Trump moves $260M from cancer research, HIV/AIDS and other programs to pay for illegal immigrants...

People seem to be ignoring this:

In a statement, HHS said these types of reprogramming requests are routine and have occurred for the the immigrant children program in previous years going back to 2012. Similar transfers of money are also used in times of need, like with the Zika concerns in 2016.

==================

But by all means, continue acting like the world started on inauguration day 2017.

Last edited:
................. Darwin? what do you think natural selection is?
Groups unfit for survival dying off. Plus, homosexuals don't generally reproduce, so...
Perhaps Darwinism isn't exactly correct, but you know what I am referring to.

Hilarious to see the defenders make it entirely about the HIV/AIDS part and conveniently entirely ignore cancer research part. As always we see a lot of intellectual dishonesty on this board.
Is your understanding that these programs are going to be deprived of funding? Because that's wrong.

Hilarious to see the defenders make it entirely about the HIV/AIDS part and conveniently entirely ignore cancer research part. As always we see a lot of intellectual dishonesty on this board.
I think I was the one that brought up the AIDS funding. No dishonesty, I brought up the AIDS funding because it was the part that I didn't care about. As to the cancer funding part, all I will say is that the money has to come from somewhere?

Money doesn't simply fall out of the sky. Obviously we can't just keep spending money like there's no tomorrow, and cuts have to made somewhere.
Again, we on the Right have been saying for years that illegals jumping our border are causing an undue financial burden. If Trump cut money for holding facilities, he'd be called Hitler.
Can't please everyone.

False. You know what they call a straight man with HIV/aids who doesn't mess with needles?

A liar.

You are really a piece of shit cunt, you know that? Have you ever heard of Africa, or noticed that the money is also for cancer and other disease research, you dolt?

Is your understanding that these programs are going to be deprived of funding? Because that's wrong.

That interpretation is pretty far down the list of logical interpretations one can make of what I wrote. And no, that was of course not what I was saying.

That interpretation is pretty far down the list of logical interpretations one can make of what I wrote. And no, that was of course not what I was saying.
What is your problem with the matter this thread is concerned with?

It's almost as if we have an illegal immigration problem that isn't the huge financial benefit that makes places safer that the left claims it is.

I think I was the one that brought up the AIDS funding. No dishonesty, I brought up the AIDS funding because it was the part that I didn't care about. As to the cancer funding part, all I will say is that the money has to come from somewhere?

Odd choice to comment on the part that you don't care about. Usually one does the opposite.

And of course the money has to come from somewhere. I wouldn't personally put cancer research at the top of the list of irrelevant spending, or over-funded posts, but that wasn't my objection and it's of course not up to me what a different country decides to prioritize.

OR WE COULD STOP LETTING ILLEGAL FUCKING IMMIGRANTS IN IN THE FIRST PLACE

God damn some people are stupid. Yeah this is totally Trump's fault. You motherfuckers need to pick a victim they can't all be helped. We shouldn't be paying for either group with my tax dollars.

Money doesn't simply fall out of the sky. Obviously we can't just keep spending money like there's no tomorrow, and cuts have to made somewhere.
Again, we on the Right have been saying for years that illegals jumping our border are causing an undue financial burden. If Trump cut money for holding facilities, he'd be called Hitler.
Can't please everyone.

The post you quoted talked about the rhetoric being used in the defense. As for the issue of spending, I do find it funny that the military parade that Trump wants to get going (although I don't know it's current status after it ran into a bump) seems to be no cheaper than the cuts made here.

The spending move does not bother me. Hope the money does good with our current immigration boarder mess.

Trump single-handedly made those families be separated WITHOUT a plan to actually deal with the ramifications...
Oooooorrrr the families single handedly separated themselves when they broke the law. Guess where my child would not go if I was caught drunk driving with him? WITH ME

What is your problem with the matter this thread is concerned with?

Exactly what my post said, the rhetoric used in the defense. Cherry-picking one minor aspect of the cuts to health programs and disease research and saying that there's no issue with that.

NCI's budget for 2018 is $5.665 billion, which is an increase of $275 million from last year and the article says it's being cut by $13.3 million, which is still $262 million more than last year.

What does one expect? Politicians have ignored the immigration problems for the last couple decades. Now that the issue is out of hand and we don't know who is coming into the country, the money has to come from somewhere to address this issue.

Liberal Logic: This is all Trump's fault!

I don't think the issue here is the fact that the money needs to be provisioned, rather, what gives. Had he docked 260 mil from military spending it would have been a different story.

Back