True or False - Weidman was beating Rockhold in the stand-up/fight, and outstriking him

Who was winning the standup before Rockhold's big takedown in rd 3?

• Total voters

flakxd

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Until that spinning wheelkick.

Is Weidman the better striker of the two? Those body kicks were landing with frequency.

Does Bisping win if he can simply keep it standing? Stick & move laddie....

True. But I only watched the fight once... And I was drunk

Weidman was losing every round on the scorecard bar 1 according to 1 judge. Rockhold was superior the whole fight, how people say Weidman was winning before the wheel kick is beyond me.

Weidman was losing every round on the scorecard bar 1 according to 1 judge. Rockhold was superior the whole fight, how people say Weidman was winning before then is beyond me.

He might not have been winning but it was a shitload closer than people here made it out to be at least

If you just listened to Sherdog you'd think Weidman was on the brink of death from the starting bell.

Rockhold landed more strikes overall but they were mostly leg kicks. Weidman landed more head and body shots. So yeah..but barely

Hahaha Weidman looked foolish in the stand up and got outclassed everywhere the fight went lol.

As for Bisping, the only thing he's gonna be responsible in this fight is HOW he wants to get finished:

A) Stand and get his head kicked off into the 7th row

B) Give up his neck and get strangled

C) Give up the TD and pounded into ground beef

image.jpeg

It was close. I gave Luke the edge, but I also don't think we saw the best version of Weidman that night.

TRUE!!!

giphy.gif

weidman was lukes backpack for most of the first round, thats for sure. that was like old tuf chiesa stuff.

i dont think weidman was ever really leading at all throughout the fight, but it was more so like tit for tat stuff until rockhold started pummeling him towards the end of the third and finishing him in the 4th.

You know Sherdog, when someone loses, they got REKT.

Weidman definitely had some good moments in that fight and landed some solid shots each round up until the spinning wheelkick. Rockhold wasn't dominating the stand-up like so many say on here. I will say he was winning the stand-up battle, but not by much. Rockhold's kicks were naaaasty.

It was a good competitive fight up until Weidman threw that......thing.

it was a close fight until the end. Weidman looked like he gassed out to me and then it was all downhill from there.

He might not have been winning but it was a shitload closer than people here made it out to be at least

If you just listened to Sherdog you'd think Weidman was on the brink of death from the starting bell.
Pretty much this. Both fighters should have won one round each prior to the revolving faeces from Weidman. The fight was close, I thought Rockhold had a slight edge but Weidman was having success with the bodykicks.

Also lol at "Rockhold's big takedown...", Chris fell and Rockhold fell on him...

Rockhold won every round (on top of the brutal TKO)

Weidman can't punch, he is an awful striker.

Round 3 seemed quite even to me up until the takedown. Both guys exchanging lots of body kicks but nothing full power. Both had some success with the hands. I think Weidman was getting the better of the stand up before the takedown.

Weidman took round 1, Rockhold round 2 and was winning the third up until the spinning shit, then continued to win the fight

Rockhold did everything but enter Chris Weidman.

maybe in terms of points scored it was a fairly even contest... like if that fight ended right before before the wheel kick I could see it going either way

jk fuck that

Weidman was landing strikes sure but Rockhold was systematically dismantling Chris

for all of Chris' versatility and well roundedness he had no answer for Luke's lead hook and round kick to the body

Back