training being upped alot, advise with mass calories needed

Boltonian

Reaper of souls, terminator of goals
@White
Reaction score
Easy Sherbros, I have posted on this site a few times now and if any of you recall my last post i was transitioning into Muay Thai from Boxing. I havent boxed in about 9 months usual thing happened, injury which was caused by dick head in car and mass weight gain from being idle(80kg to 104kg to be exact) i am 2 weeks into training Muay Thai, which is going good i do a hour and a half 6 days a week and one of the Thai trainers came up to me at the end of the session and told me they want me to fight for there gym and next month ill be going into the fighters class. Here is where the problem lies, the fighters class is 3 hours long and they have a running routine in the morning for fighters which is usually 10kms. I have been dieting for a week and lost 4 kgs but with me adding running and more muay thai to my training my caloric intake is going up to nearly 4000 calories a day, which is a big leap from the 2300 ive been eating so far. So i was just wondering how you Martial artists, eat clean but with such high caloric intake. Cheers in advance

I actually don't think people who intake that high amount 100% clean. Its the same with bodybuilders, for years everyone assumed they ate 100% clean and lean, esp. due to marketing from magazines.
My TDEE is pretty high as well and I'm taking in 3850 daily.

You will have to partition your macro-nutrients accordingly. Fats are the most calorie dense so they will take up the bulk of your calories.

1g fat = 9 calories
1g carb/protein = 4 calories
[Its double the amount]

Also, where did you find 4000 as your TDEE? Are you basing that off the calculator, or from personal exp. using the scale weekly?

If its the earlier, its just a general ball park idea, and not 100% accurate, to be fair alot folks overestimate their activity level as well which throws the number off.

If you want, you can use my macros as a guideline and adjust it for yourself accordingly. Since you're dieting to lose weight, keep your protein at your end goal target weight (maybe 225-250 for you in this current cycle?)

mine:
3850 calories
120g fat
508g carbs
185g protein
*35-40g fibre

*more of a micro, doesn't affect your weight in gain/lose, but its nice to have to help bowel movements, or to feel more full. Keep in mind, we as humans don't digest fibre so it'll stay in your system until you crap it out. Don't panic over it when you've calculated your macros accurately, yet the scale is gaining because of a high fibre-intake. Give it about 2-3 days and you'll poop it out.

-Cheers

I actually don't think people who intake that high amount 100% clean. Its the same with bodybuilders, for years everyone assumed they ate 100% clean and lean, esp. due to marketing from magazines.
My TDEE is pretty high as well and I'm taking in 3850 daily.

You will have to partition your macro-nutrients accordingly. Fats are the most calorie dense so they will take up the bulk of your calories.

1g fat = 9 calories
1g carb/protein = 4 calories
[Its double the amount]

Also, where did you find 4000 as your TDEE? Are you basing that off the calculator, or from personal exp. using the scale weekly?

If its the earlier, its just a general ball park idea, and not 100% accurate, to be fair alot folks overestimate their activity level as well which throws the number off.

If you want, you can use my macros as a guideline and adjust it for yourself accordingly. Since you're dieting to lose weight, keep your protein at your end goal target weight (maybe 225-250 for you in this current cycle?)

mine:
3850 calories
120g fat
508g carbs
185g protein
*35-40g fibre

*more of a micro, doesn't affect your weight in gain/lose, but its nice to have to help bowel movements, or to feel more full. Keep in mind, we as humans don't digest fibre so it'll stay in your system until you crap it out. Don't panic over it when you've calculated your macros accurately, yet the scale is gaining because of a high fibre-intake. Give it about 2-3 days and you'll poop it out.

-Cheers
Thanks J123, I highly respect your nutritional knowledge because you have helped me before, your the man.

You have to eat alot.... I mean ALOT. Im not even in fight camp and im still eating 3000 a day while mantaining

You have to eat alot.... I mean ALOT. Im not even in fight camp and im still eating 3000 a day while mantaining
Yeah it seems like it's going to get to the point where it's hard to eat, I feel good and full eating 2300 calories a day at the minute, so 3500-3850 seems like a big task.

I find the best way to add calories when you're already eating high volume and satisfactory foods is to add coconut oil and butter to things like coffee, shakes, your steak/chicken/broccoli with cheddar melt; thats 1-300 extra calories.

Drink powdered gatorade during training (add creatine, dextrose helps with creatine uptake), you wont have to worry much about gastric emptying here really, just don't down the fucker, sip it slowly throughout a 2hr session, can easily ad 1-200 calories with this.

Down raw eggs in a shake. Seriously, i eat 2-4 eggs daily this way in the morning every morning, this works out to 20-25g protein and about the same for fat, so around 140-280 calories.

Down raw eggs in a shake. Seriously, i eat 2-4 eggs daily this way in the morning every morning

200_s.gif

Gotta second what everyone else said. Lots of great suggestions so far. Don't focus on clean eating, rather focusing on hitting your micronutrient targets each day and then just getting the calories in (use a site like Cronometer that tracks all the micronutrients). Another suggestion is to increase your calories slowly - don't try and eat 4000kcal per day starting tomorrow. Maybe add in 500-1000kcal over a week or two and go from there, at least until you find that you have sufficient energy for training.

I would personally try and keep carbohydrates over 500g/day with that training regimen. And I wouldn't shy away from going significantly higher if needed. Intra-workout carbohydrate beverages should definitely be included to fuel those long training sessions.

Yeah it seems like it's going to get to the point where it's hard to eat, I feel good and full eating 2300 calories a day at the minute, so 3500-3850 seems like a big task.
One helpful way to get in easy extra calories i do is to drink like 2 cups of milk in the morning (gives you more carbs and protien and adds about 400 calories to the mix.

if you gained 24 kg fats why do you wanna eat 4000 calories ?

how to up calories - eat more / eat things to have a lot of calories but don´t have ton of volumen, full fat milk, natty peanut butter, faty red meat, whole eggs, coconut oil. dark chocolate.

why force yourself to eat more ? Wanna be a heavyweight ?

My bud @ens189 knows a thing or two
About 4,000 calorie a day dieting. Maybe he can help

I'm not convinced "clean eating" really means that much.

Back