Tony Ferguson tells Kevin Lee - "This is my mat, not yours"

I remember a similar look from Cerrone when Diaz flipped him off.

There's an added psychological element to this that I think most people haven't noticed.

When Lee came out, he was dancing and jumping all around the octagon, with a cocky smile on his face, as if to claim ownership of the mat. Fighters often do this. They'll go near to the other guy's side of the cage before the fight as if to say "this is my space". Lee was trying to cement his territory.

So Ferguson wasn't just saying "this is my mat" out of the blue. It was a direct response to Lee's actions immediately prior to the fight, and his attempt to claim ownership of the space. Ferguson was just like "now what, bro".

And you can literally see Kevin's soul break when Ferguson says it.

Khabib will ragdoll him and his 10th planet will be useless. I love both of them, that's just how I see it going down
Khabib will slam him so hard it'll make Earth flat.
eddy_bravo_on_pot_lolmma.jpg

Khabib can dominate Tony for 5 rounds and I still don't think Tony will mentally break just like Anderson not giving up against Chael in the first fight. I want to see how Khabib would respond to adversity.
I would love it if the fight finished just like Chael v Anderson 1 with Tony slapping on a triangle in the last round for a win .

I really want a rematch of this fight to happen should Lee beat Barboza convincingly.

For all we know this fight would look very different if it wasn't for that staph.

Both great fighters. Even if you dislike Lee's antics outside of the octagon you have to respect him as a fighter. He could potentially be the future of the division. Is it just me though, or does it seem like he would be a lot better off in a division between LW and WW?

That shit was gold. Lee broke, right there. No slight on him either. He went out there and put it on Tony in the first.

Will be interesting to see who says that during Khabib / Cucuy, no matter which round.
I don't think words will matter in Tony/Khabib. Both these guys seem mentally unbreakable. It's a crazy person vs. a robot. Can't wait!

Khabib will break Tony. Not His will, but his face.

There's an added psychological element to this that I think most people haven't noticed.

When Lee came out, he was dancing and jumping all around the octagon, with a cocky smile on his face, as if to claim ownership of the mat. Fighters often do this. They'll go near to the other guy's side of the cage before the fight as if to say "this is my space". Lee was trying to cement his territory.

So Ferguson wasn't just saying "this is my mat" out of the blue. It was a direct response to Lee's actions immediately prior to the fight, and his attempt to claim ownership of the space. Ferguson was just like "now what, bro".

And you can literally see Kevin's soul break when Ferguson says it.

So did Ferguson kick Lee out of the Pride, kill his cubs and bang his Lionesses so he could spread his own genes?

Back