Economy Trump in Christmas message wishes EV users to rot in Hell

it's happening in europe already. gas or diesel cars are being phased out, it's already a rule in the EU that gas or diesel cars will no longer be sold starting 2035. 10 years seems like a long time, but imagine the gigantic fleets that will be required starting then. by 2050 there will be no more gas or diesel cars allowed on any road in europe.

don't get me wrong, i am sort of fine with it, as long as it doesn't hurt economic activity. but to sit and say it's definitely not happening is disingenuous. it's definitely happening, and while i don't expect it to be a political point in the elections here, it might be in america.

Okay, great, Europe is doing this, however there is absolutely no push to "phase out" or to "ban" fossil fuel based automobiles here in the US. So no, here in the USA, it's not happening.

Reactions: PEB
Well said goatnald, a true poet imo.

As combustion engines are slowly phased out, the cost of running them and maintaining them will skyrocket. We've already seen this. Nothing you said makes anything an easier on me to make this conversion. You've addressed none of my concerns, from cost to viability in a rural setting. Most of my state had no power last week. How do I keep warm in this situation? How do I commute?

You do realize that the reason fewer fossil fuel based cars are being sold is because of market forces (i.e. fewer people want to buy them) ? Would you prefer that the government limit the sale and availability of them in order to keep your costs low or something ?

there is absolutely no push to "phase out" or to "ban" fossil fuel based automobiles here in the US.
really? i was reading california wants to ban the sale of diesel trucks by the same date. maybe i'm wrong.

You're exactly correct. He has a blunt and vile way of speaking about things and then, once in office, either not doing anything or making things worse (like the trade deficit, healthcare, infrastructure, bringing back manufacturing jobs, etc.)
My wallet liked it a lot more when things were "worse".

Okay, great, Europe is doing this, however there is absolutely no push to "phase out" or to "ban" fossil fuel based automobiles here in the US. So no, here in the USA, it's not happening.

You do realize that the reason fewer fossil fuel based cars are being sold is because of market forces (i.e. fewer people want to buy them) ? Would you prefer that the government limit the sale and availability of them in order to keep your costs low or something ?
I would prefer a sensible conversion that won't put me in debt for the next 20 years and won't cause me to freeze to death in the winter and leave me literally stranded in the middle of nowhere when I have no power.

State by state are we talking or federally ?
pff. got me i guess. i forgot for a moment the distinction. over here things like these, if they become eu rules, they HAVE to be implemented by all the countries. it's different in america.

My wallet liked it a lot more when things were "worse".

You mean like when prices dropped during the pandemic (because demand dramatically decreased) and thousands of people were dying daily from COVID and life expectancy decreased by nearly three years ? Things were so great then ?

I would prefer a sensible conversion that won't put me in debt for the next 20 years and won't cause me to freeze to death in the winter and leave me literally stranded in the middle of nowhere when I have no power.

Is there an effort in Maine to ban gas for heating ?

pff. got me i guess. i forgot for a moment the distinction. over here things like these, if they become eu rules, they HAVE to be implemented by all the countries. it's different in america.

Yeah, there is a bit of a difference. Here in the USA, there is no way congress is going to pass anything that bans fossil fuel based automobiles, although there are some liberal states (most likely in the northeast) that might place some limits on them.

You mean like when prices dropped during the pandemic (because demand dramatically decreased) and thousands of people were dying daily from COVID and life expectancy decreased by nearly three years ? Things were so great then ?
No it was way better even before the Sweet and Sour Sniffles "Pandemic" when the majority of people that were dying were already over the life expectancy and usually had 2 or more serious comorbidities and 78 percent of all people hospitalized were Obese..... No but 2020 was a great year and nothing really changed but I did notice some muppets walking around with panties on their faces and acting like the sky was falling. Yeah things were actually pretty great and the Gym that I'm a co owner in expanded its members by 40 percent that year.

No it was way better even before the Sweet and Sour Sniffles "Pandemic" when the majority of people that were dying were already over the life expectancy and usually had 2 or more serious comorbidities and 78 percent of all people hospitalized were Obese..... No but 2020 was a great year and nothing really changed but I did notice some muppets walking around with panties on their faces and acting like the sky was falling. Yeah things were actually pretty great and the Gym that I'm a co owner in expanded its members by 40 percent that year.

So, things weren't that bad during the pandemic because mainly older people died (prematurely) ? Wow, that's a pretty morbid and sad philosophy of life you have.......

So, things weren't that bad during the pandemic because mainly older people died (prematurely) ? Wow, that's a pretty morbid and sad philosophy of life you have.......
Exactly life was just fine during the "Pandemic" but Trump did make mistakes by giving that Pedo Keebler Elf Fauci a voice and giving the CDC which proved to be about as credible as Gas Station Sushi any power.

Exactly life was just fine during the "Pandemic" but Trump did make mistakes by giving that Pedo Keebler Elf Fauci a voice and giving the CDC which proved to be about as credible as Gas Station Sushi any power.

So you honestly think things were "just fine" during a pandemic that killed over 1,000,000 Americans and decreased the life expectancy by about 2.5 years ? I think you're a troll and are simply trolling me but even still......

This honestly does not make sense and you're clearly talking from your ass. If the majority of the people who died from COVID were "over the life expectancy" (and like you claim, basically only older people died from COVID), then how come life expectancy dropped so much ?

I love how people are arguing over the details of a "Christmas message" that is wishing people to rot in hell.

Trump is a garbage human being.

Yep, because it's so "Chrsitian-like" to gleefully wish people to rot in hell.

One of the funniest and most ironic things about Trump is that his biggest support is from so called "Christians" and yet he is simply exacerbating the rapid decline in Christianity by simply being who he is.

Back