Trump reaches deal on DACA with dems, no wall

All I read was;

No Wall.

Another example of a politician promising shit he cannot deliver on.

Again, why would he discuss the WALL with democrats?

They would never even entertain it.

All I read was;

No Wall.

Another example of a politician promising shit he cannot deliver on.

Not sure why thread title says "no wall" as it's not a part of this deal which is attempting the help people on the DACA program.

It's still planned. Way to go AP and tease the already emotionally abused left.

DJpwyyqWAAETfiy.jpg

@HeLLMuTT - Trump disagrees with his own spox then -

My man, did you watch the video in that tweet let alone read said tweet? It reinforces what Sarah Sanders said not refute it.

Interesting to hear that right now they are building a number of different prototype versions of the wall to see what will work best.

2013 Gang of Eight Immigration Bill in the Senate had massive border spending. It passed the Senate 68-32, but Boehner, fearing for his speakership, never brought it to the House floor.

That Gang of Eight - McCain, Rubio, Graham and Flake as the Republicans and Schumer, Durbin, Melendez and Bennett for Dems. Given that Schumer was deeply involved in that bill, and that it passed with 68 votes in the Senate at the time, I'm betting that is what Schumer is selling Trump right now.

Here is the border security section - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borde...ty,_and_Immigration_Modernization_Act_of_2013

Title I - Border Security
Title I, which begins on page 33, covers changes being made to border security in the United States.[2] Some of the goals mentioned below are also addressed in the preceding sector One of the major provisions of S. 744 is a focus on increased border security, primarily dealt with in Title I. The bill establishes a goal of achieving a 90% success rate (Section 3(a)(3)) of intercepting and deporting undocumented immigrants who attempt to cross the border in one of the "High Risk Border Sectors" - places where more than 30,000 people cross per year (Section 3(a)(5)). In order to accomplish this, the bill would increase the number of CBP officers by 3,500 people by 2017, authorize the National Guard to participate in missions related to border security, fund additional surveillance and surveillance technology, and provide funding to build a border fence.

After the enactment of the bill (should it be enacted), the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has 180 days to write and submit two reports. First, the "Comprehensive Southern Border Security Strategy", which is a strategy meant to explain their plans for achieving and maintaining effective control in all high risk border sectors along the Southern border (established in Section 5(a)). The "Southern Border" refers to the international border between the United States and Mexico. The report will be submitted to several committees in Congress for review. Section 5(a)(2) explains the elements that should be included in the report, namely criteria for measuring success, capabilities that need to be obtained for the success of the strategy (equipment, personnel, etc.), and the infrastructure and technology required.pg 19-20 Congress grants the Department of Homeland Security $3,000,000,000 in order to pursue this strategy (Section 6(a)(3)(A)(i)).

The second report that the DHS is required to write and submit in 180 days is the "Southern Border Fencing Strategy" to identify where fencing, including double-layer fencing, infrastructure, and technology should be deployed along the Southern border (Section 5(b)). Congress grants the Department of Homeland Security $1,500,000,000 in order to pursue this strategy (Section 6(a)(3)(A)(iii)).

The bill would focus on three particular high risk sectors - the Tucson sector in Arizona and the Rio Grande and Laredo sectors in Texas.[8] Title I focuses on preventing additional illegal immigration into the United States.

Title I includes a number of provisions which are explained more explicitly in the bill's text. This is a short list of some of them:

• Definitions: "Rural, high-trafficked areas" are rural areas through which drugs and undocumented aliens are routinely smuggled, as designated by the Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection. The "Southwest border region" is the area in the United States that is within 100 miles of the Southern border.
  • Additional U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers are added - 3,500 additional federal law enforcement officers to be trained by 2017
  • Authorization for the National Guard to be deployed to the Southwest border for the following purposes:
(1) to construct fencing, including double-layer and triple-layer fencing;
(2) to increase ground-based mobile surveillance systems;
(3) to deploy additional unarmed, unmanned aerial systems and manned aircraft sufficient to maintain continuous surveillance of the Southern Border;
(4) to deploy and provide capability for radio communications interoperability between U.S. Customs and Border Protection and State, local, and tribal law enforcement agencies;
(5) to construct checkpoints along the Southern border to bridge the gap to long-term permanent checkpoints; and
(6) to provide assistance to U.S. Customs and Border Protection, particularly in rural,high-trafficked areas, as designated by the Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
  • Authorizes and funds border crossing prosecutions and related court costs in the Tucson Sector at a level sufficient to increase the average number of prosecutions from 70 a day to 210 a day ($50 million from the $3 billion Border Security Fund). It also provides increased funding for Operation Stonegarden to assist state and local law enforcement to help prevent illegal activity along the border.
  • Provides additional funding for additional border patrol stations and forward operating bases to interdict individuals entering the United States unlawfully immediately after such individuals cross the Southern border and to provide full operational support in rural, high-trafficked areas.
  • Provides funding for vital radio communications and interoperability between CBP -Office of Border Patrol and state, local, and tribal law enforcement to assist in apprehension efforts along the border.

People, people should be happy.
Because it's people, people who get to stay.
Christian.
You say you are but sometimes what you say makes me wonder if you've ever actually read the words of Jesus.

He just knows whatever some pastor in whatever hick town his character lives in, tells the character he is posting as. Since it's obvious now that he's just a masterful troll. Had me fooled for a long time.

My man, did you watch the video in that tweet let alone read said tweet? It reinforces what Sarah Sanders said not refute it.

Interesting to hear that right now they are building a number of different prototype versions of the wall to see waht will work best.

Trump is saying the wall will come later. It is not part of this DACA deal discussions. That is what Schumer and Pelosi have said. It's what Trump said here. It's not what Huckabee-Sanders is saying.

Money was allocated to building new fences along crossing "hotspots", sometimes including double and triple layer fencing in the 2013 Gang of Eight Immigration Bill that passed the Senate 68-32. The money allocated was $1.5B, the coast of Trump's wall would be $100B+.

What happened to "And Mexico will pay for it" anyways?

Republican Congress isnt doing shit for POTUS.

Maybe this lights a fire under their ass.

I'm British. The left-wing over here are hell bent on flooding Britain with Muslims. They sure love wrecking nations. I'll enjoy watching the USA get transformed into Venezuela. You do realise that's what's going to happen, yes?

Better to become Venezuela than Somalia. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Care to guess why the republicans havent voted on it?

He has to convince someone. And right now it looks like the only people he can work with is the dems.

The GOP is actually quite useless, that's why they haven't voted on it. They're self serving, useless people. It's why they couldn't even get a proper healthcare bill prepared in 8 years.

It has less to do with Trump's policies and everything to do with their selfishness.

Not sure why thread title says "no wall" as it's not a part of this deal which is attempting the help people on the DACA program.

It's still planned. Way to go AP and tease the already emotionally abused left.

DJpwyyqWAAETfiy.jpg

They get traffic and money, that's why.

It's not what Huckabee-Sanders is saying.

What happened to "And Mexico will pay for it" anyways?

It is what she said, exactly lol.

Who cares? You definitely aren't aware at how many ways that can be skimmed from them under the assertion it's paying for something else and that's already being done.

Don't move goalposts bro, it's not a good look. You get more respect admitting you were wrong about something. Especially a small detail.

The GOP is actually quite useless, that's why they haven't voted on it. They're self serving, useless people. It's why they couldn't even get a proper healthcare bill prepared in 8 years.

It has less to do with Trump's policies and everything to do with their selfishness.

So it has to go through congress. The GOP is useless. That leaves who for Trump to work with?

Back