Tony Ferguson calls up former coach/training partner Brock Lesnar for help with Khabib

no "big brock fan" would have a avatar of cain not a chance buddy.

Why would that be an issue ? because he lost to him or what.

My 3 favorite HW fighters are Fedor / Cain / Brock in no particular order.

Working with a heavyweight of Brock's size is one way to blow your knees out. Khabib by sub.

on inside mma, fergie was talking about prep for khabib

said he reached to get some sessions in with his former grappling coach and training partner when he was with DeathClutch (Brock Lesnar) to prepare him for Khabib's elite wrestling

93cf71522d.jpg
Good to see, war Lesnar.

said he reached to get some sessions in with his former grappling coach and training partner when he was with DeathClutch (Brock Lesnar) to prepare him for Khabib's elite wrestling

93cf71522d.jpg
It's over, Ferguson gonna ragdoll Khabib

You guys are talking out of your ass when you say Khabib's style is greco, he's awesome but in my opinion it's not greco at all, it's more like a combination of sambo and freestyle wrestling, I know he started out as a freestyle wrestler but wasn't very good, crazy right, khabib wasn't considered to be good enough to wrestle so he transitioned to sambo haha.....they are monsters in dagestan, I've seen him training at the same facility as monster wrestlers like Gadisov and Sadulaev.....but his style is not very greco at all, he goes for the legs to much in my opinion, which is very smart to do in mma, he changes level very well.

You guys are talking out of your ass when you say Khabib's style is greco, he's awesome but in my opinion it's not greco at all, it's more like a combination of sambo and freestyle wrestling, I know he started out as a freestyle wrestler but wasn't very good, crazy right, khabib wasn't considered to be good enough to wrestle so he transitioned to sambo haha.....they are monsters in dagestan, I've seen him training at the same facility as monster wrestlers like Gadisov and Sadulaev.....but his style is not very greco at all, he goes for the legs to much in my opinion, which is very smart to do in mma, he changes level very well.
Dude his style is judo plus a mixture of free style and grecoroman wrestling. More judo dominate though as his family as well as himselfnare 9th degree judo blackbelts.

This is why he's not afraid to tell his opponents to go train wrestling because deep down he knows his grappling is more than just wrestling.

Why such vitriol?

I'm sure Ferguson knows what's best for him too, but what I'm implying is that he's just using Brock's name for media attention rather than actual training purposes.

Brock isn't going to move or shoot the wrestling/sambo combinations that Khabib will, or with the same fluidity(not only from a tech standpoint but also size restrictions).

You would be naive not to see this for what it is... Publicity.
Im willing to bet if Tony can stuff a Brock takedown he can stuff Khabib lol

It's nearly useless IMO, Brock's wrestling is Folkstyle oriented.

Khabibs Sambo mostly resembles Greco Wrestling which relies on clinch/upperbody TDs

This doesn't even make sense

Honestly I don't think a 300lb unstoppable refrigerator is going to help him with Khabibs style. I'm actually more surprised with Brock Lesnar being willing to help someone but himself.

Did Ferguson ever actually train with Lesnar when he was with Deathclutch?

93cf71522d.jpg

Is he training cartwheels ?

Back