Media Topuria Says Volk will be his "Punching Bag", Confirms UFC Spain in 2024, Says NONE of UFC FW Division Deserves A Title Shot If He Wins the Belt

Black9

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Topuria Goes on MMA Hour with Ariel Says:
-He Has Overwhelming Confidence that he'll run through Volk "easily" and he will be his "punching bag"
-The rest of the FW division doesn't deserve a title shot after he wins including Max Even If he Beats Gaethje and they should "just retire"
-Confirms UFC Spain in 2024
-Says he Wants Mcgregor Next

Last edited:
I mean there's no clear cut contender really, with Max fighting Justin, so he's kinda right on that front (unless you say Movsar deserves a title shot)

But he's a turtle neck wanker

I fucks with what he's saying heavy. he has ZERO reason in his heart to believe that he'll lose to volk, he's 28, been looking impressive and is at the top of his game. This is exactly what he needs to think to pull it off next weekend.

I mean there's no clear cut contender really, with Max fighting Justin, so he's kinda right on that front (unless you say Movsar deserves a title shot)

In the interview he says even if Max wins he doesnt deserve it cause he would've beat the guy that "whooped his ass 3 times" lol

Max is the biggest fight legacy wise and financially he could realistically get after Volk unless he wants to defend against Movsar. His confidence is through the roof, I think he can pull off the title win.

Let’s be serious. Alex gets an instant rematch if he loses this fight. So that gives the rest of the top contenders time to cement themselves as number 1.

All those fights with Max, and now Islam. Have made the division a logjam. They have at least 6 months to clean it up a little. And even Alex is talking about LW again after this fight.

Seems like the best idea is to shut down FW. Nobody wants to defend the belt there.

Let’s be serious. Alex gets an instant rematch if he loses this fight. So that gives the rest of the top contenders time to cement themselves as number 1.

All those fights with Max, and now Islam. Have made the division a logjam. They have at least 6 months to clean it up a little. And even Alex is talking about LW again after this fight.

Seems like the best idea is to shut down FW. Nobody wants to defend the belt there.
Are we sure Volk gets an instant rematch coming off 2 straight losses and going 1-3 in his last 4 fights?
I feel like if they're going to UFC Spain, Him vs Max would be one hell of a main event especially if Max pulls off the upset and beats Gaethje.

Are we sure Volk gets an instant rematch coming off 2 straight losses and going 1-3 in his last 4 fights?
I feel like if they're going to UFC Spain, Him vs Max would be one hell of a main event especially if Max pulls off the upset and beats Gaethje.
Perhaps.

I think Volk still gets it though. He will be forgiven. remember he saved that main event on 2 weeks notice. The UFC will cushion him should he fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back