TUF thoughts on Uriah, Kelvin,Samman

gmike23

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Ive been a fan of this sport since the late 90's and have seen every single episode of TUF except the last 2 or 3 seasons. The show just got stale for me. Luckily, this past season revived the show, as Id put it up there with my favorites of all time(with season 1, 5, 14) I was actually counting down the days til the next week's episode. Thanks to all the fighters on tuf 17 for putting on such a great season. And Chael Sonnen really stood out as a great coach.(unfortunately, Jones last will have the last laugh when they fight)
Uriah Hall- This guy is a str8 killer, and I was an instant fan. Just hearing him talk about his demons from his childhood, and getting picked on, etc gave me chills, because I was that kid as well. The one line that stood out was "If I just be ME, no one can beat me" I love that guy's mentality, and will be a fan for life. His fights speak for themselves. The guy is built for fighting. Watching him move around reminded me of Roy Jones Jr. Perfect blend of speed and power.

Kelvin- Reminded me of a young Diego Sanchez. People forget how ferocious Diego was, and he could take it and give it on the feet as well. Kelvin has that same fighting spirit, and I wouldn't be surprised he if beat Uriah this weekend.

Josh Samman- I have actually met Samman, and fought 2 of his guys in the amateurs. He always produced good fighters and seemed cool. My wife attended my fight against one of Sammans guys(we were the main event), she told Josh we were married, and he hooked her up with VIP seats. So it was cool to see a guy in the GA/FL area make it on TUF and do well. One thing about Samman, love him or hate him, people seem to give a fuck, one way or the other. He might as well embrace being the villan, keep winning fights, and I can see him sticking around for a while.

One thing about Samman, love him or hate him, people seem to give a fuck, one way or the other. He might as well embrace being the villan, keep winning fights, and I can see him sticking around for a while.

Yep. Really like watching dude fight. Really dislike hearing him talk (just came off as real conniving). So his fights are a win-win for me. Either he performs to his capabilities, and it's great to watch. Or he gets beat up, which is pretty awesome too.

I don't have any hate for Samman. I just don't think he was the best there, I don't think he was even in the top 3... top 5 yes.. I think Hall, Dylan, Obviously Kelvin and Colin all beat him ... I think he loses to a few of the other guys there too if they make it messy enough. The only thing that irked me was that he kept on talking about how he wanted to be smart and not be too banged up for the final. Again, IMO, like Bubba, he had the "you owe me something" attitude. You could see the look on his face after two or three scrambles in his fight with Kelvin, it was a total, "What the fuck is this shit?" face. I don't think he has a great deal of heart. He thought he could scheme/plan his way through based on how he CAN fight rather than how he DID. Fortunately there was someone with far less heart than him to out-dull everyone with how "not as good as they should be" they were.

Hopefully they make Samman vs. Hall, Hall's first real fight in the UFC. Some bad blood there would love to see it although I think Hall is a huge leap ahead of Samman

Back