Television True Detective: Night Country- Season 4

That's because people who insist that entertainment should stubbornly cling to patriarchal, racist norms are incredibly loud. It isn't surprising that cohort is overwhelmingly straight, white and male.

You know what, though? Let them complain. It's entertainment and people have a right to vocalize their objections to what's being offered, that's what drives the market.

As for "woke", that's just the conservative objection to any awareness of racism, which isn't surprising considering how unashamedly white supremacist the west is and has always been.
This is exactly correct.

That's because people who insist that entertainment should stubbornly cling to patriarchal, racist norms are incredibly loud. It isn't surprising that cohort is overwhelmingly straight, white and male.

You know what, though? Let them complain. It's entertainment and people have a right to vocalize their objections to what's being offered, that's what drives the market.

As for "woke", that's just the conservative objection to any awareness of racism, which isn't surprising considering how unashamedly white supremacist the west is and has always been.
lol is this guy for real?

lol is this guy for real?

That doesn't make sense to you? You don't see the millions of angry straight white males and their ridiculous, childish complaints?

People are losing their shit over the skin color of dwarves and mermaids. Hopefully the next generation won't be such snowflakes.

That doesn't make sense to you? You don't see the millions of angry straight white males and their ridiculous, childish complaints?

People are losing their shit over the skin color of dwarves and mermaids. Hopefully the next generation won't be such snowflakes.
No can’t say I do. Sounds like some faux college campus outrage.

I thought the quote “We didn’t get THE guy but we got OUR guy” was perfect as that’s generally how the real world works.
Yeah and were not gonna get em all, but we got ours.

Honestly, I know it's an anthology, but just do this again with other actors. Its wide open and season 1 worked because it was simple.

Haha, so true. People like their little stable structure and will go crazy if it only changes slightly as if their whole identity is based on that. Which is probably and sadly exactly the reason they whine and cry like the helpless babies they truly are.

Haha, so true. People like their little stable structure and will go crazy if it only changes slightly as if their whole identity is based on that. Which is probably and sadly exactly the reason they whine and cry like the helpless babies they truly are.
Take a moment to think about why anything is put on display to deliberately be seen and with the goal of entertaining.

A story that switches gender or race roles is automatically in comparison to it's original. Why? Cuz, other than those changes, it's a copy. If the original is great, we know why its copied, but it's not the original. No matter what, if the original is great, the copy almost always will be inferior.

So what, season 1 is the best cuz of writing and it happens to star 2 white actors, whom were stars at the time. We only care about entertainment, but dont be fooled with how theyre giving us more.

Complaining about those that make obvious observations are the snowflakes. It's time to..."wake up" and see how pandering is screwing businesses.

No can’t say I do. Sounds like some faux college campus outrage.

Are you saying I'm outraged about outrage culture?

313-Inception.png

Are you saying I'm outraged about outrage culture?

313-Inception.png
If the shoe fits? The overwhelming majority of the criticism I see is on the poor writing which is valid imo. Yeah there’s a few people bitching about “wokeness” but it’s few and far between.

Take a moment to think about why anything is put on display to deliberately be seen and with the goal of entertaining.

A story that switches gender or race roles is automatically in comparison to it's original. Why? Cuz, other than those changes, it's a copy. If the original is great, we know why its copied, but it's not the original. No matter what, if the original is great, the copy almost always will be inferior.

So what, season 1 is the best cuz of writing and it happens to star 2 white actors, whom were stars at the time. We only care about entertainment, but dont be fooled with how theyre giving us more.
I’m not saying season 4 was great or care about Color. Season 4 was shit, the ending was unfulfilling. Season 1 had excellent dynamics between the two main characters.

Doesn’t mean that stories havent been changed and twisted over and over through each generation for literally thousands of years.

If you don’t like it, fine. But if you are raging about black dwarfs or a female cyrano you are missing the point and that is exactly what many people are doing.

And why? Because of gender and race firstly.

If the shoe fits? The overwhelming majority of the criticism I see is on the poor writing which is valid imo. Yeah there’s a few people bitching about “wokeness” but it’s few and far between.

Well, this season bored me to death. I haven't really been all that impressed with any season, although the first was the most entertaining.

My wife caught a lot of this season and I didn't realize she didn't watch season 1 with me. We started watching season 1 last night and I forgot how good of a show it is.

I can almost hear you angrily crossing and uncrossing your legs as you typed this out.

Back