Trump Appoints Son-in-Law to Head Government Reforms

On a scale of 1-10 how stupid are you if you think my post was not an example of nepotism?

Here is the definition since you are clueless

nepotism - the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

For it to be nepotism first you have to prove that Townes-Whitley actually was hired to do this and then you still also have to prove Townes-Whitley was friends with Michelle Obama and not just a classmate.

another person from princeton was one of the executives on a big governemnt project? Wow, thats some devastating nepotism.

Way worse than appointing your son to government positions.

That just happened to be buddies with mrs obama and whose company was highly unqualified and cost us 100s of millions of dollars.

I could give 2 shits about nepotism if the person actually does a good job.

How much did trump's son in law cost the tax payers for his idiocy??? Because Obama's nepotism cost 100s of millions.

Get some knee pads and get the fuck off my lawn.

For it to be nepotism first you have to prove that Townes-Whitley actually was hired to do this and then you still also have to prove Townes-Whitley was friends with Michelle Obama and not just a classmate.

I just fucking did that.

It's not shocking that the trumpers who said no to Jeb bush because they were tired of families running government are OK with top positions being filled by Trump's family.

Meanwhile just like I fucking said
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/whitley.asp

Toni Townes-Whitley has a number of linkages to First Lady Michelle Obama.
Whitley joined CGI and two years before Barack Obama became President.

Four firms applied: IBM, Computer Sciences Corp., Quality Software Services and CGI Federal.
As is tradition, the selection process was strictly sheltered from political considerations and political appointees at CMS or elsewhere in the administration, according to numerous former and current CMS employees.

In testimony on Capitol Hill, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said, in response to a direct question: “Congresswoman, we have spent about $118 million on the website itself, and about $56 million has been expended on other IT to support the web.”

That adds up to $174 million.

Moreover, the federal government has obligated $196 million, so the tab could certainly run that high if CGI submits the bills.

To sum up: The floor for spending on the Web site to date appears to be at least $170 million, with an upward potential of nearly $300 million.

An HHS official says there is another $630 million in potential obligations for HealthCare.gov going forward. Whether all of that money will be spent is another question, but clearly money is being burned now to fix the problems that have emerged. So, when all is said and done, the cost of the Web site could be above $600 million. If you add in other costs, it could be potentially higher.

^ so a buddy of mrs obama gets her company a contract to make a website then totally fucks it up to where it can cost 100s of millions to fix it.
If you think her company got the bid because of "technical prowess" You are a fucking idiot.

Now get the fuck off my lawn.

Hi retard, from the very source you cited:

The contract to develop HealthCare.gov grew out of CGI’s initial bid and contract to provide technology services for the Department of Health and Human Services, a process which began in 2007, three years before Toni Townes-Whitley joined CGI and two years before Barack Obama became President. Although many sources have described CGI’s contract to develop the HealthCare.gov as “no-bid,” CGI was in fact one of four companies who bid on the contract to build Healthcare.gov, and CGI’s selection was based on technical considerations and not on any putative relationship between Michelle Obama and Toni Townes-Whitley:

Critics have repeatedly asked how CGI Federal got the contract, and there has been widespread speculation on online news sites and blogs that the firm was selected because of political ties to the Obama administration.

But a review of internal documents and interviews with former and current federal officials show that the selection process was walled off from politics.

In the summer of 2011, the Obama administration was racing to figure out who would build the Affordable Care Act’s all-important Web site. “Time is of the essence,” said an internal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) draft request for proposals, dated June 24, 2011.

With deadlines looming, officials limited the bidders to the winners of the 2007 umbrella contract. “There was very great time pressure,” recalled a former CMS official familiar with the process. “The feeling was we had a lot of big IT powerhouses and they knew our work.”

Four firms applied: IBM, Computer Sciences Corp., Quality Software Services and CGI Federal.

As is tradition, the selection process was strictly sheltered from political considerations and political appointees at CMS or elsewhere in the administration, according to numerous former and current CMS employees.

“I deliberately stayed out of contracting,” said Leslie Norwalk, the agency’s acting administrator under President George W. Bush. “If that had changed, I would have heard rumblings.”

Agency documents show that a career contracting officer, in the CMS Office of Acquisition and Grants Management, was in charge of awarding the contract for the Web site. The selection process focused on bidders’ business and technical proposals, which described the proposed cost, hardware and software required, proposed infrastructure design, security requirements, and key personnel.

The companies’ past performance was not a priority. The CMS document listed it as the second least important of seven technical evaluation factors. And the review would look only at past work under the 2007 umbrella contract, the document said.

Documents and interviews show that CGI Federal was selected because of what was deemed to be the company’s technical prowess, even though the price of the firm’s proposal was higher than that of at least of one competitor.

wjNnPXk.jpg

Trump has showed us something, that "something" being the array of appointing powers the POTUS has that are easily exploitable; yet we've never seen a modern President utilize them for such blatant nepotism and financial self interest because of what can colloquially called "common decency."

Hi retard, from the very source you cited:

The contract to develop HealthCare.gov grew out of CGI’s initial bid and contract to provide technology services for the Department of Health and Human Services, a process which began in 2007, three years before Toni Townes-Whitley joined CGI and two years before Barack Obama became President. Although many sources have described CGI’s contract to develop the HealthCare.gov as “no-bid,” CGI was in fact one of four companies who bid on the contract to build Healthcare.gov, and CGI’s selection was based on technical considerations and not on any putative relationship between Michelle Obama and Toni Townes-Whitley:

wjNnPXk.jpg

Lol, KABOOM!!!

i hear trumps niece is going to be secretary of labor followed by his nephew becoming the next russian ambassador to the us :)

That just happened to be buddies with mrs obama and whose company was highly unqualified and cost us 100s of millions of dollars.

I could give 2 shits about nepotism if the person actually does a good job.

How much did trump's son in law cost the tax payers for his idiocy??? Because Obama's nepotism cost 100s of millions.

Get some knee pads and get the fuck off my lawn.

I just fucking did that.

i think its official
you are
officially
the dumbest person in the WR

you own post contradicts what you say
just............................wow

Is it going to go like this:

It costs too much money to have Department of______employees doing the logistics of their agency. Therefore, we will contract those responsibilities out to private companies.

Example: Rather than have the State Department organize the shipping of goods to the US embassy in Happystan, we will save money by outsourcing the shipping of furniture, cars, and equipment heading to the embassy to Globotastic Industries.

However, the cost of using Globotastic is twice as expensive has using the actual General Service Officers within the State Department. Therefore, even though we are cutting the government workforce, we are charging the taxpayer twice as much. But, since Globotastic is a private company, we can say "We're creating jobs in the private sector!"

????

Kushner seems to be 10x more capable than Trump if you ask me.

Nah, Trump built his own brand. Kushner's father is also a RE tycoon, but little Kushner never built his own brand. Dont believe in all that hype about Little Kushner winning the election for Trump.

"I love the smell of nepotism in the morning." Love it. Good one.

It's weird how his family members get government clearance, government paid housing, government issue cell phones, and will be working in the white house, but they're not government employees. Apparently all you need to do in today's Washington to avoid ethics violations is go "Nuh uh!!"

Back