TUF 23 Ep. 5 PBP Discussion

Was it the 4am time or were you actually smoking something?

Just out of curiosity, how did you have Helen winning that fight? I'd love to hear how you break that down for Helen? I'm surprised anyone had it for Helen based on that last round. I think it was super clear and easy to score.

Would love to hear a break down of it if you're not too adverse to it?

it was 4am.. i had them 1-1, i think i gave it to to helen based on workrate, i dont remember :)

I like how NONE of you even mention that Claudia SUCKER PUNCHED Joanna in their fight, and that Claudia was the one to show disrespect at firstwhile Joanna showed respect. Joanna has every right to be just like she wants now. You can´t expect to go to some person in the street either, talk shit to their face and sucker punch them and expect them to say it´s all good or forgive you. If they want to maul you and kill you, just fine, you started it. If you feel they can only do the same abck to you as you did to them, you´re deluded.

Claudia started this and sucker punched...the lowest thing you can do. Claudia is just trying to be nice and everything fine, imagine 4-0 to Joanna how Claudia would be. Probably tell all her fighters to sucker punch her fighters like she did herself. All that BS about her not hearing the bell is still stupid as the Ref was between them.

Claudia started this. Period. And Joanna is the bad person, because she should just let go and forgive? lol. She got every right to, Claudia started it. But you´re acting like Joanna is the bad person. Besdies htye could easily edit everything "bad" that Claudia says out, and let all the stuff Joanna says be in the tuf episodes, to really make it seem like the devil vs the angel.

Anyway I´m starting to think this season will be a flawless victory for team Claudia, although NEXT fight Joanna will win for sure it seems, but I thought that about episode 3 and 4 aswell. Last guy to be picked is sometimes very dangerous, so the upset might be coming.

It wasn't really a sucker punch. She was reacting to Joanna's slightly late shot in the heat of battle. Claudia kicks at the bell, JJ then throws a little shot after it, and that is what Claudia reacts to. Not much, and she obviously shouldnt have in the first place but it wasn't an out of the blue, random sucker punch. It was a late reactive shot...however, she immediately apologised profusely for it and that is the big difference. She was the bigger person for recognising that mistake and took steps to fix it.

In the heat of battle, especially in a really tough war like that was, sometimes that stuff happens. She reacted to a shot JJ threw after the bell when the ref had jumped in to stop it. It was a poor decision, but she realised it straight away and tried to give a genuine apology and this is why JJ is coming across like a dick. She refuses to acknowledge it and basically it ends up being in her court and she reacts like how she is coming across in TUF. Poorly.

If it stems from such a small incident that only turned into something big because of JJ, then it's all on her. Claudia made the initial mistake by reacting to JJ's late shot in the heat of the moment, but realised it wasn't a cool thing to do and had the respect and integrity to apologise straight away for it. There's nothing more she could do, and if JJ acts like a dick, refuses to accept it after she also hit late, and then takes it all way too far with all this tired bullying stuff, then it's really not Claudia that caused it and kept it going.

it was 4am.. i had them 1-1, i think i gave it to to helen based on workrate, i dont remember :)

hehe, I'll give you that...I can't even see straight at 4am! Workrate made sense for the second round, as well as the control, but workrate for the last round?

Anyway, cheers mate. Hopefully we see more fights like that for the rest of this season. It was a goodun.

Anyone remember Brad Scott on TUF: The Smashes? I think he said something along the lines of, paraphrasing, "I wish I had a sob-story to tell coz it seems to be the done thing, but my life is awesome - I love my job, I've got a wicked girlfriend, my family are really supportive and I love my camp."

Was quite funny.

Anyway, Harper did better than I was expecting but I did have her losing. Not the worst fight.

Abdel will be gone next week, he's blatantly been fucking around and his wife has found out.....my guess would be a 1-night-stand who saw TUF/was told to watch TUF, saw Abdel with his missus on episode 1 and spilled the beans.

Khalil will most likely step in to replace him. I don't see them bringing back anyone from episode 1.

Spicely's gonna submit Urbina quickly, IMO.

I think if it's not Khalil, it should be that chick that fought Ashley and should have won. Jardine's missus I think it was.

Fight records can be strange with these fighters. Sherdog and Tapology both list Lanchana Green's pro MMA record as 0-1. A United Kingdom source, however, a month ago described her pro MMA record as 2-1. Some Sherdoggers have also said that the 0-1 stat overlooks some of Green's fights.

Just to be clear, I wasn't talking about Green. I was talking about one of the women that lost her fight to get into the house.

People say it these days to indicate that they find someone extremely attractive, at least I think that's what it means. I just run with it.

It's what all the kids are saying these days. Supposedly it stands for "before anyone else."

Aha! Gotcha. Bit of a weird one if I say so myself. So a super attractive chick that you'd fuck before anyone else?

Cheers fellas. I feel old when I see this stuff and just think "what the fuck does this mean?!" lol

I like how NONE of you even mention that Claudia SUCKER PUNCHED Joanna in their fight, and that Claudia was the one to show disrespect at firstwhile Joanna showed respect. Joanna has every right to be just like she wants now. You can´t expect to go to some person in the street either, talk shit to their face and sucker punch them and expect them to say it´s all good or forgive you. If they want to maul you and kill you, just fine, you started it. If you feel they can only do the same abck to you as you did to them, you´re deluded.

Claudia started this and sucker punched...the lowest thing you can do. Claudia is just trying to be nice and everything fine, imagine 4-0 to Joanna how Claudia would be. Probably tell all her fighters to sucker punch her fighters like she did herself. All that BS about her not hearing the bell is still stupid as the Ref was between them.

Claudia started this. Period. And Joanna is the bad person, because she should just let go and forgive? lol. She got every right to, Claudia started it. But you´re acting like Joanna is the bad person. Besdies htye could easily edit everything "bad" that Claudia says out, and let all the stuff Joanna says be in the tuf episodes, to really make it seem like the devil vs the angel.

It wasn't really a sucker punch. She was reacting to Joanna's slightly late shot in the heat of battle. Claudia kicks at the bell, JJ then throws a little shot after it, and that is what Claudia reacts to. Not much, and she obviously shouldnt have in the first place but it wasn't an out of the blue, random sucker punch. It was a late reactive shot...however, she immediately apologised profusely for it and that is the big difference. She was the bigger person for recognising that mistake and took steps to fix it.

In the heat of battle, especially in a really tough war like that was, sometimes that stuff happens. She reacted to a shot JJ threw after the bell when the ref had jumped in to stop it. It was a poor decision, but she realised it straight away and tried to give a genuine apology and this is why JJ is coming across like a dick. She refuses to acknowledge it and basically it ends up being in her court and she reacts like how she is coming across in TUF. Poorly.

If it stems from such a small incident that only turned into something big because of JJ, then it's all on her. Claudia made the initial mistake by reacting to JJ's late shot in the heat of the moment, but realised it wasn't a cool thing to do and had the respect and integrity to apologise straight away for it. There's nothing more she could do, and if JJ acts like a dick, refuses to accept it after she also hit late, and then takes it all way too far with all this tired bullying stuff, then it's really not Claudia that caused it and kept it going.

First of all, let me say that I think Claudia's punch has nothing to do with why Joanna feels animosity toward her. You can see at the end of the gif Joanna's wave toward Claudia which I think can clearly be interpreted as meaning something along the lines of "don't worry about it, it's no big deal." Joanna praised Claudia after the fight, and displayed no animosity that I recall in any of her post-fight interviews. Look to the source of Joanna's animosity as arising after this, in reactions to statements from Claudia that Joanna took to be disrespectful. I assume that these are statements relating to the theme of being robbed by the judges. I didn't follow their statements in social media or in interviews during which time the animosity built up, so I can't say for sure exactly how it progressed, but I think that Joanna has reiterated her claim several times that she was respectful to Claudia immediately after the fight, but that Claudia was not respectful to her in return.

Claudia%2BGadelha%2BPunches%2BJoanna%2BJedrzejczyk%2BAfter%2Bthe%2BBell%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

That said, I think that most people view Joanna's late punch as being part of a flow that she was already into at the time the bell rang ending the fight. Maybe Claudia did not see it that way and felt she was owed a punch to make things even. Whatever was going through Claudia's mind, I don't find it credible that Claudia's punch was just a matter of the flow of the action running over the bell a little. Too much time elapsed, and it looks like she may actually be swinging around the interposed ref to deliver her punch. Nor do I find her "I didn't hear the bell" apology convincing: the ref positioned between them as he was should have been enough, whether Claudia heard the bell or not. I think Claudia was indeed genuinely sorry she threw the punch, but I think she was sorry because she knew that it could potentially be huge trouble for her and her career.

Last edited:
Here's Jedrzejczyk speaking after the fight. Judge for yourself if she was disrespectful to Gadelha or if she was bothered by the late punch.

Here's Jedrzejczyk speaking after the fight. Judge for yourself if she was disrespectful to Gadelha or if she was bothered by the late punch.

Honestly if a fighter like Jones or Joanna tries to permanently injure my eye sight in a mma fight I would do more than a sucker punch after the fight. It's clear by now that those two cheaters do it over and over.

Trying to maim someone for life by poking eyes is a douche bag move. Honestly fighters should be banned for life for that shit.

Some reason mma fans care more about Palhares holding leg locks too long, than champions going for soft tissue and trying to purposely blind people.

Last edited:

I remember claudia saying how respectful she was here, and so surprised how she is being now.

First of all, let me say that I think Claudia's punch has nothing to do with why Joanna feels animosity toward her. You can see at the end of the gif Joanna's wave toward Claudia which I think can clearly be interpreted as meaning something along the lines of "don't worry about it, it's no big deal." Joanna praised Claudia after the fight, and displayed no animosity that I recall in any of her post-fight interviews. Look to the source of Joanna's animosity as arising after this, in reactions to statements from Claudia that Joanna took to be disrespectful. I assume that these are statements relating to the theme of being robbed by the judges. I didn't follow their statements in social media or in interviews during which time the animosity built up, so I can't say for sure exactly how it progressed, but I think that Joanna has reiterated her claim several times that she was respectful to Claudia immediately after the fight, but that Claudia was not respectful to her in return.

Claudia%2BGadelha%2BPunches%2BJoanna%2BJedrzejczyk%2BAfter%2Bthe%2BBell%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

That said, I think that most people view Joanna's late punch as being part of a flow that she was already into at the time the bell rang ending the fight. Maybe Claudia did not see it that way and felt she was owed a punch to make things even. Whatever was going through Claudia's mind, I don't find it credible that Claudia's punch was just a matter of the flow of the action running over the bell a little. Too much time elapsed, and it looks like she may actually be swinging around the interposed ref to deliver her punch. Nor do I find her "I didn't hear the bell" apology convincing: the ref positioned between them as he was should have been enough, whether Claudia heard the bell or not. I think Claudia was indeed genuinely sorry she threw the punch, but I think she was sorry because she knew that it could potentially be huge trouble for her and her career.

The sucker punch indeed doesn´t have anything to do with the dispute at all. It´s been said that it was the way Claudia reacted after the fight, despite Joanna being very respectful. I just mentioned the suckerpunch because no matter how people twist it. The ref as I stated and you stated, was clearly between them, and it was a sucker punch. Period. The lowest thing you can do. Doesn´t matter whats going on in the fight, then complain to the ref or after a round if you want to go all in for that.

In any case it was definitely Claudias reaction. And now she´s trying to be all nice girl. As said, she started this. And even if not, then it doesn´t matter, Joanna knows exactly what she´s doing with how shes acting now and it´s working. + It makes people watch the fight.

Abdel will be gone next week, he's blatantly been fucking around and his wife has found out.....my guess would be a 1-night-stand who saw TUF/was told to watch TUF, saw Abdel with his missus on episode 1 and spilled the beans.

A little late but...

I don't see how this makes sense. This episodes are tape delayed by months.

Edit:
My guess is he's been cheating on... radaman. He's a little chunky so he's probably eating during the day or eating pork. I'm not a xenophobe or anything but he didn't seem like the adultery type. He didn't even want to sleep in those chick's room.

My guess is he's been cheating on... radaman. He's a little chunky so he's probably eating during the day or eating pork. I'm not a xenophobe or anything but he didn't seem like the adultery type. He didn't even want to sleep in those chick's room.

Radman%20-%20Dargir.jpg

m_TEAM-RADMAN-LIFETIME-MEMBER-drzcecpssn.jpg

424510-25_main_large.jpg

220px-Radarmen2.jpg

Back