Trained at ATOS this evening

drabon74

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I am on vacation and stopped by for their 6pm class. Very good group they have over there, very cordial and welcoming. I was in whatever class is blue belts and up. If I lived in the area I would sign up in a heartbeat. Highly recommended if you are in the San Diego area.

How much was the drop in fee?

What was the class structure?

How many on the mat?

Any famous faces?

How was car traffic at 6?

50 fee, 25 if you do a yelp review. Mat was loaded, 55 is a good guess. Not sure how much they want people to divulge but I will tell you they roll 6 min rounds, and 8 rounds. You will leave tired and you will have the opportunity to roll with guys who have placed and or won national awards in gi and no gi. K Cornelius was there, Galvau was there also.

Could you say you would have fun training there in the long term? Or is the school set up to make great practioners and that's it?

Oh, damnit, I will wait for someone to drop into AoJ and make the same joke then.

Well it is not a joke.

It is the truth.

Behind all the facade of Christians religous mentality, the mendes business opened shop right across a shared car park with an already established Bjj gym.

Well it is not a joke.

It is the truth.

Behind all the facade of Christians religous mentality, the mendes business opened shop right across a shared car park with an already established Bjj gym.

Just out of curiosity, what Christian religious mentality is that going against exactly?

50 fee, 25 if you do a yelp review. Mat was loaded, 55 is a good guess. Not sure how much they want people to divulge but I will tell you they roll 6 min rounds, and 8 rounds. You will leave tired and you will have the opportunity to roll with guys who have placed and or won national awards in gi and no gi. K Cornelius was there, Galvau was there also.

Who whooped you ass though?

Could you say you would have fun training there in the long term? Or is the school set up to make great practioners and that's it?
I'm 47, 3 stripe blue belt from the South Carolina. I did ok, I tapped every white belt I rolled with, tapped 1 blue, got tapped 3 times, 2 blue belts and one of their black belts. Near the end I was stalling because I was tired and their guys seem very conditioned. If I lived there I would join in a heartbeat. There were plenty of guys I didn't get to roll with who would ball me up in a hury. They have a beginners class and they let you sit out if you need to. It was in no way intemidating, even for a guy in his 40's. Btw, the oldest guy I rolled with may have been 28 max. I was amazed at how many of their students moved to that area just to train at ATOS. I met students from Brazil, Montana, Texas, Guam, Arizona, SC, ETC.

Fantastic stuff. Keep it rolling. You should have rolled with Keenan.

Back