Top Rank on ESPN: 3/17/18 - Ramirez vs Imam for WBC 140 Title

On a side note: Felix Verdejo's career took a huge step back. He needs to reevaluate his situation and rebuild. He's still young enough to do it.
I don't know man, I think Verdejo is done. I never thought as much of him as the hype hyped him up to be, but since his motorcycle crash he's just looked worse and worse. inactivity is going to kill him

I don't know man, I think Verdejo is done. I never thought as much of him as the hype hyped him up to be, but since his motorcycle crash he's just looked worse and worse. inactivity is going to kill him
I still recall the competitive fight he had with Loma in the Olympics. He also showed a lot of speed and quickness early in this fight, but clearly he wasn't prepared well enough as he gassed out by the 4th round.

That guy was 15-2 with 14 KOs.

Conlan only had 5 pro fights

You might want to have a look at Berna's record to see where those numbers came from. The fight was embarassing. Like I said, he was served up as a sacrifice, not to mention Conlan's 10 minute entrance like he was the coming of the next fucking Jesus. I don't see why someone with a 5-0 record would strut in like hes the greatest of all time.

Imam is talented but a little Broneresque in that he was clearly trying to emulate Floyd and didn't have the tools. He gets backed up too often and isn't a good enough shoulder-roller to compensate. And like Broner he'd be more devastating coming forward more often.

Am I the only who thought Prograis looked pretty bad last week? I know he got the big TKO early, but Indongo had no durability and no power in his punches. Prograis did a shit job cutting off the ring, and was getting tagged pretty cleanly.

Am I the only who thought Prograis looked pretty bad last week? I know he got the big TKO early, but Indongo had no durability and no power in his punches. Prograis did a shit job cutting off the ring, and was getting tagged pretty cleanly.
He's overrated IMO

Verdejo’s claim to fame was giving Loma a tough fight in the olympics, other than that he never showed anything that makes him special

Rumor is his management team and trainer are to blame, they have no clue on how to handle Verdejo, I hope that to be the case so that he can make the necessary changes and make a comeback but its a stretch.

I thought his foot work and ability to cut off the ring was terrible
Funny you say that because I thought that ring was tiny, not impressed with Ramirez either, he looks so beatable, even to Prograis.

Arum doesnt want Ramirez vs Prograis next.

Sounds like he wants to marinate

Arum Wants Ramirez, Prograis to Take Interim Fights on Same Card

By Keith Idec

NEW YORK – The WBC has mandated that Jose Ramirez must make his first title defense against Regis Prograis.

Bob Arum, Ramirez’s promoter, has another idea.

Arum wants to pair Ramirez, who won the WBC super lightweight title Saturday night, and Prograis, the newly crowned WBC interim 140-pound champion, in separate fights as part of an ESPN doubleheader sometime in June or July. Assuming Ramirez (22-0, 16 KOs) and Prograis (21-0, 18 KOs) win those fights, Arum would then make a Ramirez-Prograis bout toward the end of this year.
https://www.boxingscene.com/arum-wa...-126339?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Funny you say that because I thought that ring was tiny, not impressed with Ramirez either, he looks so beatable, even to Prograis.

both look so sub-par... Crawford would beat the ever loving shit out of both of them. I am not even a big TC fan, and think he is being a bit overrated.. but he would brutalize them.

Edit: 140 kind of sucks right now, right Garcia and TC being the ones with any goods... but Garcia should be 135, and TC looks like he going for 147

Just catching this on the DVR, now. I am in round 9 of Ramirez/Imam. Fun fight.

Conlan with the body shot KO, basically. Opponent never recovered from that and was done. Not gonna lie, replay made me flinch a bit. Had to suck some wind.

I think he has a half decent offensive skillset, but he better have a great chin because he walks into a lot of clean punches.

I think he has a half decent offensive skillset, but he better have a great chin because he walks into a lot of clean punches.
I think Postol would have seriously hurt him had they fought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back