Tony Ferguson getting choked out

LMAO

Was that 1985?

Potato-Cam gives away just how long ago that was.

Where is the other dude now though?

Edit: Just looked this Toney guy up. Looks pretty good...this fight was from 2009. Looks like Toney has not fought in a long time. Retired maybe...

Last edited:
Well obviously he stands no chance against Khabib. Video is proof

This was nearly 10 years ago

iSNMXE0.gif

This video doesn't mean shit, but I think his BJJ is highly overrated.. maybe it really is that good, but we haven't seen it yet if it is.

Tony Ferg is the interim champ and has the longest winstreak in UFC lightweight history.. all you showed in this clip is that Tony has big heart and doesn't tap.

Jamie definately ain't no "James" Toney on the ground here

LMAO

Was that 1985?

Potato-Cam gives away just how long ago that was.

Lol eggs and actly, what is TS trying to get at here?
<{vega}>

Everyone, even some of the greats loses once or twice in the beginning of their career, It's never how you start, it's how you finish, and he's doing fucking fantastic as far as the guy who choked him out is concerned. This is a weak jab at Tony and I'm not sure what this accomplishes.

Max Holloway lost to Dustin Poirier and Conor McGregor early in his career, and right now, although he may not have as much money as Conor, he's doing way better than both in terms of feats and has accomplished a lot in comparison.

TJ Dillishaw got knocked out by John Dodson in 2009, and went on to become a 2x and current Bantamweight Champion of the world.

Robert Whitaker got KO'ed by Stephen Thompson, he went on to move up to Middleweight and took out killers row in fighters like Brunson, Jacare, and Romero to become the current Middleweight Champion.

So if the point you're trying to make is that people who lose relatively early in their career become successful and become Champions, congratulations TS, we get it, but if you're trying to use this as a dig at Tony Ferguson than the jokes on you, because what does he have in common with every one I listed?

He's the Champ!

I've waited for years to see this fight. This is good enough. Thanks a lot.

Tony is fun, but not tapping to a choke is stupid. 'Warrior spirit' or not. It makes you look more stupid. I don't understand why people commend people for it.

If you are going to predict an up coming fight based on someone's previous performance from almost 10 years ago than you must either be a khabib nuthagger or have no concept of how fighters improve to become better.

Dang. That stuff was recorded on Beta then transferred to VHS...

he was already 26-27 years old tho
This is why it is hilarious when people discredit Lando's potential, or any other young prospects ceiling, as he was 24 when he fought Tony. Additionally, with guys like Volkov today, we should be reminded that guys can fix massive holes in their game and elevate to super high levels in just a couple of years. If you see a guy young guy that is talented, driven, hungry and has a good head on their shoulders, you can be guaranteed that they will do well.

that was before he got his wings , now he is an untouchable angel of darkness

Back