Triple G Team at it again " I don't think Jacobs will take the fight , 75-25 for Jacobs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc A

Being broke is being dishonest
@Silver
Reaction score

So now you have Triple G trainer saying and I paraphrase 75-25 is fair and that if Javobs doesn't take it , it's Jacobs fault for wanting more .

Come on

I did not watch the video because 46 minutes is 46 damn minutes but Jacobs should flat out refuse that nonsense and wait for the purse bid which will give him something like 40% since he is the silver champion.

Jacobs draws crap ratings compared to GGG

He did mid 500k on Spike, and did like 200k or 300k against Quillin in Sho

Im assuming this is for all GGG MW titles too.

So fair call

Last edited:
Golovkin learned something from those Canelo negotiations.

We've already heard RR say 60/40 was what they are after. I'm sure team Golovkin is not ignorant of this either.

Golovkin learned something from those Canelo negotiations.

We've already heard RR say 60/40 was what they are after. I'm sure team Golovkin is not ignorant of this either.
Seano, I like you, bud.

How does a purse bid work? Does the winner of the bid set the purse splits?

Promoters make individual offers for the right to promote and stage the fight. Whoever makes the highest bid gets to put it together.

As for the split, I think thats up to the sanctioning body.

Promoters make individual offers for the right to promote and stage the fight. Whoever makes the highest bid gets to put it together.

As for the split, I think thats up to the sanctioning body.
Cheers.

The belt org decides the cuts but they are pre-set rather then determined by any individual fighter. I think a WBA championship fight is 65% to the champ and 35% to the challenger but since Jacobs has the silver belt I think he gets 40% or 45% instead of 35%.

The belt org decides the cuts but they are pre-set rather then determined by any individual fighter. I think a WBA championship fight is 65% to the champ and 35% to the challenger but since Jacobs has the silver belt I think he gets 40% or 45% instead of 35%.
Well thats what I dont get. Abel says the fight will go to purse bid and then says the 75-25 split. He didnt say they were offering that, he said it would go to purse bid and Danny would have to take that split or drop the belt.

Oh boy. Let me get the popcorn ready.

I eagerly await the flood of excuses for how this is ok.

Well thats what I dont get. Abel says the fight will go to purse bid and then says the 75-25 split. He didnt say they were offering that, he said it would go to purse bid and Danny would have to take that split or drop the belt.
Which means they won't actually negotiate to make the fight happen.

Which means they won't actually negotiate to make the fight happen.
Yeah thats what Abel was saying. But what im saying is Abel said the fight will likely go to purse bid and then Jacobs will have to take what he gets, then he comes out with the 25%. So he either knows the splits or he has said the wrong amount. He says in the interview a little further in, that in a purse bid "you get what you get". MArc A is trying to say that GGGs team actually offered that, when it doesnt sound like that at all to me. Or I could just be drunk lol.

Yeah thats what Abel was saying. But what im saying is Abel said the fight will likely go to purse bid and then Jacobs will have to take what he gets, then he comes out with the 25%. So he either knows the splits or he has said the wrong amount. He says in the interview a little further in, that in a purse bid "you get what you get". MArc A is trying to say that GGGs team actually offered that, when it doesnt sound like that at all to me. Or I could just be drunk lol.
They aren't making any offer. They're going to use the system to claim Jacobs is ducking, because they have no intentions of trying to make that fight.

Jacobs' CV looks loads worse than GGGs, whose is not great himself. 75-25 sounds like a good starting stance - probably end up more like 67 - 33. But this is his trainer talking so grain of salt.

They aren't making any offer. They're going to use the system to claim Jacobs is ducking, because they have no intentions of trying to make that fight.
Well what ever. It still isnt offering 25% like MArc is implying, seems pretty smart to me.

But this is his trainer talking so grain of salt.
I hope I can, but I have a feeling the fight won't get done all as a part of the marketing ploy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back