Trump may pardon Jack Johnson

Naw, I'm good.

The difference is that you aren't willing to defend you own BS, or your BS attacks.

Where I am willing to debate both.

What industry do I work in?

Oops I guess that question kind of blows a hole in you and Homers very strange attack you have engaged in.

If I understood why you guys came at me like that, this might not be a fued, but considering how random and aggressive that attack was, you can look forward to plenty more of these interactions in the future, and I promise you I won't be looking to tuck tail and move on.

I'll never understand the fixation with the Russian collusion. I probably agree with Trotsky on as many if not more issues than I do Trump. But because I don't tow the Russia is evil line I'm a Trump Cock Sucker

If i were the descendants of Johnson I would refuse. It would be purely political and I wouldnt want that racist using Johnsons name for political gain.
Trump is racist because...

Go on. Give it some effort.

<SelenaWow>

This is kind of embarrassing for you. But I won't return your "bitch" insults, except as to say exactly what is proven by this post: you're an immature kid who is on an uninformed faux-radical kick because it makes you feel cool.

Ah yes, @Trotsky, the shining example of maturity...

So, if he goes back on that, he's a pussy. Just as big a pussy as all the pussies on this forum who mindlessly defend him because they're too big of pussies to admit that they were wrong, were stupid, and idiotically supported a man child

Lulz.

Anyways, yeah Trump should do this.

I think it's a bit over the top to call him a piece of shit, just because he did what 90% of people would have done, if they were in his position.

We applaud selflessness but we shouldn't necessarily expect it. Especially from a guy who fought other people for a living. All things considered, he could have been a lot worse.

"Over the top" is pretending life must be a strict either/or journey; either dedication to selfless service or dedication to hedonistic excess.

My criticism of those like Johnson is not that they somehow failed to live as sacrificial, Christ-like figures. But that they failed to demonstrate even a minimal degree of balance between the extremes.

"Over the top" is pretending life must be a strict either/or journey; either dedication to selfless service or dedication to hedonistic excess.

My criticism of those like Johnson is not that they somehow failed to live as sacrificial, Christ-like figures. But that they failed to demonstrate even a minimal degree of balance between the extremes.
The man lived as he saw fit without making a victim of anyone. He didn't owe anyone anything.

Haha, people should be discredited and vilified because they enjoy their lives after making money and success -- brown shirt logic is highly amusing. You hear that rappers, nfl players, nba athletes!?

also the leftist sissy fights in a Jack Johnson thread is equally hilarious

739.gif

This is obviously just symbolic, but it would be in my opinion a very powerful and worthwhile gesture by Trump, who is himself a combat sports fan and patron of the boxing profession.

This is something that I am absolutely sure that President Obama wanted to do, but could not because of the optics of him pardoning a black man so long after his death, and how it might be construed as racially divisive, racial activism, playing the race card, etc.

Meanwhile, for a Trump presidency that clearly wants to properly tailor its message in what former social norms it wants to bring back and what norms it wants to leave in the past, I think this is a powerful nod to the fact that his platform isn't to bring back racial hatred and discrimination.

http://fortune.com/2018/04/22/donald-trump-jack-johnson-sylvester-stallone/

You're a little more than a day late and it was still on the front page?
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/trump-may-pardon-jack-johnson.3752091/

But yeah, Obama did not want to do it or he would have. He refused Reid and McCain's request to do so in 2016 for the 70th anniversary of his death.

Mods can merge this one into mine above if they like, or...

Carry on...

<Fedor23>

Hey look, a thread about Trump pardoning Jack Johnson!

lol

You're a little more than a day late and it was still on the front page?
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/trump-may-pardon-jack-johnson.3752091/

But yeah, Obama did not want to do it or he would have. He refused Reid and McCain's request to do so in 2016 for the 70th anniversary of his death.

Mods can merge this one into mine above if they like, or...

Carry on...

<Fedor23>

Whoops, my bad.

I think you're being obtuse, though, in thinking Obama had no disincentives to do it. I think you know exactly how Fox News and friends would have spun it: "racially divisive Obama isn't focusing on real issues that affect American people because he's focused on virtue signaling by pardoning black criminals from 100 years ago."

I'm surprised there's anything controversial about the idea. It might be a largely meaningless bit of political theater, but it's certainly a better move than his pardon of Arpaio for racial profiling, right?

You consider being a black man with a white woman a “dubious crime?”

Perhaps I should have said 'dubious' crime to make it more obvious.

Firstly we'll ignore the fact that it wasn't as simple legally as a black man being with a white woman as there were issues of prostitution involved. I do believe that practically in this case it was a black man being persecuted for being with a white woman.
In that case what is the pardon doing? Is it 'forgiving' Johnson of a crime that shouldn't even be a crime? That seems a bit patronising when surely it's the racist lawmakers of the past who should be pardoned.

democrats 'trump is racist' narrative BTFO again

I'm sure Jack will be pleased to hear it.

Joking aside, one of the GOAT Heavyweight Champions:cool:

Back