Turf toe sucks

Dogstarman

Old man jiu jitsu
@Silver
Reaction score
I have been having big toe pain for the past few months. It sucks to run or walk long distances. I use active toes in bjj and that hurts it too. I just live with the pain. I still do it but it hurts.

I've been icing it and doing other things to help it out.

So I finally went to the podiatrist. My big toe has a torn tendon. The way he described it as a torn acl. It's loose the way a knee would be loose if the acl is torn. There is no real treatment for it. They don't operate on toes. I just have to tape, ice and take nsaids as needed. I will have to live with it for the rest of my life. He also said he would do an injection, but wants me to try these treatments before he gives me an injection.

Anyway, such a little part of the body and it sucks to injury it.

If it's a grappling injury, should we call it "tatami toe"?

Did he tell you there is anyway to strengthen it? Foot strengthening is something there are videos on I wonder if it would help rehab it

testing is around the corner so half of the citrus belts have given me tatami toe or cracked toenails trying to clean up their footsweeps...

tumblr_mmp6o0vIzL1sqghjko4_500.gif

He should just give you the injection. I am not a doctor at all but that is what I would want.

Dude...I made fun of Shaq that season he took off for turf toe and I used to wonder how the hell turf toe could be as bad as people said it was.

Then I got it last year. Fuck turf toe so fucking much.

I hope you feel better soon!

look up some videos on the little things football teams have players do to rehab it, looks silly but they really help

maybe pull guard nonstop for the next 6 months too lol turf toe is damn near impossible to get rid of, it seems like everytime you start feeling good youll reaggravate it

Back