Toughest athletes in the world?

MARTIAN

Otherworldly
Banned
Reaction score
other than MMA fighters or pure combat sports, which athletes are the toughest on average, which sport is the most physically demanding?

IMO it would be hard to argue against hockey and rugby players.
Rugby players play a very physical game with little protection while hockey is the fastest game on earth and is also full contact sport with bare knuckle fist fights in almost every game.

Honorable mention: lacrosse or any other sport where players are employed for no reason other than to fight and intimidate the opposition

GO LEAFS GO

Probably someone in Africa who has to chase his food.

Rugby and hockey for sure for team sports. That's undeniable.

But look to my AV for the toughest athletes in the world. Reinhold Messner, first guy to climb all 8000M+ peaks, and he did it without supplemental oxygen.

Mountaineers are the toughest shit, end of story.

Lacrosse..... LOL. Hockey for people who aren't good enough at hockey.

I think Dean Karnazes is a pretty big badass.

But look to my AV for the toughest athletes in the world. Reinhold Messner, first guy to climb all 8000M+ peaks, and he did it without supplemental oxygen.

didn't really consider extreme sports, only team sports. my mistake. although if we are talking extreme/individual sports mountaineers would be hard to beat

does that make them less tough?

Yes. I think they aren't any more tough than most other sports. Lacrosse is a joke in most schools. Seen as a rich kid "entitled" sport. Most of them act like assholes, but are huge pussys.

Damn, imagine the lungs on that mofo.

Yes. I think they aren't any more tough than most other sports. Lacrosse is a joke in most schools. Seen as a rich kid "entitled" sport. Most of them act like assholes, but are huge pussys.

u American ?

Handball goalkeeper. Few things take more guts than getting between the net and a jump shot from the 6 metre line.

Back