TUF 17: Why'd King quit?

shredman

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This is an old one, but why did King quit in his wild card fight against Bubba?

He said that he had one fight where his kidney shut down that was similar to that, but it wasn't revealed what happened in the Bubba fight.

Was there something physically wrong with him or did he just punk out? It didn't look like he took that much punishment in the fight.

To me looked like he just quit, the guy talked a big game but he wasn't a very good fighter

Got beat up by Bubba of all people, one of the most mentally weak people that has ever competed on TUF

I think he just gave up.

Irrelevant but I did meet him last year. He was nice enough to shake my hand and take a picture with me even if he seemed like he was in a hurry. He was still wearing his TUF beanie.

To me looked like he just quit, the guy talked a big game but he wasn't a very good fighter

Got beat up by Bubba of all people, one of the most mentally weak people that has ever competed on TUF
He's had issues in the past with his kidneys, and going through 2 or 3 fights at the time with multiple weight cuts took their toll. He couldn't use an IV to rehydrate, and his body just began to shut down.

Back