due respect, but Turkish dudes are weird.

The older guys who run kebab stands in Germany are nice, but the young dudes were largely aggressive assholes, unless they sold hash, in which case they became cool.

I contributed nothing of value, did I?

I say this with all due respect, but Turkish dudes are weird.

The older guys who run kebab stands in Germany are nice, but the young dudes were largely aggressive assholes, unless they sold hash, in which case they became cool.

I contributed nothing of value, did I?
They can be quite violent as well. There have been quite a few violent clashes between Turks and Kurds in Sweden.

just let Russia push Turkish shit so deep in, that immigrants become the least of their problems.

Honestly Turkey hasn't been a moderate country for some time, if ever.

This reputation was built up by those sympathetic to Muslims desperate to point to a "moderate" Muslim country and in this case they conflated "secular" with "moderate" and they're not the same. Turkey was essentially an ethnostate dominated by the armed forces, not what I'd call moderate and we saw the ugly side of such a state with the vicious crackdown on the Kurds following the 1980 coup.

Erdogan actually improved the human rights situation initially by giving the Kurds concessions, which was done on the basis of Islamic solidarity that the Turkish nationalists couldn't replicate. But the situation in Syria has only made the guy revert to the Kemalist legacy of authoritarian Turkish supremacy it seems.

This is where someone like @Blackened has a point. When it comes to white people ethnonationalism is not tolerated but with Muslims we're so desperate for them to organize their societies around some identity other than Islam that not only do we tolerate it we almost encourage it as a counterweight to Islamism.

Last edited:

This reputation was built up by those sympathetic to Muslims desperate to point to a "moderate" Muslim country and in this case they conflated "secular" with "moderate" and they're not the same. Turkey was essentially an ethnostate dominated by the armed forces, not what I'd call secular and we saw the ugly side of such a state with the vicious crackdown on the Kurds following the 1980 coup.

Erdogan actually improved the human rights situation initially by giving the Kurds concessions, which was done on the basis of Islamic solidarity that the Turkish nationalists couldn't replicate. But the situation in Syria has only made the guy revert to the Kemalist legacy of authoritarian Turkish supremacy it seems.

This is where someone like @Blackened has a point. When it comes to white people ethnonationalism is not tolerated but with Muslims we're so desperate for them to organize their societies around some identity other than Islam that not only do we tolerate it we almost encourage it as a counterweight to Islamism.

I agree,

I think there was a brief window where there were some encouraging signs, high voter participation, no signs of influencing or rigging at the time, traditional Muslim ideas were challenged. They took in a ton of refugees then, the veneer wore off and we could see what was really going on. It's almost like all of the countires in the middle east need to be re-drawn or something.

This reputation was built up by those sympathetic to Muslims desperate to point to a "moderate" Muslim country and in this case they conflated "secular" with "moderate" and they're not the same. Turkey was essentially an ethnostate dominated by the armed forces, not what I'd call secular and we saw the ugly side of such a state with the vicious crackdown on the Kurds following the 1980 coup.

Thanks Kafir, much love my friend. I prefer an ethnic identity to a religious one. For one, it's real (literally is our DNA) and our history can be traced, even evolutionarily.

But for the Kalergites, it's about eroding all identity, racial and religious. It might seem like Islam is conquering given the recent attacks, but for the "peaceful majority" (who in reality, are actually the majority) the reality is their religion is being conquered by materialistic capitalism.

When all races and religions are conquered "they" will have their slave race built around consumerism and materialism. Human cattle, essentially.

Back