Toughest athletes in the world?

I hate to break it to you but we all descended from monkeys so climbing is natural to us as well you Jesus freak

Ah, pretty sure the theory is about sharing common ancestor/link not descends of apes themselves.

Toughest, maybe fake/"pro" wrestlers. They take a beating, on a crazier schedule than most combat competitors. It's stupid really. After that, maybe boxers & kickboxers.

Of course, this all depends on what you mean by tough. The way I tend to use it means resiliency, and consistently taking a beating.

basketball

kobe-bryant-ankle-injury-2013.jpg

98942382.jpg

Wait, don't hip-hoppers have rap-battles? And Biggy got capped right? That's danger right there. Can I change my answer?

#WESTCOAST

Toughest, maybe fake/"pro" wrestlers. They take a beating, on a crazier schedule than most combat competitors. It's stupid really. After that, maybe boxers & kickboxers.

Of course, this all depends on what you mean by tough. The way I tend to use it means resiliency, and consistently taking a beating.

10-20 years ago probably. Not any more, the amount of dates they need to work has greatly been reduced, and the style of wrestling has been toned back. They also don't work hurt as much compared to back then, now if you get a concussion - you're out a month, even if you are the champ. The old guard would be wrestling the next night, concussion, broken ribs, blown out knee, you name it.

Those adventure racers are bonkers.

did you check out the runners magazine about the dude that was a really good marathon runner that just started doing the adventure races? Pretty funny article, at one point the author said the guy ran up to a huge mud puddle and he dove right in the whole time the guy's dog that runs with him just looked at him like he was crazy. The guy lives with no heat or A/C in his house. At a local run the organizers in order to get a permit to have the run had to ask him not to drag a tire as the city council found it "disruptive".

The guy did an adventure race in Nicaragua where he said he came in second and last as no one else finished the race, two parts of the race that stuck out was climbing up a "tree" that was basically stripped of all branches and bark and another part of it was swimming at night in the lake down there that is infested with bull sharks.

Yes, definitely bonkers.

10-20 years ago probably. Not any more, the amount of dates they need to work has greatly been reduced, and the style of wrestling has been toned back. They also don't work hurt as much compared to back then, now if you get a concussion - you're out a month, even if you are the champ. The old guard would be wrestling the next night, concussion, broken ribs, blown out knee, you name it.

Kinda glad to hear that actually. I don't really follow it so I only had interviews with retired guys & "The Wrestler" to go on.

did you check out the runners magazine about the dude that was a really good marathon runner that just started doing the adventure races? Pretty funny article, at one point the author said the guy ran up to a huge mud puddle and he dove right in the whole time the guy's dog that runs with him just looked at him like he was crazy. The guy lives with no heat or A/C in his house. At a local run the organizers in order to get a permit to have the run had to ask him not to drag a tire as the city council found it "disruptive".

The guy did an adventure race in Nicaragua where he said he came in second and last as no one else finished the race, two parts of the race that stuck out was climbing up a "tree" that was basically stripped of all branches and bark and another part of it was swimming at night in the lake down there that is infested with bull sharks.

Yes, definitely bonkers.

I didn't read those articles but this is exactly what i'm talking about.

Daspy went Beastmode in this thread... Impressive work, Amigo.

Oliver Holt ‏@OllieHolt22 10h
This is a brilliant and desperately sad piece by @AndyBullatGNM on rugby and the dangers of concussion. ...

Death of a schoolboy: why concussion is rugby union's dirty secret

"On 29 January 2011, 14-year-old Ben Robinson played rugby union for his school. After being treated three times for blows to the head and sent back to the field on each occasion, he collapsed and later died in hospital. Behind his profoundly tragic story is another of a sport in denial, where authorities at all levels dither over treating concussion while all the time, players grow stronger, heavier and the hits get ever bigger"

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...schoolboy-ben-robinson-concussion-rugby-union

Back