Trump Strips Former CIA Chief John Brennan of Security Clearance

Is Trump Stripping Security Clearances a good or bad thing?

• Total voters
This, because I simply cannot imagine a scenario in which the former department head of the CIA could possibly be useful in future investigations. This seems clear, because all of our enemies that were around before Trump disappeared, so the guy really must not have any insight on them.

You know who else at the CIA has insight? Every single last one of them.

Quit acting like John Brennan is the backbone of the agency. My God, you must fear the death of these people, because apparently the IA's just can't survive without them. America will not suffer because this old retired guy lost his clearance.

Also, maybe these guys can focus on being an aid to the government, and less on being TV stars getting paid to shit on Trump in interviews.

You know who else at the CIA has insight? Every single last one of them.

Quit acting like John Brennan is the backbone of the agency. My God, you must fear the death of these people, because apparently the IA's just can't survive without them. America will not suffer because this old retired guy lost his clearance.

Also, maybe these guys can focus on being an aid to the government, and less on being TV stars getting paid to shit on Trump in interviews.

Yeah, I guess I should trust the viewpoint of a Canuck Trump dangler over the intelligence agencies themselves. I have no idea why they themselves would consider this stripping as a problem, or elaborate as to why the former heads being able to provide support is helpful.

Yeah, I guess I should trust the viewpoint of a Canuck Trump dangler over the intelligence agencies themselves. I have no idea why they themselves would consider this stripping as a problem, or elaborate as to why the former heads being able to provide support is helpful.

Try to get some sleep tonight, sweetheart. As we all know, America is now in grave, GRAVE danger, because some retired dude got his clearance taken away. It's just a matter of time now, before a situation arises that brings the country to it's knees, that only John Brennan's insight would've solved.

Try to get some sleep tonight, sweetheart. As we all know, America is now in grave, GRAVE danger, because some retired dude got his clearance taken away. It's just a matter of time now, before a situation arises that brings the country to it's knees, that only John Brennan's insight would've solved.

You make a buffoon of yourself with such lame hyperbole. You are swinging at a tee absent a ball.

You make a buffoon of yourself with such lame hyperbole. You are swinging at a tee absent a ball.

Yeah, you got nothing.

Security clearance is a privilege, not a right. The IA's will be just fine without John Brennan not having his clearance. The end.

Yeah, you got nothing.

Security clearance is a privilege, not a right. The IA's will be just fine without John Brennan not having his clearance. The end.

Yeah, it's not at all likely that the president is lashing out at his critics without regard. We all know he never does this. Trump is right, and the previous administrations and intel community must have never had a legitimate reason for the practice.

Yeah, it's not at all likely that the president is lashing out at his critics without regard. We all know he never does this. Trump is right, and the previous administrations and intel community must have never had a legitimate reason for the practice.

<DCrying>

Do try to get a good night's sleep. I know it's rather tough in these Brennan-less times, but we all must cope with this great loss to the nation...nay, universe.

Brennan bless. God help us all.

<DCrying>

Do try to get a good night's sleep. I know it's rather tough in these Brennan-less times, but we all must cope with this great loss to the nation...nay, universe.

Brennan bless. God help us all.

You seem to think that because I see a clear problem with the leader of my nation pettily stripping the former head of an intel agency of his clearance as being great support for Brennan, whilst thinking the nation will collapse without his insights.

In reality, the intel agencies can tell you why having former heads and agents being able to have a ready clearance in order to potentially assist in investigations regarding threats or issues from when they were in position.

You're so used to the leader of my nation acting like a hyperbolic baby, you project that unto others. Quite pathetic, even for a tundra fuck.

You seem to think that because I see a clear problem with the leader of my nation pettily stripping the former head of an intel agency of his clearance as being great support for Brennan, whilst thinking the nation will collapse without his insights.

In reality, the intel agencies can tell you why having former heads and agents being able to have a ready clearance in order to potentially assist in investigations regarding threats or issues from when they were in position.

You're so used to the leader of my nation acting like a hyperbolic baby, you project that unto others. Quite pathetic, even for a tundra fuck.

Try some Ambien tonight. You'll be okay.

He is clearly not assisting the Trump administration with any of that. He has publicly accused Trump of treason (with no evidence), so he obviously views Trump as the enemy.

Try some Ambien tonight. You'll be okay.

Cool, you don't seem to have much of an argument except for your typical border patrol apathy.
He is clearly not assisting the Trump administration with any of that. He has publicly accused Trump of treason (with no evidence), so he obviously views Trump as the enemy.

And what, pray tell, would be the reasoning to explain the other dozen or so people implicated on the list?

And what, pray tell, would be the reasoning to explain the other dozen or so people implicated on the list?

I am pretty sure they are not currently providing assistance to the Trump administration. If they were ever needed again, they could have their security clearance reinstated.

I am pretty sure they are not currently providing assistance to the Trump administration. If they were ever needed again, they could have their security clearance reinstated.

They assist their former departments, not the administration directly.....

They assist their former departments, not the administration directly.....
I doubt it. The CIA has another director now, and if Brennan needed a security clearance to advise the new one Trump would allow him to have it. If any of these people are needed in an official capacity, they should be hired as contractors. None of them are.

I doubt it. The CIA has another director now, and if Brennan needed a security clearance to advise the new one Trump would allow him to have it. If any of these people are needed in an official capacity, they should be hired as contractors. None of them are.

Typically, they keep their clearances for easy access in service of the current leadership in said department. Does it strike you as odd that the president just so happened to start stripping clearances from people involved in investigating Russian activity, or people who had criticized the president?

Nope, it's all of these career public servants, not the president, who is playing a petty game.

Typically, they keep their clearances for easy access in service of the current leadership in said department. Does it strike you as odd that the president just so happened to start stripping clearances from people involved in investigating Russian activity, or people who had criticized the president?

Nope, it's all of these career public servants, not the president, who is playing a petty game.
Most people are stripped of their government clearance immediately after leaving government work (for good reason). Brennan is not involved in the Russia investigation in an official capacity (if at all). If he is involved he probably should not be (as he should be nothing more than a witness). I am willing to bet Patraeus isn't involved either. You are really reaching on this. Trump has the power to remove anyone's security clearance if he does not feel it is useful for them to have it.

Most people are stripped of their government clearance immediately after leaving government work.
This is bullshit. You're either lying intentionally or don't know what you're talking about. Their clearances are no longer active, but they still have them. An inactive clearance is fundamentally different from removing it.

Most people are stripped of their government clearance immediately after leaving government work (for good reason). Brennan is not involved in the Russia investigation in an official capacity (if at all). If he is involved he probably should not be (as he should be nothing more than a witness). I am willing to bet Patraeus isn't involved either. You are really reaching on this. Trump has the power to remove anyone's security clearance if he does not feel it is useful for them to have it.

Are you aware that the former head of the CIA could have experience in something other than Russia that might be useful? Dude, Trump is stripping clearance from those who have investigated Russia, and those who are critical of him. Don't defend authoritarian horseshit so readily, it's not a very American look.

You also know nothing about what happens to clearances after an official leaves their office. Add that to the list.

This is bullshit. You're either lying intentionally or don't know what you're talking about. Their clearances are no longer active, but they still have them. An inactive clearance is fundamentally different from removing it.
You're just posting up a sensational argument of semantics. :rolleyes: Fact: Most people who have a security clearance no longer have access as soon as they leave the government work that requires it. Which term you use to describe that lack of access is not important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back