Toronto BJJ Gym Pricing

Any current members of Torontobjj know the monthly price paid if you get a year membership?

Great post and I can certainly understand and get the circumstances why it occurs.

For me, and a few I talked to at my gym, even if the price is not on the website (fine with that at this point), if I call and can not get a price, I generally do 1 of 2 things - either discount it or find out online/ask around and find out. It is not incentive for me to try it first. I talked to a few of the new guys and they mentioned the price was advertised online and it is what got them to come in, and when you call they tell you. They did not try out another gym in the area simply, because they could not get a price. Could they of afforded it? Who knows. Maybe this is an exception to the general case but it is my experience and the answer I got from the last few guys who I asked.

There is something that bothers me about having to try a gym to know the price but if it is good overall for business then I can certainly agree and respect that. If the emprical evidence supports it, why not!!

Our gym has done well by posting prices but it does not mean this is the best way.

I've never seen a true scientific study as it applies to martial arts schools, but I have seen it happen a handful of times.

Most schools either have always posted prices or never posted prices. Those cases aren't too interesting because there are too many variables between different schools to make a valid comparison.

I've never seen a school switch from never posting prices to posting prices. Usually they reason why they don't post is because they believe in the business aspect of that, and rarely is that going to change.

The useful cases to observe are those in which a school switches from posting prices to not posting prices. I have seen this happen maybe 5-10 times in my life with instructors that I have been close with. Usually they get the idea to switch from another school owner who gives them the advice.

Once the switch is made to not posting prices, I have never seen an instructor switch back. The overwhelmingly positive results convince even the skeptics. Not posting prices just gets more business in the door -- period. I have theorized why earlier on in here, but regardless of the underlying reasons, the results are pretty plain.

There are other interesting experiments that I have seen instructors conduct as well. One guy was trying to boost new enrollment with a special offer to beginners.

He got a list of potential contacts from his students (just asked them to give contact info for someone they wanted to refer who had expressed interest in training but never actually started). He wrote a letter inviting them to come in, etc. It was fairly standard stuff.

The interesting part was he split the contact list in half. For the first half, he wrote the letter normally like this. For The Second Half, He Wrote The Letter In Title Case Like This. Everything else was the same.

He got a substantially better response from the title case version. He was skeptical that it looked silly, but way more people responded well and signed up. Again, I'm not really sure the theory behind it (I looked it up and it was researched scientifically so it is probably out there), but the results were pretty amazing.

There are a lot of things BJJ instructors can do better to attract students. Ultimately, it is good for the art because it will spread it to more people who would otherwise not be reached. Without this stuff, BJJ is just an art that takes people who are already kind of strong (mentally at least) and makes them stronger. That is great, but I like to see it take an ordinary weak person and make him strong. Getting more people in the door is what allows that to happen.

Shit just got real in Toronto!

LOL @ BJJ In Toronto. I hate when coaches pass their services off as life changing. Grow up. It's a free market.

LOL @ BJJ In Toronto. I hate when coaches pass their services off as life changing. Grow up. It's a free market.

My coach changed my life, no doubt in my mind. It's certainly not that way for everyone...but you can only speak for yourself :)

Maybe you're a little bit too grown? You must've had it easy in in your teenage life, which must've been back when the economy was better than this shit now.

I've gone from following my drug addicted footsteps to being in a BJJ gym almost everyday and following advice from a man who teaches me how to choke out people.

Now tell me, do you think it my instructor has helped me changed my life, or I just do because the mats have a similar smell to that of the boiling processing of cocaine?

does anyone here have an updated price list for bjj in toronto?? That would be super useful.

Back